Contributors to this thread:
Kanati 06-Aug-22
2Wild Bill 06-Aug-22
Kanati 06-Aug-22
pav 06-Aug-22
md5252 07-Aug-22
Shawn 07-Aug-22
06-Aug-22
Anybody setting up stands yet? I use a climber and test climb. Braving the heat tomorrow to walk around.

06-Aug-22
Will you be marking a nearby tree so you can find it in the dark? Are you asking yourself why a deer would pass by within range of this tree?

Some locations I randomly mark trees to confuse others as to where I'm going. Markers to my left go nowhere and stop nowhere.

06-Aug-22
Wild bill the deer walk through this area no matter what. Food or no food its just one of those areas. Been hunting it for 5 years. Its public land and I ve seen about 5 guys in 5 years.

06-Aug-22
Early next week in MO it is supposed to be a little cooler. I hope to begin hanging eight stands with sticks.

06-Aug-22
Set six stands a week ago...more going up tomorrow. Hope to have them all (two dozen+) set before Labor Day.

07-Aug-22
Man if I had to set up decoy stand sites or trail markers to fool other hunters I’d hunt somewhere else…. Just my opinion

Where I hunt it’s too thick and green to set up any new stands. Usually mid September

07-Aug-22
I have over 50 in place and the kids I hunt with have been trimming paths and shooting lanes as well. The heat and humidity here is terrible. I probably will not even hunt in my home state this year. I am hunting 4 states over the next 4 months and will do that mostly from a saddle or the ground. Shawn

• Sitka Gear