15-Aug-22

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Chase has been a true gentleman with the new kennel mate.
Chase has been a true gentleman with the new kennel mate.
THERE COMES A TIME, to turn over the baton when running the race that takes too long or when jumping over the hurdle is too difficult. In this case, Chase the Wonder Dog is now 13 1/2 and his hunting, for the most part, is over.

So the baton is turned over to Teal, now 9 weeks old male. We picked him up last week from a Nebraska kennel, with a good reputation. Actually Teal's father is a 3x national Hunt Test champion. Now it will be up to me to bring out his best as he surely has the potential to be very good.

15-Aug-22

15-Aug-22
Extra biscuits for Chase now!! Well deserved for sure. And that Teal is a good looking guy. He'll be bringing back your yard hoppers in no time!

15-Aug-22
Teals a fabulous lookin specimens! Making me get the Lab itch Paul!

15-Aug-22
He's in good hands! Enjoy it Paul.

15-Aug-22
Teal is a great looking pup and Chase will be pestered. Enjoy Paul

15-Aug-22
Great looking dog Paul. Good luck with the training.

15-Aug-22
Great looking young pup!!

It’s sad to see an old partner struggle. But what they give is worth it.

15-Aug-22
Awwww....sweet puppy, Paul!

15-Aug-22
So cute. I am sure that pup will turn out awesome with you and Chase teaching it.

15-Aug-22
Awesome Paul.

15-Aug-22
Happy for you Paul!!

We’re having some difficult puppy issues in our house. Hoping you’re having nothing but fun.

15-Aug-22
Good looking pup Paul and I hope he's as great a companion as Chase has been for you.

I'll be looking forward to your yard hopper adventurers with the trainee Teal.

15-Aug-22
Good looking puppy

15-Aug-22
Wonderful Paul! Congratulations, look forward to reading about your goose adventures with your newest pal.

15-Aug-22
Teal is in great hands…..and paws! Between you and Chase the Wonderdog, he’s gonna turn out terrific!

15-Aug-22
Great lookin dog you got there

15-Aug-22
Good deal Paul. Now get him neutered to change his mind from Fucks to Ducks :)

15-Aug-22
Good looking puppy Paul. My 17 year old son and I have a 10 week old puppy that looks identical. He even wears a red collar!

16-Aug-22
Few things in life are better than a faithful Labrador. Nice Paul!

16-Aug-22
Lucky dog(s)!

16-Aug-22
Looking forward to seeing Teal’s training progress and future hunts! Nothing like a well trained Labrador.

16-Aug-22
Exciting times! Nothing cuter than a lab puppy! Congrats Paul, I look forward to seeing his exploits.

16-Aug-22
Teal might have to drag the yard hoppers back to you until he gets bigger, but he’s going to be a great dog. He’s a lucky pup to have two of the best trainers around. Can’t wait for Yard Hopper season to get here.

16-Aug-22
Well Paul, you’ve had the best years of Chase’s life, time now to let him rest by the fire. Just hope that Teal loves the hunt as much as Chase, and I’ll bet he will.

Thanks to you and Chase for taking us along on so many yardhopper adventures. I know I speak for all of us in saying that we can’t wait to see Teal perform. I hope we get to see his work until he’s an old man too !

16-Aug-22
Congrats to you and to Teal Paul! Nothing beats a lab puppy, their youthful enthusiasm almost challenges yours! :) Enjoy your time with your new hunting partner!

16-Aug-22
Congrats on the new family member!

16-Aug-22
Great looking pup Paul. I believe Teal is lucky to be in such great company as you and Chase. Look forward to following all of his adventures!

16-Aug-22
WOW!, Chase, Teal and I appreciate the great comments. As you know, having a good companion dog just adds life to ones own life.

Hopefully the Yard Hopper series will continue to Year Eleven, but the home owner told me this summer, he plans on putting the property up for sale this fall. I do not have 2.5 million$$$., unless a few Bowsiters will chip in. :)

16-Aug-22
Congratulations Paul! Teal is a great looking pup and I'm sure that he will be a great addition to the family. As others have said, I sure have enjoyed following along with you and Chase on the famous yard hopper threads. Sounds like we may need to pass a great big hat if we want to see the new pup hauling in geese;) Hopefully things will work out and one of the best threads of the year can continue. Best of luck with training Teal!

16-Aug-22
Hope Teal gets to do a "Yard Hopper" apprenticeship with Chase, this Season!

Great looking pup, Paul !

16-Aug-22
Come back to Michigan Paul. I can put you on thousands of acres of wheat stubble for you and Teal.

16-Aug-22
If anyone is interested, there in one more black lab male (10 weeks old) from this same litter available.

PM me. Paul

17-Aug-22
Paul, I have 5 dogs at home right now...probably 3 more than any sane person should have in the house!

• Sitka Gear