t-roy 24-Jul-22
craigmcalvey 24-Jul-22
t-roy 24-Jul-22
Cheesehead Mike 24-Jul-22
MarkL 24-Jul-22
craigmcalvey 06-Aug-22
darktimber 06-Aug-22
24-Jul-22
Looking for input on a heavy duty trailer for hauling firewood out of the woods behind a sxs. Thinking tandem/walking axle and a dump bed. Prices and reviews all over the map. Ideally under $2k. Anyone have one they recommend?

24-Jul-22
I totally misread the question.

24-Jul-22
google 'polar atv trailer'.

i have one that i use behind my atv for about the last 7 years. i purchased the side rails with it. it is sturdy, rugged and not too heavy. i really like it and recommend it. they have single and tandem axle models.

my only complaint is the dump feature isn't the greatest. some of the contents dump, the remainder stays inside, and you have to pull it out.

one last thing, when i purchased mine i was able to order it through home depot and was free shipping to the store. i also did this because if i didn't like it, i could just return it to the store.

24-Jul-22
Take a look at the tub trailers they use in Canada for hauling out moose and bears. Double axel models should do you quite nicely for firewood.

24-Jul-22
I keep coming back to the polar 1500 tandem or a country mfg tandem. The country ones have hydraulic hand dump which seems like a better design.

24-Jul-22
As long as you get a tandem axle, ATV wide tires and a width similar to the machine you haul with (or just slightly wider) the specific trailer is not critical. I prefer metal to plastic, but suit yourself.

Pete

24-Jul-22
I’ve got a single axle Polar trailer, similar to the HD 1200 or the HD 1500, that I’ve had for over twenty years. It has hauled a pile of deer, firewood, plus hundreds of loads of field stone, many of which were way heavier than they should have been. It has been bulletproof. I know you’re looking at a double axle trailer. I’m just giving you my experience the Polar trailer that I own. I’d buy another one of their trailers in a heartbeat.

24-Jul-22
Thanks t-roy that’s the type of info I’m looking for. Where I plan on using it will be quite rough that’s why I’m leaning tandem axle.

24-Jul-22
If and when I need to get another trailer, I will definitely get another Polar. Personally, I’d most likely get another single axle. It is a bit more maneuverable, IMO, and it fits my needs better than a duel axle unit. For what you are going to utilize it for, I would think the duel axle would probably be the better choice.

24-Jul-22

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
I have one similar to this that I really like. I welded in some additional vertical braces to the sides to keep wood from falling out. They make a tandem axle version too.

24-Jul-22
https://countryatv.com/index.html. Check out these. Made in Ohio.

06-Aug-22
I ended up going with the polar 1500 with the rail kit. Thanks for all the input!

06-Aug-22

darktimber's embedded Photo
darktimber's embedded Photo
I’ve pulled this one all over in the mountains in WY. Can haul all my camp out and a quartered elk in one load. Has 1500 lb capacity and greaseable high speed hubs. Haven’t hauled firewood, but handles rough mountain trails great.

• Sitka Gear