mattandersen 11-Aug-22
Lewis 11-Aug-22
drycreek 11-Aug-22
fuzzy 13-Aug-22
fuzzy 13-Aug-22
ReaganHorton 10-Jul-23
Fuzzy 10-Jul-23
07-Jul-22
Just saw this sign at my local HD There were only a couple there.

07-Jul-22

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Just saw this sign at my local HD There were only a couple there.

07-Jul-22

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
I don’t k is if this one is alive or dormant but for $5.47 it was worth a try.

07-Jul-22

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo

07-Jul-22

Chris S's embedded Photo
Roots with no dirt laying in sun
Chris S's embedded Photo
Roots with no dirt laying in sun
But this made me mad. There was a 12foot Apple tree laying on the ground with no pot just exposed roots laying on asphalt. The kid there told me a bunch got blown over in a storm the other day and some fell out of there pots. I guess they didn’t get around to putting them back in dirt and if I bought it and it dies to bring receipt back for refund. I told the cashier manger and she said take it for free and try to nurse it back to health. She was obviously irritated that it was left out to die. Anyway does anyone have any information how to keep it alive. I have the rootball soaking in a bucket of rain water in the shade and was debating on sticking it in my compost pile for a while to try getting g nutrients to it.

07-Jul-22
Scratch the trunk. If you see green it’s still alive. If not it’s dead. I would soak the roots and make sure they are not circling too bad. Most true habitat guys hate on box store fruit trees. I prefer grafted myself but I have a few box store trees that produce fruit. The biggest obstacle is not knowing what the rootstock is making it impossible to match the rootstock to your soil.

07-Jul-22

RIT's embedded Photo
Menards Kieffer
RIT's embedded Photo
Menards Kieffer

07-Jul-22

RIT's embedded Photo
Lowes pear
RIT's embedded Photo
Lowes pear

07-Jul-22
The worse thing that you can do to a small tree is dry the roots.

08-Jul-22
I would fire all them lazy employees that let those trees get in that shape.I have been trying t get Lowes to put theirs on sale.

15-Jul-22

11-Aug-22

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
So hear I am a month later. I soaked the roots in a bucket of rain water for 24 hours. Clipped any of the dried leaves and shoots to try to save its energy. Put it in a 40 gallon planter spreading the root ball as much as I could and clipping off the dried brittle dead ends. I put about 10 inches of soil on bottom and covered the rest with fresh compost right out of the bin that I figured was full of nutrients and natural fertilizer It was supposed to go on my garden but thought it would be more beneficial on the dying tree and watered every day. Results are amazing how well it rebounded. It’s growing a ton of leaves and I may be crazy but I think it looks like it’s happy!!! I feel really good about saving this even if it’s just a tree. The best part was my 11 year old son taking an interest in this little project and him being proud about saving the dead tree. Now to hopefully get it in the ground in a couple weeks when it cools down and we have rain in forecast.

11-Aug-22

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo

11-Aug-22

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
I really hope that one day my son will be able to take a deer near it if it matures and drops apples one day.

11-Aug-22

11-Aug-22
That is awesome and a great wish for the future!

11-Aug-22
That’s pretty cool ?? btw make sure you put a protector fence around them or the deer will destroy them don’t ask how I know lol ?? Good luck Lewis

11-Aug-22
If our HD had any they would be so dried up from the heat and drought that they wouldn’t even make a walking stick. Good luck with yours !

13-Aug-22
With that dried out tree I'd soak it a few days in a tub of non chlorinated water big enough to submerge the whole tree then plant it in a hole about 2 feet wide and 18 inches deep with a 50/50 mix of composted manure and the soil from the hole , water it well twice weekly

13-Aug-22
I just read back and saw you dif pretty much just that. Awesome that your son is taking an interest!

10-Jul-23
"Hey, that's an awesome find at Home Depot! It's always exciting to stumble upon great deals like that. It looks like you did a fantastic job grabbing those fruit trees. Those pears look fantastic! I recently moved to Canada and decided to start growing some fruit trees in my own backyard. It's been a fun and rewarding experience so far. If you're looking for more tips and insights on fruit tree care, I came across a helpful resource. They have a great article on growing mangoes in Canada, which might provide some useful information. Check it out at  https://thedailyfarming.com/farming/mangoes/how-to-grow-mango-in-canada/ "

10-Jul-23
a year later, how did they work out?

• Sitka Gear