Jethro 08-Aug-22
Bigwoods 10-Aug-22
JL 10-Aug-22
BULELK1 13-Aug-22
ryanrc 13-Aug-22
03-Aug-22
Is OnX doing some type of update? My maps aren't working on phone or PC

03-Aug-22
Probably not, they only do updates in Sept when everyone is up on the mountain:):):)

03-Aug-22
Not sure, I just opened my app up and I got blank screen with my location dot right in the middle of nowhere. Must be in the same boat.

03-Aug-22
Mine works fine. Latest update added the hunt layer icon.

03-Aug-22
I've got some maps, but both phone and pc operating extremely slow.

03-Aug-22
Mine is working fine. Make sure you have done latest update. I find OnX gets glitchy if running on an older version.

03-Aug-22
It's irritating to me that saved offline maps won't work if there is an update available. I can't tell you how many times I have pulled up a map to look at something when in an area with no cell coverage only to find out that the maps need to be updated and won't load.

03-Aug-22
Mines working now.

03-Aug-22
FWIW...I just upgraded to the Elite. I think they are doing the annual subscription updates this week. I have mine open and refreshed the page with no problems.

03-Aug-22
If you are using saved maps it is a good idea to update them each year just before heading into that area. Especially for private landowner info. I have seen property that has changed hands since I downloaded and it does update on saved maps. Don't want to end up on a property you thought you had permission to hunt or not know a landowner you have permission on bought some additional land. Can be kind of a big deal for antelope and pheasant where some guys own lots parcels spread around.

03-Aug-22
The inconsistency is pissing me off. Does anyone use GoHunt, as well as OnX? I didn't know if all those diff maps would slow your phone down?

03-Aug-22
Good point MC. There seems to be a lot of updates lately. I just did one about 10 days ago and now another one is due. I did one back in Spring too. I like they keep it current, but don't need an update every other time I open the app.

03-Aug-22
Mine was weird this week... Worked fine on PC, but on my android phone, no waypoints could be seen on the map... Though you could see the little bubbles with wind direction/speed for the spots I'd turned that on and you could see trails or lines I'd made.

Had to shut it, log out, log back in, wait a few minutes, and it seems fine now. So not a big thing, but did cause a little panic thinking of all those waypoints going up in smoke.

03-Aug-22
My offline maps work fine when there is an update but I haven’t installed it.

03-Aug-22
Just checked mine on my android -- working just fine.

03-Aug-22
Mines working now, had a blank screen earlier though. Currently my phone GPS is even working which is even more weird.

03-Aug-22
Sunspot AR3068 reaching earth.

04-Aug-22
Mine has been fine all week. Just opened it and started off as a black screen but immediately went back to normal.

04-Aug-22
Just checked my, all good.

04-Aug-22
I had trouble yesterday also but working fine today. Have to think they were tweaking the software

04-Aug-22
OnX can kma......Gaia rocks.

05-Aug-22
Had to update all my offline maps yesterday.

05-Aug-22
Why?

06-Aug-22
Bob- I have no idea. Did an update on the app and then none of my off line maps worked. They all said “need update.” There is an option to do just that so I did.

06-Aug-22
same with me.

07-Aug-22
OnX is hit or miss in my opinion

Happy with GAIA

07-Aug-22
Never an issue with OnX except I signed up for lifetime at like $79 a year. It sounded like that is all I would pay every year as long as I was a memeber, than the hit my card for 99 bucks. I called and they said oh well we had to bump up the price. Kind of a cfappy thing to do, but I do like the app. I have gotten a few thousand acres of private by looking up landowners and calling a few hundred people in Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa and Missourri Shawn

07-Aug-22
FWIW....I just checked the app on my Android phone and it said the last update was 5/24/22.

Also.....for the military folks, the Elite membership is 50% off.

07-Aug-22
Offline maps always show “update available” after a software update but I only update maps once/year. I haven’t had an issue where a map update was required except a cpl years ago after their major rewrite of the software. Wondering if their big update that’s coming will require maps to be updated, I have over 300, 5 mile maps.

07-Aug-22
No issues with the phone app but I have lost the AZ Game and Fish water catchments on the web map. Also the two won't sync.

08-Aug-22
I downloaded 3 Offline Maps yesterday as I'm leaving this early AM, for the week, for 1 last scouting trip in my OTC/Utah Bull Elk tag, and I had no problems at all.

My iPad and on my iPhone.

Good luck, Robb

08-Aug-22
My offline maps work when it shows update available. Question: Does it always show "update available"? I've got about 20 maps saved, PA and NM. Updated them all at 1pm yesterday. Opened app around 8pm and says updates available.

With all the updating, I wouldn't think my sat imagery would be 4 years old. But at work now and there are buildings on the imagery that were torn down in 2018.

10-Aug-22
I like OnX for the property boundaries but I have found inaccuracies even with those. Their TOPO maps lack so much detail that they are nearly useless.

10-Aug-22
^......last week I had to find a property corner. It got me within 15' - 20' of it. I was pretty impressed.

13-Aug-22
I just got home from a week scouting for bow elk opener and I had no problems with my Offline maps.

The only thing that was different/screwy was when I opened up Onx up on the mountain, it didn't take me to my location???

I had to scroll thru my 3 maps until I found myself/Blue dot.....

Good luck, Robb

13-Aug-22
Mine has taken a while to load the layers.....also, if I am doing a line distance in tools, the dot where the location is is off when you click on it.

• Sitka Gear