WapitiBob 18-Aug-22
Blood 18-Aug-22
wyobullshooter 18-Aug-22
ElkNut1 18-Aug-22
Cheesehead Mike 18-Aug-22
Bou'bound 19-Aug-22
Cheesehead Mike 19-Aug-22
14-Aug-22
I lost the stretch cord off my phelps tube. Does anyone know where you can buy that stretch cord. When I google it, all i get is a 100 ft roll of some type of marine cord

14-Aug-22
Amazon has it for $5. Or just google thin bungy cord.

14-Aug-22
Farm and ranch and hardware stores sell it here by the foot.

14-Aug-22
Shock cord for tent poles

15-Aug-22

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
I use elastic band but could see something between the size of shock chord and a bungee working well.

15-Aug-22
I use paracord.

15-Aug-22

Cheesehead Mike's Link
Shock cord works much better than Paracord because it stretches. You can have your bugle over your shoulder held tight to your body, but you can stretch it and pull it up to your mouth and when you put it back it's held tight without dangling.

15-Aug-22

DanaC's Link
https://www.3riversarchery.com/nylon-stretch-cord.html

15-Aug-22
In 3,2,1....just leave bugle tube in the truck to many people bugling comment :) In all serious I had no not thought of advantage of shock cord thanks for idea Mike!!!

15-Aug-22
Thanks for the link

17-Aug-22
Para cord when I used one. I haven't used a cord at all for years.

ElkNut

17-Aug-22
Paracord for me too. Never breaks!

17-Aug-22
Another that uses paracord.

18-Aug-22
As many bugles as I have left in the woods, I would have had to purchased the 100 foot roll.

18-Aug-22

WapitiBob's Link
Get a bugle tube holder.

18-Aug-22
For what it’s worth, the stretchy little Bungy cord works awesome. You can stretch it and make a bugle, then slide the tube right against your side….you don’t have to slide it into your pack, or belt to hold from dancing all around. You can’t do that with paracord. But paracord is obviously stronger. Good luck guys!

18-Aug-22
If someone prefers stretch cord, great. However, in 35+ years of using paracord, not once have I had to slide my grunt tube into my pack or hold it to keep it from dancing all around.

18-Aug-22

ElkNut1 's Link
I mentioned not using a Bugle cord. Here's how I carry mine on my pack, never an issue in 3 years of use. Easy to put in & remove by yourself. This may help some that do not use a cord either.

ElkNut

18-Aug-22
I carry my bugle exactly as shown in Elknut's link, it's pretty much a no brainer. I also used Paracord for many years before I got a bugle tube 5 years ago or so that came with the stretchy shock cord. I prefer the stretchy cord but didn't realize it until I tried it. Personal preference I guess...

19-Aug-22
What camo you guys runnin on those cords

I would like to find some Sitka but have not been able to source it.

19-Aug-22
Yeah the guys who are Sitka reps better be careful not to use a cord with the wrong camo pattern or they'll get in trouble...

• Sitka Gear