Lost Arra 02-Aug-22
Twinetickler 03-Aug-22
bowhunt 03-Aug-22
fisherick 03-Aug-22
APauls 03-Aug-22
LINK 03-Aug-22
air leak 03-Aug-22
01-Aug-22
After shooting ST's for at least the past 12 years I am totally disappointed. Going on an elk hunt in Sept. I have shot the Easton AXIS arrows for all of those 12 years and never had a problem. Simple, I just can't screw the heads into the sharrow. Bought 8 BH's and all were different. Some easy some took a lot of force, 2 were not screwing in at all. What the heck happened to ST. I have been reading a lot of good reviews for the Exodus and will be using those in September if my accuracy tests work out next week. Any thoughts on the QAD Exodus Full would be appreciated. Going to a NO BARB state.

01-Aug-22
I shoot STs but can’t get the Exodus to shoot well I’m guessing maybe hand torque but the Tricks always shot well.

01-Aug-22
Are you sure you don’t have an insert problem ?

02-Aug-22
Try all 8 on the same arrow.

02-Aug-22
Big fan of exodus heads here. Took them to Africa in June. Great result. Fan of magnus black hornets as well. Solidly built.

02-Aug-22
I can't comment on the full blade. But this Spring I switched from ST to Exodus swept blade. They have same point of impact as the ST. No adjustment was needed. Can't imagine you'll have any issues with the full blade.

02-Aug-22
I have both, never hunted with the ST cause they just didn't fly as good as the exodus swept

02-Aug-22
Run a tap into the inserts, spin a die over the threads of the BH.

A tap & die set is cheap and should be in your tool box at home anyway

02-Aug-22

LINK's Link

02-Aug-22
LINK, that one looks just like the Muzzy.

02-Aug-22
I joke that I have shot every BH known to man. But I have settled on the Exodus. I shoot the swept blades where legal but have noticed little if any flight difference with the full. Most importantly they are absolutely devastating. I won't shoot anything else. Just my 2 cents.

02-Aug-22
Thanks for the help everyone. I expect to get the Exodus Full delivered this week. I will certainly do some shooting. I am going to a Barbless BH state in September so I need to stick with the Full. What the heck did ST do to their design. I must have 20 deer down with them and now I have to wear steel gloves to turn on a BH.

02-Aug-22
Odd issue unless you have epoxy in the insert threads from installation.

02-Aug-22

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
Inshart it is a muzzy.

02-Aug-22
I have a dozen or more older ST's that fit perfectly without any issues. Lots of practicing etc so I had to replace. It is the new design that I just can't get to fit.

02-Aug-22
Sounds like an insert problem. Not the broadhead.

02-Aug-22
I agree it sounds like an insert/glue problem. Not a broadhead problem.

02-Aug-22
A guy buys new broadheads. Unscrews his field points and practice broadheads and then the new ones won't thread in. How does that point to insert problem?

Its not a secret that ST has been having issues. Couple years now. Some are perfect and fly great. But this is not the first person to buy new ST and have them not thread in.

02-Aug-22
I had the same problem but with only one of the heads in the package . It was not the insert. It was the head but if I had Brad's die it might have been a just a thread problem.

03-Aug-22
There was a whole thread on this last year as well. Tge new design is garbage.

03-Aug-22
I have run into a similar issue a few times the last few years.

I shot the broadhead into my block target one time and then they always screwed in the rest of the way. The washers fit tight around the base of broadhead and blades, so maybe just a tiny difference in washer size, or a Thick spot in the coating on the Ferule.

After that one shot they never failed to screw in all the way, and spin straight once tightens all the way.

03-Aug-22
Buy yourself an 8/32 tap and die to clean up the threads.

03-Aug-22
I'm sorry but if you need to tap and die your broadheads I'm far too concerned about quality to continue from there. With the plethora of good choices out there why buy a head and then get to work machining on it when a ready to use option exists for the same price? Where else have they cut corners if they can't even get a simple thread right?

03-Aug-22
I loved my old slick tricks but I’m with APauls.

03-Aug-22
FWIW.. I have killed a bunch of deer with ST Mags, made in USA. A few years ago, I tried Exodus Full blade. CT is a no Barb state. Extremely accurate, blows through a deer, excellent blood trail. Every deer dropped within 60 yards.

• Sitka Gear