Rgiesey 20-Jul-22
JohnMC 21-Jul-22
nchunter 21-Jul-22
Ironbow 21-Jul-22
19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

JohnMC's Link
This weekend we had our 2022 Colorado Bowhunter Jamboree. It was a great event. On the front range it was near 100 degrees. At the shoot near Leadville CO, we had highs in upper 70's and at night if you are cool natured you might have wanted a sweatshirt.

I wanted to post some pictures of the event and suggest if you are looking for a vacation idea for next year, coming up for a long weekend (it starts Thursday afternoon and wraps up Sunday). Most people camped either in tents or a camper. There is camping included and you can choose from either in the meadows or in the trees. Also, we are only about 15 minutes out of Leadville so if you prefer you can always get a room there.

It is laid back, six ranges to shoot from very easy and flat to the extreme range with steep terrain and long shots. Shoot any range whenever you want (no nock times). Also other events going on like, calling contest, long shot contest, chili cook off, live auction, and a dance. There are plenty vendors to check out. It is mostly bring and cook your own food, but also food vendors onsite.

Lots of kids at the event, and plenty of events for kids. There is Camp for Kids, Pop shoot, and the Kids Corner.

If you were one of the roughly 650 shooters there share a photo or two you took.

Hope to see some of you next year!

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
Camps at sunset
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Camps at sunset
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Me trying to be artistic
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Me trying to be artistic

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
Calling contest
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Calling contest
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
The kids pop shoot is a much watch. One kid shoots a arrow at the target. Once the target is hit a second kid runs to a cup of pop and drinks as fast as they can and runs back. Fast time wins.

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
Plenty of vendors, This is Ultimate Predator Decoys
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Plenty of vendors, This is Ultimate Predator Decoys
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Kids corner
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Kids corner

19-Jul-22
Going to see if I can make that next year!

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Dance and auction. This is actually the band warming up and some kids dancing. Second picture is live auctions. Lots of cool items!

19-Jul-22
Nice pics! In the 2nd photo....it looks like that archer has the string on the outside of his left arm???

Edit: On further looksee....it's an optical illusion. At the moment the photo was snapped, the string lined up almost exactly with the outside wrist guard line giving the illusion the string is on the outside of his arm.....very cool photo!!!

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
I'll wrap with this picture. This shot has been repeated for a several years. This tree is in bottom of valley on a about 80 yard shot across the valley. The tree has claimed a few arrows!

19-Jul-22
JL that is string on his arm guard. He has just released the string and arrow is in motion on that shot.

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's Link
That is wrap. Hope to see a few of you there next year. If you enjoy hunting in CO please consider joining the Colorado Bowhunter Association. Lots of threats to bowhunting especially in a state like CO. CBA does a great job representing those that bowhunt CO both from a legislative stand pointing and promoting bowhunting in general. If you join between now and August 15th, your name will be put in a drawing for over $3000 in give aways.

19-Jul-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Figured I better add one of Paulatthefort. He MC'ed the calling contest. Even gave a little aid to the younger callers.

19-Jul-22
Good stuff

20-Jul-22
I did this shoot years ago when a good friend was living in Denver and it was a great time. Do they still have the aerial targets and the moving targets on the remote control carts?

20-Jul-22

Rgiesey's embedded Photo
Rgiesey's embedded Photo
Just looked in the photo album. My memory is clearer than the photo. Troy Cunningham in the 85 or 86 bugle contest. Good time.

21-Jul-22
Tilz they had the Ariel shots going one afternoon.

21-Jul-22
I loved it when NC had a bowhunter jamboree. It was a great shoot with a ton of friends. Glad you had such a good time.

21-Jul-22
That is a great event. Been a few times and want to go back.

• Sitka Gear