RIT 07-Aug-22
04-Aug-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Here it is cleaned up some.
JL's embedded Photo
Here it is cleaned up some.
Has anyone been making them or putting them up? I've been doing some on the place I hunt. Just got this one set up today. Let's see what ya got.....

04-Aug-22
My neighbor is planting fall plots for me, so yes I would like to put up an elevated cozy box... we'll see. That one you built looks sweet, good luck.

04-Aug-22
What state, what county, how much private land etc...... My partnter and I own a considerabal holding in SW Wis,, prime bluff country hunting, no baiting allowed,,,, Big bucks would have them stands figured out quickly.,.... its all about pressure etc

04-Aug-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Northern MI, 380-ish. On this place, they get use to them pretty quick. A lot of hills and ridges on the property and the field of view at all of the blinds is anywhere from 120yds to several hundred. I've thumped a few out of another tower blind. When the rut is starting, they don't pay much attention to them. Its mostly me and the property owner who hunt there and he only hunts when he can get away from the office (He's a Dentist).

The green one I did in 2020. The other cedar one was earlier this year, I overlapped the cedar planks on that one. I put that one on skids so we can move it as needed. The first one above was beveled planking...I was trying something different. This property has a high elevation. When the temps are low and the wind is blowing, it's nice to get out of the wind chill.

04-Aug-22

loprofile's embedded Photo
Portable

04-Aug-22

Roomy

04-Aug-22

Safe

04-Aug-22

greg simon's embedded Photo
I’m working on a tower blind and a ground blind now.

04-Aug-22

They are not at that much of an angle in real life!

05-Aug-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
Here ya go, Greg

05-Aug-22
That portable log cabin is impressive and well built!

05-Aug-22
Any special permits you had to pull, to transport that thing down the road, loprofile?? ;-) That thing looks bombproof!

05-Aug-22
It kinda looks like it's made out of old barn wood?? It is pretty stout looking.

05-Aug-22

Buskill's embedded Photo
Buskill's embedded Photo

05-Aug-22

RIT's embedded Photo
RIT's embedded Photo
This is the best stand site on my property. 5 of the 7 bucks I have killed have come from this location. 4 of them from the half pine tree you see to the left. I had a hang on stand in that tree for years but the tree started declining a few years ago. I put a ladder stand in the cedar next to the pine and killed a deer but standing all day has lost its appeal. Redneck wanted $1000 for a 5ft metal stand so I built a 12 foot base for about $400. Just need to add some safety rails.

05-Aug-22
Those elevator brackets make putting the legs on easy.

05-Aug-22
loprofile, Do your deer shoot back? That thing is built like a fortress.

05-Aug-22
I love that blind loprofile! It's a bunker on wheels.

05-Aug-22

deerhunter72's embedded Photo
Here’s a gravity wagon I converted. Keeps the rain off of you.
Here’s a gravity wagon I converted. Keeps the rain off of you.

05-Aug-22

Some buddies have a few of these. Fiberglass blind with custom made base.
Some buddies have a few of these. Fiberglass blind with custom made base.

05-Aug-22
Lopro- I’m betting I know where those axles came from... your cabin! Nice repurpose job.

Deerhunter- that gravity wagon idea is great. Just pick up a load on the way out of town and spread it in the field ! LOL jk nice work fellas.

05-Aug-22

maxracx's embedded Photo
maxracx's embedded Photo
We love our Muddy Bull. Put it on a 10 ft tower this year.

06-Aug-22
Max, any leak problems? Their reviews complain about that.

06-Aug-22

Jebediah's embedded Photo
Jebediah's embedded Photo
Primarily for your amusement, here is our wooden blind. Its ten shades darker than it’s surroundings, and not square in any way. We are not carpenters for sure, but it was a fun project. Completely from salvaged demo wood, so very inexpensive.

06-Aug-22
^..that will work.

FWIW.....my preference is to have taller windows to shoot a bow out of and/or to keep your scope from hitting the top of the window frame from the recoil.

06-Aug-22

ND Stringpuller. You are right on trailer axles. The big wiid was salvaged when the power company replaced the wood crossbeams on put power line with steel. The upper section and floor was old rough sawn barn wood from another project. Portability is a bit of a stretch but it can be pulled with a tractor

06-Aug-22
ND Stringpuller. You are right on trailer axles. The big wiid was salvaged when the power company replaced the wood crossbeams on put power line with steel. The upper section and floor was old rough sawn barn wood from another project. Portability is a bit of a stretch but it can be pulled with a tractor

06-Aug-22
It would be hard for me to shoot my bow out of most of those windows.

06-Aug-22

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
We have a Bank’s Stump 4 blind on 4’X4’ supports. Great for guests like a father/child or in inclement weather. Very happy with it, excellent quality!

06-Aug-22
I have a small band sawmill. Saw my own lumber for elevated blinds

06-Aug-22
JL sorry, that is a rifle stand I should have said. So naturally, I put a picture of it here on Riflesite.

06-Aug-22

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo
Here’s a Banks with vertical windows for bows .

06-Aug-22
I only use it during really bad weather. I hate ground blinds/tower blinds - limits vision and hearing, but great for kids or bad weather as said above.

06-Aug-22
Jeb....no worries. I was think bigger for protecting the scopes. The spots where I placing the ones I'm building are rifle spots. I think a majority of folks on here also gun hunt for something at times.

06-Aug-22
Are deer killed out of those eligible for pope and young

06-Aug-22

GFL's embedded Photo
GFL's embedded Photo
I prefer to cut my 10 feet platforms down to 7 feet. It helps shooting out of center window on close shots

06-Aug-22
Who cares bou? I eat Omaha Steak sandwiches in them while hunting deer ;0]

06-Aug-22
^.....I likes your style!!

06-Aug-22
My gravity wagon blind was built mostly for the 7 day Illinois shotgun season just to have a place to sit if it’s raining. You could bow hunt out of it it you’re careful. It works for the intended purpose but I really don’t prefer to hunt out of any kind of blind because of the increased noise and view/shot limitations. Building that thing was a great project for me and my dad and that made it worth everything.

06-Aug-22
“Building that thing was a great project for me and my dad and that made it worth everything.”

Thats pretty much what ours was. A fun project with friends, a conversation piece, a great place to introduce kids to hunting, and a place to observe deer in bad weather. Glad that someone pointed out that it would be hard to shoot a bow out of though.

07-Aug-22
If ya have vertical windows, I think it would be a fairly easy bow shot if/when the deer lines up in the shooting lanes.

07-Aug-22
Scentman, the only time our windows leak is when my wife leaves the windows open... :(

07-Aug-22
Our local bow shop started selling those Banks blinds a couple years ago and they can’t keep them in stock. People seem to really like them.

07-Aug-22
Built with leftover or free materials except spray paint, some screws & plexy glass. Cost was under $300.

07-Aug-22

07-Aug-22

petedrummond's embedded Photo
petedrummond's embedded Photo

07-Aug-22

Hancock West's embedded Photo

07-Aug-22

07-Aug-22
Great ideas, very creative....that log blind looks like on ole western fort!

07-Aug-22
For you guys that like to brush in your blinds, keep an eye out for artificial Christmas trees to use as brush in material. I have 3 of them I picked up off the curb folks were throwing away. This guy's garland idea is a good one too.

07-Aug-22
That video is unwatchable he says UMMM way too much. I couldn’t really tell where he planted the willows but that’s a heavy browse species around here and I wouldn’t want deer right on top of my blind.

• Sitka Gear