Potro 12-Jul-22
wildwilderness 12-Jul-22
Bow4em 12-Jul-22
Bob H in NH 13-Jul-22
Firehuntfish 13-Jul-22
jjs 13-Jul-22
WV Mountaineer 15-Jul-22
12-Jul-22
Anyone flown to Africa recently and had their flight canceled or delayed? I fly out next Thursday and I’m on pins and needles worried my flight is going to go to hell with all the cancellations recently

12-Jul-22
I flew 2 weeks ago without a problem. Direct NY-Joburg with UA

12-Jul-22
Which flight do you have?

United EWR to JNB has been fine

12-Jul-22
EWR to JNB through united next Thursday!

13-Jul-22
If you look at the numbers flight cancellations are happening, but not like media is telling you. They are using raw numbers, anytime that's done look at the big picture. There are about 30K domestic traveller flights per day. When media says "5000 flights canceled over the weekend", that's less than 10%. If you stay with major hubs and popular flights, you are most likely ok.

I've flown cross country 5 times in the last 6 weeks, plus one international flight. No issues (well weather.....). Looking at the boards in the airports (Denver, Boston, DC, Charlotte) very rare to see cancelled.

13-Jul-22
We had a slight delay waiting for pilots. And more head wind going east to Joberg than normal, so we were late into Joberg. But all good

13-Jul-22
I have had many clients fly to JNB with both Delta and United recently with no significant issues or delays... Check out www.flightaware.com. You can enter your flight number and track the history of that particular flight to see departure and arrival times, any delays, etc...

13-Jul-22
Had 3 flights canceled going to Calgary and each time the price has doubled.

15-Jul-22

• Sitka Gear