JL 13-Aug-22
Paul@thefort 13-Aug-22
bowhunter1 13-Aug-22
Jasper 15-Aug-22
HuntSeeker 19-Aug-22
ahunter76 19-Aug-22
Traveler 19-Aug-22
12-Aug-22
Heading out at 5am tomorrow for Wyoming to set up blinds on Public in unit 73 for the opener on the 15th! So stoked can't stand it.

12-Aug-22
Best of luck!

12-Aug-22
Good luck. Hopefully no one beat ya to it.

12-Aug-22

ahunter76's embedded Photo
Sons 1st trip & my 5th.. I told him I saved him about $2500 guide fees & he said "thanks Dad"..
Sons 1st trip & my 5th.. I told him I saved him about $2500 guide fees & he said "thanks Dad"..
We Always tent it.
We Always tent it.
Enjoy.. Been a few times. Always think about going again.

12-Aug-22
Planning on putting up a blind or two this evening season starts the 15th wont be able to get out that day probably a day or two later kind of watching the weather looks like it might be wet.

12-Aug-22
Fun stuff, go catch one.

12-Aug-22
I hunt 73 when I can get a tag. Have had good success there over the years. Good luck!!!

13-Aug-22
I hunted 73 two years ago. Last year I scouted before application time and it was looking extremely dismal on numbers. Probably a combination of far too many tags plus winter kill.

13-Aug-22
Yep, it's here. What a great time of the year! Enjoy it.

13-Aug-22
Watch those roads, it is supposed to rain, maybe a lot. Water holes may appear everywhere but be patient and best of luck!!

13-Aug-22
Good luck! I need to go lope hunting again soon!

13-Aug-22
With all of this chatter....I'm looking forward to the pics of the blinds, set-ups and critters.

13-Aug-22

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
4 pm, 30 yards shot. Dropped where he stood, spine hit.
4 pm, 30 yards shot. Dropped where he stood, spine hit.
first saw him at 400 yards away. He wait until the does finished watering. Down he came and hour later.
first saw him at 400 yards away. He wait until the does finished watering. Down he came and hour later.
Good luck on your hunt. Almost left when the temps got to 100 degrees, but stuck it out. Glad I stayed.
Good luck on your hunt. Almost left when the temps got to 100 degrees, but stuck it out. Glad I stayed.
Opening day is good. Pics from last year's first day Colorado hunt.

13-Aug-22
Good luck to all of you. Hard to believe it is here already.

Paul, awesome pictures, great work as always!

13-Aug-22

bowhunter1's embedded Photo
bowhunter1's embedded Photo
My son got it done in Nevada

15-Aug-22
Congratulations all!

19-Aug-22
Worst Antelope hunt ever! Most waterholes were completely dry that I had hunted previous. I was told it had rained like once this summer. However it rained 8/13, 8/14 and 8/15 upon my arrival. Water holes were still all dry except like 4 we found but of course all depressions in roads, two tracks, ditches and pot holes on the prairie all held water so goats could water everywhere and population was a fraction of what I saw several years back. Sat the 4 waterholes for 2 days all day with not much even seen except at 2000 yards. Spot and stalked for 1.5 days getting between 80 and 150 yards many times but nothing in realistic bow range. I burned 6 points to go in this unit with lower population of goats and apparently bad drought except the rain 4 of 5 days I was there. Nobody put a gun to my head so no one to blame but me and got bad luck on the rain. If no rain we would have probably had a decent chance at the 4 waterholes we did find. Will find a better unit in the future.

19-Aug-22
Huntseeker-like you a few years ago we burned 5 points for a "great area" we thought Wrong. It wasn't like yours, we saw critters & filled most tags (tough though, about 50-50 waterholes & S&S)) BUT the numbers & quality was not there. 3 years ago we drew an area with 1 point. Not great area but we did see plenty of critters & 4 of us took 3 Bucks & a Doe all Spot & stalk (there was water everywhere). Rain makes one big difference.

19-Aug-22
Huntseeker - If you can go back in a few weeks it could be totally different watch the weather there’s a very good chance it’ll all be dry by Labor Day

• Sitka Gear