Shiloh 25-Jul-22
Michael 25-Jul-22
BULELK1 26-Jul-22
BULELK1 26-Jul-22
BULELK1 26-Jul-22
Mad Trapper 29-Jul-22
Shiloh 29-Jul-22
25-Jul-22
Sorry to deviate from politics, but looking at an electric side x side, mostly for running around in the mountain community where I live. Considering the Hisun right now. Anyone have experience with electrics, especially in winter when it is cold (say 0-40 f)? Concerned about battery performance in the cold.

25-Jul-22
I know nothing about Hisun. What I do know is don't buy a Textron Recoil IS from personal experience.

25-Jul-22
I’m no help but I do have a buddy that has an Intimadator and he likes I hope a lot of folks chime in because I’m really interested in getting one to use on our place in Tennessee Good luck Lewis

25-Jul-22
We have the Ranger. The original batteries were junk and we replaced with lithium batteries that cost about the same as the original Ranger. They were definitely a game changer. I will tell you that when it gets cold, battery life plummets. We run around in 5 degree weather in NM and have to be cognizant of battery life and where we could tow it back with another vehicle, if necessary.

25-Jul-22
Thanks, Blake, that's what I was concerned about.

25-Jul-22
I did exactly what kscowboy did. Bought a used ranger ev and eventually replaced the lead acid batts with lithium. I wouldn’t change a thing now. My opinion with the ranger is that it is built like a ranger and not a golf cart. It will go anywhere and I can probably squeeze 50+ miles out of a charge, but that’s not in super low temps either.

25-Jul-22
Sorry I am no help on an electric UTV. However if you buy one and it has lithium batteries in it. Look into temps they can be charged in.

Most lithium marine batteries need to be around freezing or above to charge. The technology on charging them is getting better for charging in colder temps. That technology comes at a cost though. One simple solution is to put heating blankets around the batteries to keep them warm.

26-Jul-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
On the southwest corner of my Quad Garage / Solar Panel
BULELK1's embedded Photo
On the southwest corner of my Quad Garage / Solar Panel
I'm sure you can hook up a Solar panel to it and even a trickle Solar panel keeps my RZR2/gas charged all winter here in No. Utah.

Keep us posted Lou,

Robb

26-Jul-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Even somewhat insulated, it still gets under 10 degrees during winter inside
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Even somewhat insulated, it still gets under 10 degrees during winter inside
Ya might need a larger output Solar panel though??

26-Jul-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Simple plug in works just fine.

29-Jul-22
I have had a polaris ev for 3 years now with no issues. I keep it plugged in in a heated garage when not in use. Keep the batteries filled on a regular basis. Very pleased with its performance. My property has some steep hills and it goes up them with no problem. I would not use it for any plot work though.

29-Jul-22
Tom I have used mine for everything even though I have a kawasaki mule pro available. I like riding around and not having to listen to the gas engine. I routinely haul up to 500# of protein on mine while filling feeders. Once you've worn those acid batteries out reach out to one of the lithium companies and do a conversion. We have a bad boy and an EV that we have converted and it is so nice not to have to worry about water, corrosion or running out of battery while doing chores.

• Sitka Gear