Rut Nut 26-Aug-22
scentman 26-Aug-22
JSW 26-Aug-22
ahawkeye 26-Aug-22
'Ike' (Phone) 27-Aug-22
goelk 12-Oct-22
spike78 12-Oct-22
13-Aug-22
Chuck Adams' wife Greta got an Inreach message from him yesterday that he just killed a potential new WR nontypical velvet Sitka Blacktail. He said it green scores 97, and he killed it on a 12 day solo backpack hunt. So he will now possibly hold both world records for velvet Sitkas.

I've never been a fanboy, but I have a hell of a lot of respect for what he has accomplished, and still does. He is the Tom Brady of bowhunting. Congrats to him (yet again).

13-Aug-22
He's a machine. I am a fanboy of Chucks' - always was. He's one of the greats from the era when the greats didn't hunt so they can get instagram followers. Same with the Wensels, Jim Daugherty, Dwight, MR, and others. I have nothing but respect for what he has accomplished.

13-Aug-22
Wow.

13-Aug-22
Chuck is the real deal

13-Aug-22
I love how he does it by himself no guide. No doubt he’s one of if not the best.

13-Aug-22
Talk about getting it done. Congrats Chuck

13-Aug-22
Looking fwd to pics and the story.

13-Aug-22
That’s incredible

13-Aug-22

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
A true bowhunter is what I say.. Awesome for sure.. As one of those "older" bowhunters still in the game my hat is off to him.. Talked to him a few times at shows & always seemed pretty down to earth.. Couple of my G-kids met him (over 10 years ago) & had "no idea" who he was or what he has accomplished with a bow.

13-Aug-22
I’m in Kodiak City now. Hats off to Chuck, my buddy and I had a tough time; deer seemed to be way down in our area but I’ve not been since Nov 2019.

13-Aug-22
Not sure how old he is now but he's on Kodiak solo for a month....again. He'll probably break it again before his trip is over.

13-Aug-22
When I was kid and all the kids had baseball and football players for heroes mine was Chuck. He still is.

13-Aug-22
Well done. He’s had an amazing bowhunting life.

13-Aug-22
Pretty damn cool ?? congrats to the hunter Lewis

13-Aug-22
Congrats to Chuck, I heard on a podcast he was after one more record. Sounds like he may have got it. Good for him, always thought he was a class act.

13-Aug-22
Congrats to Chuck!

13-Aug-22
I’d like to shake chucks hand. ‘Gears to him.

13-Aug-22
Can’t wait to see the pics. Just an amazing accomplishment.

One of my dream hunts for sure

13-Aug-22
I've been watching this on facebook as well. Seeing him continue to get it done when he has to be getting close to Larry D. Jones's definition of an "Old Codger" is amazing.

I've been hesitant to burst any bubbles but I green scored a NT taken on August 4 that was well over 100". It has a couple of broken points, which will make for an interesting judgement call. I got 102+ without counting the broken points.

The excitement generated by finally giving velvet entries the credit they deserve has been a pleasure to watch and take part in. Having had the pleasure of stalking a probable WR typical velvet Sitka less than 2 weeks ago adds to my emotions on the matter.

13-Aug-22
Nothing but respect, congratulations and well wishes for him.

13-Aug-22
Chuck’s a great guy and good company. He’s in the high country on Kodiak by himself for a month. No walk in the park. He’s plus 70 and got it done. Congrats Chuck! A lot of great bow hunters on here. Some I know. I tell my kids and grandkids Chuck’s the best.

13-Aug-22
Nice, what was Bolen’s, thought it was bigger than 97”…

13-Aug-22
Non-typical Ike

13-Aug-22
Super cool. I hope I’m bowhunting solo at his age

13-Aug-22
Ahhh, thanks Nick…

13-Aug-22
….and Bolen’s typical was beat by Chuck last year.

13-Aug-22
Simply the best.

13-Aug-22
Chuck's bowhunting writings and information back in the old days helped us and stoked a lot of interest in bowhunting for us. Congrats to him.

13-Aug-22
Just the fact that he does that hunt solo every year on Kodiak is AMAZING.

That he’s still cranking that kind of hunt at his age is UNBELIEVABLE.

Taking a world record typical last year and potentially a non typical world record this year is LEGENDARY!

Congratulations, definitely an inspiration, across the board!

13-Aug-22
I have always liked Chuck and he is a good guy!

Lots haters out there that don't like him, but they haven't done what he has, nor as many times!!

Congratulations Chuck! Well Done, Sir!

13-Aug-22
Chuck always set the bar high for us want-to-be's! Haha and still does! Congrats to Chuck on his dandy Sitka Blacktail, potential new WR or #2!

13-Aug-22
Amazing hunter

13-Aug-22
Still getting it done, very impressive.

Never understood the thought people need to be fanboys or haters. It is OK not to form firm opinions on things you know little about.

13-Aug-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
I got these last year and have been sitting on them for a bit. Seems like a good time to put them out there. I don't have too many things from famous hunting folks. I wanted to get one of these big posters from Mr Chuck to put in a picture frame before they sold out.

13-Aug-22
Definitely has the Sitka’s numbers, in more ways than one…Way to go Chuck!

13-Aug-22
How does Chuck do it without lifting weights, running ultra-marathons and drinking super vitamin protein mega powders and pulling 80 pounds?

13-Aug-22
He is a very determined and persistent bowhunter. Congrats to him on another outstanding trophy.

14-Aug-22
Can not come to crips being in that area for a month by myself. Thanks Chuck

14-Aug-22
He is Da Man------->

Congrats,

Robb

14-Aug-22
For Chuck he defines the saying all Sitka all the time

14-Aug-22
For Chuck he defines the saying all Sitka all the time

14-Aug-22
I'm not afraid of anything and am convinced I can do anything I set my mind to.

Going solo on Kodiak for 4 weeks, man that is next level. I'm not sure I could set my mind to do it. Chuck is not just next level, he's in his own league.

14-Aug-22
I love it!!!

14-Aug-22
I admire him. Early 70s I was on the surfing circuit,,,,, some fellow surfers and bowhunters at the time, took me along out to Catalina Island. After I saw there hunts, I was hooked. Chuck Adams had just left, and was with, I think the guys name was Doug Walker, had a big bowhunting magazine at the time..... Anyway, I got into bowhunting, and always read Chucks articles........

Got to meet him once at a show...... He talked to us guys for over an hour.....

The guy is ahead of the game,,,, I also have his personal biography, interesting read.....

Congrats, Mr. Adams

14-Aug-22
Pretty Cool ! what's he shooting these days

14-Aug-22
I have one of those posters still in the mailing tube.

14-Aug-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
^.....mine is still in the tube too. I took them out for this thread. That was nice of him (or her) to write the Fred Bear quote on it for me.

14-Aug-22
I spoke with Chuck via satellite phone this morning. He is pretty excited for the bowhunter whose buck Jim Willems spoke about. That’s at least two fantastic bucks taken already. With a couple weeks on the island yet, he’s optimistic about finding a couple more good bucks.

A month solo on Kodiak is definitely something next level. Wishing Chuck good luck for the next couple weeks, and congrats to the bowhunter who killed the other amazing buck.

14-Aug-22
Chuck is the Man, Congratulations to him!

14-Aug-22
Two days in a tent is demanding,,,,, wow,,,, you must have been on some incredibly good weather hunts..... I was once in a tent for 5 days, on a caribou hunt,,,,,,

14-Aug-22
Some may try, but you can't take any respect away from Chuck, his accomplishments and especially not what he has done for bowhunting in general.

14-Aug-22
What Pat said !

14-Aug-22
Very cool

14-Aug-22
My Dad and I were hunting antelope in CO. We stopped in Maybell at the Victory Motel to get some ice. There was a guy loading his old Chevy Blazer with his gear. He had worn out old camo, boots not even tied, and when he turned around he had a biscuit in his mouth and his bow in his hand. My Dad recognized him immediately and said "you're smilin Chuck!!!" He chuckled, shook our hands and talked with us for awhile. One of the most down to earth good dudes I've ever met. Congrats to Chuck! He is no doubt in a league of his own.

14-Aug-22
My fist archery deer tag was 1978 and it seems like Chuck Adams was getting it done back then and I was always waiting for Bowhunter magazine to see what else he had wrote about and hunted. He is still the guy after all these years that can get it done and with style. He has my greatest admiration and respect.

15-Aug-22
goelk, He is shooting Bear now. The last I saw it was the Alaskan, but that was a while ago so it could be something newer now?

15-Aug-22
He’s a living legend!

15-Aug-22
This is good news to hear, he deserves the accolades.

15-Aug-22
Congrats Chuck!

15-Aug-22
Congratulations to a man who obviously puts in the time and effort to make it happen!

15-Aug-22
Wow, that is awesome. I've only shot traditional but I always thought he did it the right way.

15-Aug-22
Always been a fan and in awe of what he does. Never met him, but just seems like a salt of the earth type of guy.

15-Aug-22
Story is on his facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/ChuckAdamsArcheryOfficial

15-Aug-22
I guess Lou should start being fanboy LOL. He is on a short list of non-fanboys looks like.

Chuck's accomplishments are amazing when it comes to bowhunting.

15-Aug-22
Kudos to Chuck.

No way I could do that hunt solo for a month. Serious mind game there

15-Aug-22
Mr. Willems, please fill us in on what is an "old codger" according to Larry D. Jones. It would be interesting to figure out because I think I may know a few!

15-Aug-22
He is the GOAT, no questioning that!

Darrall Dougherty

15-Aug-22
My hat is off to Chuck, again. Very few bowhunters have his passion, drive and skills.

In my early bow hunting days, me and my hunting buddies used to make fun of his tendency to sit several feet behind his kills for the trophy pic, to make them look bigger. We called it the "Chucky pose". That seems so childish on our part, now, after everything he's accomplished and continues to accomplish.

He truly is the GOAT, in my book.

Matt

16-Aug-22
I’m a fan. Too many times people let the opinions of others and the media influence their opinion. Talking to Chuck in person would change the minds of the haters and doubters. Can you imagine the money he could make if he wanted to be a hunting video tv star! He’s not a glory grabber. Just a hunter like you and me who had a dream and chased it. Years later after his major accomplishments he’s out of the limelight and guess what…. He’s still out doing the same thing. A stand up guy in my book.

16-Aug-22
He is one of the finest people that it has ever been my pleasure to spend time with/around.

16-Aug-22
I used to look at smilin' Chuck trophy pictures and not be so impressed, as in "yea, if I had money I could do that". Then about 18 years ago he was a speaker at a Colorado sportsman's show, and I attended. Talk about a 180 degree about face! Seems he came from no money, loved to hunt, which cost him a marriage, etc. Doing what he likes, and that is hunt, hunt, hunt. Seemed like a really nice person.

18-Aug-22
Y'all can have the WR. I am more impressed by the month on the island. Wow.

18-Aug-22
A little update, late yesterday Chuck arrowed another nontypical velvet buck larger than the current world record. Doesn’t sound like it’s larger than the one Jim referred to buddy dang, still going strong! He has another 11 hunting days if the weather would just cooperate. He said it’s the coldest August he’s ever seen there.

19-Aug-22
Can’t wait to see these Bucks…Damn!

19-Aug-22
Damn

19-Aug-22
Congratulations to Chuck. Incredible accomplishments the last couple of years with Sitka's. I think Chuck will have Nos. 1 & 2 because I don't think the one I killed will qualify as a non-typical. I think mine will be about an inch short of qualifying for non-typical due to webbing on both antlers.

19-Aug-22
Congrats Bob! Heck of a buck. 5 inches of nt is probably not common. Can’t wait to see Chuck’s deer.

19-Aug-22
Congrats to you, Bob. Jim had told me confidentially about your buck. Sounds like an amazing deer!

19-Aug-22
Congratulations Bob!!! Sounds like a super buck!

19-Aug-22
Ike x2!

19-Aug-22
I read today that he's got 210 P&Y animals to his credit. The man is machine.

19-Aug-22
Congratulations, Bob! I figured it was you.. (-:

19-Aug-22
Congrats Bob! I look forward to seeing all these deer one of these days.

26-Aug-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Look what came in the mail

26-Aug-22
He’s a machine…

26-Aug-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
And look who appears in the article..............

26-Aug-22
Ron is an exceptional Measurer as well as great bow hunter. One of the classiest guys around for sure.

26-Aug-22
Great article- just finished it! (Lots of info I had never heard or read about hunting Kodiak)

26-Aug-22
I love it. Chuck has a 30 year old shirt and hat and using a basic bino strap. Low tech Killer

26-Aug-22
When I started bowhunting in the early eighties I wore the navy watchman headgear to emulate Chuck... he was on alot of magazine covers back then, that big smile said it all!

26-Aug-22
Rich, I'm not sure I'm qualified to quantify what is an "Old Codger" I do know that Larry D Jones has been signing his letters as "Old Codgers rule" for at least the last 10 years. Which would have made him around 70 when he was using that moniker.

If you are 25, a 50 year old might be an Old Codger. If you are 50, then maybe 70. If you are 70, maybe you may have acheived "Codgerdom." Not intended to hurt anyones feelings but there aren't many 70+ year old bowhunters doing DIY backpack hunts in remote areas. Chuck, Paul, Jack Frost, maybe a few more, but not many.

26-Aug-22
I wonder how old that hat is???

27-Aug-22
Isn’t he still shooting the Easton XX78’s…Look like it with the logs with vanes in his quiver…Lol…Deadly…

12-Oct-22
Is chuck still a finger tab guy or release

12-Oct-22
I believe I read he shoots release now due to lack of finger bows.

• Sitka Gear