shakey 06-Sep-22
Rgiesey 06-Sep-22
09-Aug-22

BowhuntersOfWyoming's embedded Photo
ENTER NOW
BowhuntersOfWyoming's embedded Photo
ENTER NOW

BowhuntersOfWyoming's Link
Bowhunters of Wyoming has a membership drive until August 25th with over $1,000 in "Last Minute" gear! Memberships are only $25 for a year and that includes 4 colo magazines as well. Go to BowhuntersofWyoming.org to purchase your membership today!

09-Aug-22
I will sign four nonresident bowsiters up if you show us what your doing to help the nonresident hunters to draw tags without an outfitter.

09-Aug-22

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo

09-Aug-22
The BOW is a good group; they are not the problem re: NR elk tags on WY.

10-Aug-22
The BOW is a good group; they are not the problem re: NR elk tags on WY.

10-Aug-22
Great organization!

10-Aug-22
shakey , what have you done to combat that proposal ? BOW is a great org and not in anyway against NR hunting.

10-Aug-22
WYtex I have emailed wyfgd,don’t know what it will do but it was worth a shot.

Sounded like a pretty good deal to me, answer a question get four new members, if those four new members like what they see they will sign up again next year. And holy crap they get another $100 next year all because someone asked a question and received a answer back.

10-Aug-22
shakey just go look at all the comments submitted by residents of Wyoming and you'll see why that proposal failed. We as residents were against it almost in entirety. If you can't find a reason on this page to join then so be it: https://bowhuntersofwyoming.org/membership-2

11-Aug-22
Hopefully they can do some good for Wyoming.

11-Aug-22

Jeff Holchin's embedded Photo
From current BOW magazine
Jeff Holchin's embedded Photo
From current BOW magazine
Of all the state bowhunting groups that I have been associated with, the BOW does the best job staying connected to the wildlife commissioners and fighting for bowhunting opportunities for ALL bowhunters. This is from the BOW magazine that just arrived today:

12-Aug-22
shakey, I don't know about your current question since I'm no longer President or on executive council but when I was President I can tell you that I spent quite a bit of time in Cheyenne lobbying to get rid of the stupid wilderness rules for non-residents. BOW has quite a few non-resident members and they know they need to fight for them as well.

13-Aug-22
I'm already a Life Member but this is a great opportunity and a very honest Organization BOW.

Good luck, Robb

17-Aug-22
Thanks everyone for the replies. Sorry, I don't get on Bowsite as often as I probably should. Shakey this is Tom Hurley replying, the current president of BOW. I appreciate the questions and I will try to answer it the best I can. As others have stated above we work closely with the game and fish and the legislature each year to improve bowhunting opportunities around the state. We advocate for almost any issues that will improve access or opportunity for bowhunters in Wyoming and that includes non-residents. I believe currently about 1/4 - 1/5 of our members are non-residents. We support our non-resident bowhunters and their ability to draw tags without having to use an outfitter. As a general principle, we are typically on the side of "the little guy" on almost every issue I can recall. The topic of the outfitter draw in the Taskforce has fallen by the wayside to my knowledge due to huge pushback from all sides, as it should have. I know most if not all of our executive council submitted comments to the task force on all issues including this one. I'm not sure we will see it come back up but if we do we will be ready to stay involved. We will continue to advocate for all bowhunters in Wyoming regardless of residency. I will also note that the only way we can continue to have an impact is if we grow our membership, including our non-residents, and our members participate by keeping us informed on what's important to them. The more voices we have the more powerful we are and the more we hear from membership the better idea we have of what issues we need to prioritize and focus on. I would encourage you to join and see if we do enough to keep you as members. Its $25, if it isn't worth it to you next year than you can always cancel but I don't think you will. I hope you give us a try and I don't think you will be disappointed.

17-Aug-22
Thanks Tom! The first four bowsiters that want to be members, I am covering the first years fees. I’ll work with Tom to get the details worked out so you don’t have to pass out your personal info.

17-Aug-22
Sign me up Shakey. Sounds like a worthy cause to me, I’d love to become a member!

17-Aug-22
Nice response Tom!

17-Aug-22
Nice response Tom! And great support Shakey.

17-Aug-22
Wife and I moved to WY 4 years ago and will be joining

17-Aug-22
Awesome thread. Good stuff Tom and Shakey!

17-Aug-22
Just joined. I've been buying points for mule deer pronghorn and elk for the last 4 years. I am sure the membership will steer to the best outfitters for bow hunters

18-Aug-22
Thanks Tom and Good on you Shakey

Good luck, Robb

18-Aug-22
If there is still an opportunity, sign me up Shakey!

18-Aug-22
Schmitty78, Bob H in Nh no mercy

Tom and I spoke yesterday, he gave me the info to get signed up. Once we get the fourth person I’ll pass on the info

18-Aug-22
Just joined, someone will jump on Shakey's offer to be the 4th

22-Aug-22
There’s still one membership available if someone wants it!! I’m calling Thursday the 25 to get the other people signed up.

23-Aug-22
Thanks everyone! Only a few days left!!

26-Aug-22
Happy to join, and even happier to have my name drawn and win a prize!

06-Sep-22
Schmitt, Bob H and no mercy, I sent you a pm with the treasurer for B.OW. Info. Good luck this year.

06-Sep-22
shakey,

If you still have spots open I will take one.

06-Sep-22
Bow freak you are number four, give me a few days and I’ll pm you. I don’t want to complicate anything on their end.

06-Sep-22
Sounds good. Thanks.

06-Sep-22
I just joined, Iv'e been hunting in Wyoming since the early 90's and have thoroughly enjoyed this state, all the hunting opportunites and memories it has provided, and all the good people Iv'e passed along the trail (except that guy that didnt like my mixed camo attire, he came close to a very bad deal)! Happy to support BOW and Im hoping to get to my first Convention next year! I am willing to match Shakey with 4 Nonresident Bowhunters looking for membership. Message me and I will sign you up! Michael

06-Sep-22
Thanks Mike!

06-Sep-22
Nice Mike!

• Sitka Gear