Mathews Inc.
Magnus Buzzcut or Black Hornet Serrazor?
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
boly 01-Aug-22
Scar Finga 01-Aug-22
BOHNTR 01-Aug-22
Kicker Point 02-Aug-22
craigmcalvey 02-Aug-22
boothill 02-Aug-22
boly 02-Aug-22
boly 24-Aug-22
BOHNTR 24-Aug-22
BOHNTR 24-Aug-22
12yards 25-Aug-22
Brknarrow1970 25-Aug-22
01-Aug-22
I am considering changing From my Snuffer SS 125 to either the Buzzcut or the Hornet serazzor. Which in your opinions would be the best? Another question is I am considering just staying with the Snuffer and getting one of the Stay Sharp sharpeners to change the angle. Please give me your ideas.

01-Aug-22
I haven't shot the Hornet, but I love the buzzcuts and have been using them for years! I have no plan on changing!

01-Aug-22
Black Hornets have been deadly the last few years fir me and my wife…..not the serrated version though.

02-Aug-22
I use both version of Black Hornets. Work great. Can't go wrong with either. I use 125's

02-Aug-22
I have used all 3 and have killed multiple animals with all 3. I have gone strictly to snuffer ss and buzzcut 2 blades simply for ease of sharpening as I had to disassemble the black hornets to sharpen them and I found that annoying.

02-Aug-22
Shot Buzzcuts for years and switched to the Black Hornets about 5 years ago. Seems like the Black Hornets fly a little quieter and just the heavier blade helps out. Penetration was better with the Buzzcut with less blade angle I think though. I shoot the 4 blade versions so had to take apart anyway no matter which head it was. On a cold evening gave me a reason to be in the shop instead of in the house with the wife anyway.

02-Aug-22
Thanks for the responses. Looks like you are split 50/50. One hard decision.

24-Aug-22
I am still not sure which way to go. I am thinking right now to go to the Black hornet 125 gr. 4 blade non-serrated to match the characteristics of the iron wills. Help me decide.

24-Aug-22
My wife just killed a Coues buck…..she shoots 38 pounds. Broke one rib on entry and broke through the shoulder blade on the other side. The Black Hornet penetrates well, IMO……and the best warranty in the business.

24-Aug-22
My wife just killed a Coues buck…..she shoots 38 pounds. Broke one rib on entry and broke through the shoulder blade on the other side. The Black Hornet penetrates well, IMO……and the best warranty in the business.

25-Aug-22
I have used Stingers the last few years and if I had it to do over again, I'd pick the Black Hornets thinking they might be more durable. I find the Stinger (or Buzzcut) ferrules to bend fairly easily after shooting and I can't get them to spin again. Can't comment on the durability of the Black Hornets though.

25-Aug-22
I have used bother the stingers and hornets in the 4 bladed variety, better penetration with the buzzcuts and much better blood trails with the hornets. Can say with either the deer have dropped quickly usually less than 75 yards

• Sitka Gear