JL 13-Aug-22
Bou'bound 13-Aug-22
Bou'bound 13-Aug-22
Whitetail Xtreme 13-Aug-22
Matt 14-Aug-22
Bou'bound 14-Aug-22
SBH 14-Aug-22
12-Aug-22
Do some pack manufacture's not put pockets on the waist belt?

12-Aug-22
So you have to buy their hip pouch to put on the belt.

12-Aug-22
Better yet, why are the add-on pockets on the damn side of the belt…..they should be in the front for super simple easy access.

12-Aug-22
Why do Cabelas and Kuiu send me an email to review their product just 2 days after I received their product?

Why do sights and rests need 21 different allen wrench sizes? can't we use just ONE!

12-Aug-22
Why do they come up with new camo patterns every year so that I feel so not up to snuff with what I wear?

12-Aug-22
Camo isn't for the animals, it is for the hunter to think he is invisible. :) Seriously most camo doesn't do the job they advertize.

12-Aug-22
ASAT is still state-of-the-art

12-Aug-22
"Why do they come up with new camo patterns every year so that I feel so not up to snuff with what I wear?"

The answer is in your question.

12-Aug-22
Why......do people review a product before they use the friggin thing???!!!

"5... Stars because it looks cool... can't alwait to use it"

Grrrrrr! :-(

12-Aug-22
Because its easier to buy a belt pocket and add it on if you want one then it is for the guys to cut it off if they don't want a belt pocket

12-Aug-22
Speaking of camo. IMO...alot of the new computer camo patterns suck. I see these tv hunters and celebs wearing some stuff that doesn't (can't) fit in to the surroundings they're hunting in. They look very "bright" and stand out against the background. I have some old camo coveralls that are faded real bad but they blend in real good. They don't have that new, store bought look alot of new camo has. I like and have the Predator, Ghost and older Kings Camo patterns. IMO the prairie Ghost pattern is one of the best, if not the best for hunting in the desert/sagebrush areas.

12-Aug-22
As 6 points said camo patterns are for the hunter, or more succinctly camo patterns are to separate the hunter from his money. In my view, many of the patterns blob out at a distance and just don’t function as advertised. It’s easy for advertising purposes to find a spot that mimics the camo pattern, adjust the cameras and light to maximize its effectiveness and print a brochure or film a TV ad.

12-Aug-22
As JL said, the worn out, faded camo disappears. I had a set of Cabelas bibs and coat that I wore until they literally started coming apart. Frayed at the cuffs, damn zippers were worn out, holes in them where I was burning brush on my dozer (yeah, I know) but a coyote never had a chance to actually pick me off, much less a deer. Once, my partner in crime walked away about forty yards to set up the call and decoy, turned around and went to looking for me. I had already sat down and had my face mask on. He thought I had hit the woods for a personal mission until I raised my hand. The new bibs and coat I replaced them with doesn’t hide anywhere but they are warm. :-)

12-Aug-22
….are belt pockets so desired. I hate them.

…. are belt pockets impossible to zip open one handed?

…. doesn’t each pack maker have a holster for a handgun versus different size waist belt pockets?

:^)

12-Aug-22
God likes Crossbow guys better…Lol

12-Aug-22
Speaking of camo, why are boots camo? Why is underwear camo? Why is a bino strap camo?

12-Aug-22
Wait a minute, 6pointbull! Are you saying that my camo doesn’t make me invisible?!?

Can you see me now?

12-Aug-22
WV x2!!!

12-Aug-22
Eh... consumers.

Pockets for what? More unneeded crap products.

So lost.

12-Aug-22
Why, God, why doesn’t anyone make a fitted camo cap for guys with big melons? And what good does a tiny flat brim do? The whole concept of a brim is to shade your eyes and face for God’s sake.

Matt

12-Aug-22
Grey Ghost, I agree. I have a huge head, finding hats that fit is a problem.

12-Aug-22
Peco2, Patagonia once made a fitted camo fishing cap. It had a deep dome, with a long curved brim. I wore it until it literally fell apart. Sadly, they discontinued it, and I haven’t found a suitable replacement since.

Matt

12-Aug-22
Gray Gohst, typically I enjoy your posts but that one was a crappy post.

12-Aug-22
The Alps TraverseX EPS has side pockets (love them!) that a phone or GPS will fit in, and a spot for a clip holster and/or bear spray that tucks neatly between the pocket and pack. Easy to access but I don't know its there when wearing it. My favorite all around day hunting pack.

But for guys who only hunt out of a treestand in Uncle Wilbur's orchard, I can see how side pockets would probably be unnecessary.

12-Aug-22

12-Aug-22
Now this is a great thread. Why can’t they be more in front instead of having to act like a gorilla to do the reach around!!

12-Aug-22
I like the new lighter camo for hunting in the heat. Its too bad they cant make one that is dull. I have tried bleaching the crap out the new stuff and it doesnt help a bit. Anybody have any crazy ideas how to make new camo look like an old cotton T Shirt?

12-Aug-22
Why do hot dogs come in packs of 10 or 12, brats come with 6, but buns are always in an 8 pack?

13-Aug-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I picked this set up on eBay the other day. I love the pattern. My only beef is the pockets aren’t deep enough.

EDIT…..why does this image tool never work right!

13-Aug-22
Why does my employer ask the same question every year? “Do you really need three weeks off to hunt elk?”

Um… do you really need me to show up 5 days a week the other 49 weeks!

13-Aug-22
"Why do hot dogs come in packs of 10 or 12, brats come with 6, but buns are always in an 8 pack? "

Same answer as so many other questions in this thread - marketing! (Or, 'marketing people who deserve no mercy.')

13-Aug-22
Why are there braille instructions at a drive up ATM?

13-Aug-22
^....that's a good one.

13-Aug-22
Why do people who smoke in their car drive with the window down. Anxiety over second hand smoke I guess

13-Aug-22
….and why do psychics have a sing on their front door saying right Bell for service.

If the they are any good shouldn’t they know a customer has arrived.

13-Aug-22

14-Aug-22
For the same reason you pay extra for air conditioning for your car.

14-Aug-22
Not in the winter its not the same reason we have AC

14-Aug-22
Stickbow guys need short brim hat GG.

• Sitka Gear