kota-man 26-Jul-22
Kurt 26-Jul-22
BULELK1 27-Jul-22
Rut Nut 09-Aug-22
groundhunter50 09-Aug-22
BowJangles 11-Aug-22
Rut Nut 11-Aug-22
17-Jul-22
So I'm about a month out from my Tule Elk hunt with Richard Eriksen on the Miller Ranch. I'm basically on stand-by until the bulls move down onto the ranch and I get a call from Richard to come out. He says the 25th of August is typically the sweet spot and should be ready to roll around that time. Kota-man took the largest Tule ever killed with Richard in 2020 and I'd love to tag one just like his. lol!

Any words of wisdom from the folks that have chased Tule's would be much appreciated!

17-Jul-22
Good luck and you’ll probably need sunscreen.

17-Jul-22
Good luck! Hope you get a bomber!

17-Jul-22
No words of wisdom, but good luck. I look forward to a hunt recap.

17-Jul-22
No experience with the Tule’s, but have a helluva hunt! With the roll you’ve been on, I have no doubt it’ll be another one for the books, Eric!

17-Jul-22
Best of luck Eric.

17-Jul-22
Have a great hunt man. Kill a slob! Really appreciate you bringing us along on the adventures you’ve been rocking lately. Recurve for this hunt?

17-Jul-22
Best of luck Eric. You got this.

17-Jul-22
No wisdom to offer other than enjoy every minute! I appreciate you bringing us along, and best of luck to you.

17-Jul-22
@SBH, I'm taking it and will whip it out in the unlikely event that I can get him under 25-30 yards. Richard says typical shot distance is around 60 so I'll need the missile launcher on this one. lol

17-Jul-22
You’re in good hands with Richard…

17-Jul-22
Your going to have an awesome hunt , I live only 15 miles from Tule Elk country , some of my friends have killed some nice bulls !

17-Jul-22
Richard will put you on them. Good luck!

17-Jul-22
Got it. Well I hope you get to put a sharp pointed object thru one regardless of what bow you use to fling it out there. Makes sense on the longer distance shots.

17-Jul-22
I sure hope you let the air out of a big-n. Good luck

17-Jul-22
Good luck! I sure was surprised how hard they rutted during the 98* F afternoons the first week of August! They like water and wallows.

17-Jul-22
What does a hunt like that cost? 60 yards , wow, dont shoot enough weight to get penetration,,,,, sounds like a cool hunt...... What state is it in

17-Jul-22
Eric, I hunted Tule Elk at the Shamrock Ranch. I have a video of that hunt.....somewhere. If I can find an extra copy I'll send it your way....

17-Jul-22
Have a great hunt Eric! Looking forward to the photos and story!

18-Jul-22
How fun for you--------->

For sure share many Pix with us all,

Robb

18-Jul-22
groundhunter...............................I don;t think Eric has ANY problem with penetration! ;-)

Here we go again.....................................BUCKLE UP BOWSITE.....................................................this is gonna be another goodun! : )

Good luck and have fun Eric!

18-Jul-22
Good luck!! What's the over/under on if you can carry a gutted Tule 100 yards across your back?

18-Jul-22
Thanks for all the support fellas!

The 100 yards might be a chore. lol! I could def handle a couple hind quarters!

18-Jul-22
Send lots of pics!

Then send more!

SteveB

18-Jul-22
Can't wait to see how this hunt plays out. Good luck!!

18-Jul-22
Good Luck. I hunted Tule Elk a couple years ago during the Owens Valley archery hunt. Fun critters to hunt & they really like to fight during the rut. Broken antlers are common. My only advice would be is they are a lot smaller then Rockies or Roosevelt Elk & keep that in mind when judging a bull. You'll have experienced people helping you so probably not an issue?

18-Jul-22
Took one off the Shamrock...really enjoyed Northern California, much more than i anticipated. Shot mine over the waterhole where many an archery tule fell to a sharp broadhead. Gonna be hot.

18-Jul-22
Apauls don’t give him the easy way out…..ungutted 50 yards hahaha.

Sorry Eric I had to one up the competition!

18-Jul-22
Good luck. Just remember: if Richards tells you to do something (like "put an arrow on" or "draw"), do it.....

If it doesn't make sense as to why, do it but ask him about it 15 minutes later. When he is gutting your bull.

19-Jul-22
Looking forward to this. Wishing you the best of luck.

19-Jul-22
Already an incredible year in the books Eric...just going to get better! Best of luck!!!

19-Jul-22
Know how many hours you work to make these hunts happen, pulling for you to make this hunt a successful one. PROUD DAD!!!!!! This one for sure is not in Alaska!

21-Jul-22
good luck!!

21-Jul-22
Far out l! Looking forward to the recape

24-Jul-22

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
It’ll be hot!!

24-Jul-22
Lived near the Owens valley Back in late nineties. Loved eating the Tule elk in the valley. Good luck

25-Jul-22

Zackman's embedded Photo
Zackman's embedded Photo
I can promise you won’t kill a tule on the Miller ranch this year :)

Good luck! Here is the dink Kota shot a few years ago. Finally he killed a nice bull in 2021…

25-Jul-22
I was going to say exactly what Matt said! Listen to Richard and you’ll be fine. Zack posted my 2017 bull. Here’s the “big” one… Good luck man!

25-Jul-22

kota-man's embedded Photo
2021 Bull
kota-man's embedded Photo
2021 Bull
Here it is…Killed this one 8/24/21. The first one was 8/25/17, so yeah, I ageee the 25th should be the “sweet spot”.

26-Jul-22
why did you shoot such a little dink bull Kota?:):)

Mark

26-Jul-22
If Kota can do it anyone can! :-)

But seriously-good luck!

26-Jul-22
"If Kota can do it anyone can! :-)"

Yeah, and he did it twice.

If he would just stop shooting the first bull that walks out in front of him, he might get a big one.

26-Jul-22
Brutal…who needs friends when I have you guys… ;)

26-Jul-22
HUGE Tule! Wow what an elk....would be a great Rocky or Roosevelt (which it looks like)....much less a Tule! Congrats Cory!

27-Jul-22
Damn, both of those are dang nice kota!

Congrats,

Robb

09-Aug-22
NICE bulls kota!

You all set to go Eric? ..........................................getting close now! ;-)

09-Aug-22
Congrats,,,, very cool

11-Aug-22
@Rut Nut.... sitting on GO! Bags are all packed and I'm just waiting on the call. I did hear from Richard yesterday. 3 younger bulls are on the ranch and they're doing some bugling so things are warming up. We're waiting for a little bit better caliber of bull to show up before I buy tickets though. He's still thinking they need a couple more weeks.

Stay tuned!

11-Aug-22
Sounds good Eric! I'm GLUED to this thread..................................... ;-)

• Sitka Gear