Chubbs34 08-Aug-22
Rut Nut 09-Aug-22
fuzzy 10-Aug-22
BULELK1 15-Aug-22
TreeWalker 15-Aug-22
scentman 15-Aug-22
WV Mountaineer 15-Aug-22
06-Aug-22
I'm out of venison till at least October, any reviews on this product would be appreciated.

06-Aug-22
Friends of ours from Kansas send us a box of Omaha Steak products for Christmas every year. We always look forward to it. Definitely higher quality than typical grocery store products.

Matt

06-Aug-22
We haven’t bought beef in grocery stores for a good number of years, as we get a 1/2 beef from friends, butchered pretty regularly, but my wife has bought steaks from Costco in the past, and I was impressed with the quality of them.

06-Aug-22
I've enjoyed Omaha steaks many times over the years; definitely a cut above in quality. One of my favorites is the filet mignon wrapped in bacon....yummm!

06-Aug-22
Omaha Steaks are so-so, And I'm from Nebraska Check out-- Rumps Butcher Shop, Altoona, WI--great steaks, great shop Wahoo Locker, Wahoo, NE--great steaks--home of the famous Wahoo wieners North Star Bison, Cameron, WI---fantastic bison steaks (Plus other game) , not cheap but worth it.

06-Aug-22
Not worth the money, nor even close

06-Aug-22
Ehh. I’ve had it a few times and wasn’t impressed. Some things are ok, others are not

06-Aug-22
Has this thread helped you make a decision, Scentman? LOL!

Matt

06-Aug-22
Paton Manning seemed to like them. He was always yelling about them during his games.

06-Aug-22
Not a fan. Quality is OK but the price is high.

We have always found local small butchers to have better quality for about the same price and they aren’t frozen and shipped.

06-Aug-22
I have received Omaha strakes several times as a gift. They were very average quality, and at a premium price. No way I’d spend my own money on them.

06-Aug-22
I'd run and grab some Costco ribeye steaks. Their prime cut brand is definitely a cut above most.

06-Aug-22
Not enough polled to make a decision GG. scentman

06-Aug-22
I was going to buy a box of assorted beef, pork and chicken and send it to my sisters family for Christmas..........until I seen the price. Ouch.

06-Aug-22
Pricey they ain't all that . Agree with the local Costco Ribeye's comments . Heck with the cost of Omyha I can get some real " rump roast " you know what I'am sayin ? lol

06-Aug-22
I would never buy meat shrink wrapped and frozen. I have tried Omaha and thought they sucked. I will stick with local butchers near me who sell fresh steaks, chicken and chops. Shawn

06-Aug-22
Absolutely check with local butcher shop. Buy local - they appreciate the business even if it might be a couple bucks more.

07-Aug-22
Overpriced

07-Aug-22
I did the math on a Omaha 'package' and the average cost per pound was ok for the steaks but ridiculous for the burgers and chicken. Rather buy meat locally. I don't need 'gourmet' chicken for enchiladas!

07-Aug-22
I'd receive one most every Birthday from a relative and they are okay, rather small meat in size though.

The shipping cooler is good to save/have and re-use.

Good luck, Robb

07-Aug-22
Priced for convenience not value/quality.

07-Aug-22
Do you have to have a delivery service? Local store or meat shop would be better any day but if it has to be delivered have you looked at Butcher Box?

07-Aug-22
"No Name" steaks are absolutely the best - pricey and small, but they absolutely melt in your mouth.

07-Aug-22
Find a butcher shop look for USDA Prime

07-Aug-22
Look for a local small slaughterhouse and processing business that also has a meat counter and sells to the public. They process cattle and know who grows quality beef in the area. Buy it at their meat counter or ask for a producers contact info. most processors know how to score meat.

07-Aug-22
We have a small local grocery store and it sources it meat from locals within a few county area. Prices are as good or in a lot of cases way better than major chains and local small butchers. Burger 85/15 2.79 a pound, T-bones 7.99 a pound and Sirloins 4.99 a pound. Bone in chicken breast .99 a pound. I asked the guy managing the place, why so cheap and he said it is a huge draw and gets people in the store where they than shop for everything else. Shawn

07-Aug-22
SBH, I don't need a delivery service... just saw them advertised on pursuit channel, looked enticing.

07-Aug-22
Omaha has good steaks, but not a good value - they're over priced for what you get. Costco is the better value, by far.

07-Aug-22
Got them once as a gift. Overpriced. Products are okay. Our local butcher has better steaks At a better price.

07-Aug-22
I’ve gotten them several times as gifts. I would never buy any myself. Overpriced and poor quality.

08-Aug-22
Same here- got several times as a gift. Would never by myself.

I often see food advertised on QVC...................but when looking at the price I wonder who the hell is buying this stuff???!!! I saw 3 lbs of “gourmet” bacon advertised for $79......................that’s over $26 per pound!!!

08-Aug-22
I'll save ya some money - get some Walmart brand (Great Value) thick bacon, fry it up, but sprinkle a bit of pork bbq rub on it when you start. A bit more when you flip it. You're welcome. ;-)

08-Aug-22
Dana- I just get whatever happens to be on sale that week...................usually maple bacon or thick cut. Even with the recent price increases I have NEVER spent more than $6 per pound! (In my life)

08-Aug-22
If I am going to pay that high of a price for steaks . . . they won't come frozen.

08-Aug-22
I'm like others. Eh. They're good. We've gotten some as gifts. I think you need to find a local guy. We have a local tiny grocery store that cuts their own and they are always REALLY good, and they'll order us tenderloins or even bigger prime rib cuts for holiday gatherings. They'll order about anything. My brother ordered many lbs of pork belly once for a catering thing and it was GOOD.

You gotta find a local mom and pop. And they're not all created equally. We have a new butcher started in a local town a few years ago and advertises, and has really worked it. But they aren't as good as the little store I mentioned above. . . .

08-Aug-22
Work in the beef industry, Omaha steaks is not worth it. The company I work for used to sell them meat, they bought only low quality cheap meat. They spend millions on marketing a marginal quality product. Pass on the Omaha Steaks go with local or Costco like mentioned above.

08-Aug-22
Work in the beef industry, Omaha steaks is not worth it. The company I work for used to sell them meat, they bought only low quality cheap meat. They spend millions on marketing a marginal quality product. Pass on the Omaha Steaks go with local or Costco like mentioned above.

09-Aug-22
The marketing is apparently working.............................................

10-Aug-22
No idea, I never run out of game meat.

15-Aug-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
High grade Road Kill helps keep the costs down!

HaHa, Robb

15-Aug-22
When beef muscle tissue freezes the damage can't be undone. You can still have the aging and the fat but frozen steak will be drier than fresh steak. I have bought hundreds of steaks at Costco and never had a steak I felt was not very good. Learn to season the steak for your taste and learn how to cook the steak to your taste. I aggressively use seasoning, let sit for a few minutes then often start on the grill and finish in the oven. Let rest no less than 20 minutes when is removed from the heat. I don't do sous vide though some people swear by it as the first step in the cooking. Prime is a higher grade of beef steak than Choice though is assigned by younger age of the animal and higher degree of fat marbling though is not a guarantee of better flavor nor tenderness.

15-Aug-22
Mitch, thanks for the good info... I was told freezing meat was good for it or maybe that was game meat, your thoughts on that?

15-Aug-22
When frozen meat thaws, it releases water. That’s why it’s drier.

I agree with a lot of what he states but, I’m done letting steaks rest longer then two or three minutes. They get too cold. I want my steak hot and juicy. I don’t plan on reheating tomorrow, so the juice absorbed back into the steak for 10-15 minutes can run out on my plate when cut at three minutes. I’ll sop it up with my steak or my potatoes.

It’s just a matter of preference. And, that’s mine.

• Sitka Gear