Bowbender 14-Jul-22
Bou'bound 14-Jul-22
Shawn 14-Jul-22
PECO2 14-Jul-22
Shaft2Long 14-Jul-22
Beendare 15-Jul-22
13-Jul-22
I went to buy some VPA BHs and had some sticker shock: $62.99

I couldn't tell from the website if that was for 1, 3, 6, or whatever - in the past, they've come in a package of 3 and they cost around $40.

Did the price go up that much? Did they change the number of BHs in the package?

13-Jul-22
Inflation.

That’s the price for 3

I also think the expensive ones like Iron Will have made them justify the price

13-Jul-22
Seen that, over $20 a piece... I'm done, will never buy another VPA again, didn't like it when broadheads went over 10 bucks a piece... Gowelging prices examples character of businesses that only boycotting resolves... No reasonable pricing, no demand, no company...

13-Jul-22
Yep. I decided yesterday that I was going to buy sone more three blades. Went there and said nope.

13-Jul-22
Switch to a Magnus Snuffer ss…only real downside is they don’t come in any weights heavier than 125gr for those wanting heavy heads.

13-Jul-22
Craig, use brass inserts instead of aluminum. Or inserts that take weights added in back.

13-Jul-22
I'm sure its Putin's fault! Couldn't resist. Glad I've bought broadheads in the past. Should be good for years!

13-Jul-22
Tags go up in price. No prob. Leases go up in price. No prob. Trucks, SxS's, gas, bows, especially bows, go up in price. No prob. Arrows go up in price. No prob. Sights? ~$300-$400 and bow quivers for $150, no prob. Business end of what we do goes up in price. Packs up ball and goes home. Metaphorically speaking.

I work in automation, hi speed assembly work, machine design, etc... I can tell you the cost of steel, tool steels, stainless, aluminum have risen tremendously over the last two years, along with shop rates for machining. I remember the 100 & 125gr 3blade vented being ~$45 for years. They are now ~$52. A 15% increase over what five to seven years.

13-Jul-22
Had to check this out. I shoot their 100 grain vented 3-blade stainless. Checking my order history and the current price, here's the trend over the last 4 years. With material costs being so crazy lately, I doubt if VPA is even keeping up with inflation.

Oct 2018.....45.95 per 3
Oct 2020.....47.45 per 3
Sep 2021.....59.99 per 3
Jul 2022.......62.99 per 3

13-Jul-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
IMO what you'll see is more people buying the Chinesium clones that get dumped on EBay. Same thing with the Chinesium Rages a few years back. Their price increases may eventually cut into their sales as folks go elsewhere.

13-Jul-22
They are good broadheads, but with quality heads like QAD Exodus available for $40/pack, their market share will shrink at that price.

13-Jul-22
Montec M3's are $45 on the G5 website. The vented Montec is $40.

13-Jul-22
It's getting tough. I have 4 kids hunting now. That's a lot of arrows, broad heads, bullets, tags, camo.....etc. It's what we do and we'll find a way but sure is depressing.

13-Jul-22
Inflation rears its ugly head. The good news with those VPA heads is you can touch them up and reuse them multiple times lowering your cost of ownership.

Top line CPI is up 9.1%, but I’m seeing some things up much more than that. Ipe ( a hardwood like teak) is up 300%. My local burrito shop went from $9 to $12.50. Certain fabricated A32 steel components we use on our projects is up 40%.

Now we need to learn to live with inflation, my system of resharpening my 2 blade heads kicks inflation in the nads. Ha, its Spitting in the ocean I know… but it’s worth examining all of your expenses as there are clever ways to cut.

13-Jul-22

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I ordered a few packs of VPA heads last year so enough for a few years. Good quality, re sharpen easy. Killed this bull elk last season and then a WT doe with the same BH. Will use the same exact BH this year for both elk and deer. Seems like a good deal even with a price increase for a quality head.

13-Jul-22
I’m also guessing that they have to give all their employees raises to keep up with Bidenflation.

13-Jul-22
Soon we will no longer be able purchase these weapons of war so it won’t matter.

13-Jul-22
Yes, the cost of my waterfowl loads is up over 100%. Terrible.

13-Jul-22
Agreed it is an inflationary issue and as Beendare points out, it could be impacting them harder due to the specific materials they are using. I still think it is going to really squeeze them as there are other reusable options out there that are more cost effective. It probably won't have much of an impact those that are tried and true believers in the head, just the people who bounce around and like to try new stuff.

FYI....Many don't see them as a typical "reusable" option, but I am currently trying to see how many animals I can shoot with one Sevr broadhead. I killed 2 deer with the same head last year. Resharpen after each kill and it is ready to go for another. I am impressed with how well they hold up after a shot. I expected the ferrule to be pristine, but the blades haven't even had the slightest of bending either.

13-Jul-22
Bingo Mark. I use a 125 grain broadhead for my compound setup. I’ve used vpa’s before. Thought I’d try them again. But, the price for them now aren’t worth it to me. Since I primarily hunt with a trad bow. And, a much heavier head then 125 grains.

I hope they make it through this crap. But, I’m going through it too. So, saving $30 on a set of compatible three blade heads, is a no brainer. Nothing personal at all.

13-Jul-22
Comparing the number of arrows I shoot in a year compared to what I spend in a year to hunt, the broadhead cost - whether I buy Iron Wills or Chinese eBays is essentially negligible. If I take my truck hunting I could spend more on one trip in gas then my ANNUAL broadhead usage. So I just shoot what I want. Even then, VPA isn't on my arrow, but if it is yours; giver.

One tank of fuel: $220. A three pack of VPA's that would likely kill 3-10 animals? $75. Big whoop.

13-Jul-22

Missouribreaks's Link
Easy to see why.

13-Jul-22

Missouribreaks's Link
Easy to see why.

13-Jul-22

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Here are some heads you might be interested in Adam. While you are there take a look at the arrows too. They are only $89 per kill for 10 kills. :)

13-Jul-22
I see Bishop is still rolling with their proprietary S-7 bravo sierra. There is nothing proprietary about AISI S-7 (Trade name many years ago was Bearcat). You can request mill certs with higher or lower amounts of the alloying elements, but it will still be in the range of whatever is called out in AISI S-7.

13-Jul-22
lol you got me Bowfreak!! I guess at some point there is a limit!

13-Jul-22
Lol. Did you look at their arrow prices? If I was Elon Musk I wouldn’t buy their arrows.

13-Jul-22
Paul ,Trad or compound this year ?

13-Jul-22
Those Bishop prices are insane.

I’m either rolling with Magnus Stingers, picked up 4 packs for $120. Or the Rad Wildman. 5 pack for $40. Nasty, tough little broadhead. $65 is getting crazy.

13-Jul-22
Do those come with a pro shooter shirt?

14-Jul-22
The good news about Bishop heads and and arrows is they are now back in stock after years of capacity not being able to keep up with the high demand for that gear. Good to see they are back on the shelves.

Get em' while they last.

All Bishop all the time!

14-Jul-22
I think they are made with VPA propietary steel….

14-Jul-22
Bou,

Does it still take 8 weeks to process and ship in-stock items? Asking for a friend.

14-Jul-22
The last dozen I ordered did not take 8 weeks. It was one.

I had the chance to pay extra for over-nite from FedEX for 30 bucks extras but after dropping $2,399.96 for those 12 HolyTrinity heads I did not have the money left to get overnight shipping.

Still, the one week wait was not too bad.

Really nice set of heads though.

14-Jul-22
One year I killed 8 deer with the same VPA, would of been more but the last one went through a big doe and into some rocks. I agree that 65 bucks is getting crazy for 3 of them but when a f'n pound of burger is 6 bucks than the heads are still worth it to me. I still have 3 unopened packs and 6 heads in use so I am good for a while. I shoot the 175 grain 1' and an 1/8th heads by the way! Shawn

14-Jul-22
Wellll Hellll guess I'll be switching to something else, when I need some new broadheads. For my compound, probably back to G5 Montecs or NAP Hell Razor.

14-Jul-22
“Do those come with a pro shooter shirt?”

No, they don’t. They don’t come with a fancy little box or leather pouch either. I also can’t pay even more to have them personally engraved. But I’m just a working class slob so I do what I can.

15-Jul-22
Do those Bishop BH’s come with a Monica Lewinsky coupon I dont know about?

Even then, pricey…

• Sitka Gear