Pop-r 16-Aug-22
RT 16-Aug-22
Bob H in NH 16-Aug-22
Ambush 16-Aug-22
BULELK1 17-Aug-22
BULELK1 17-Aug-22
midwest 17-Aug-22
16-Aug-22
FYI I bought track grabbers a few years ago. They saved my butt in snow in Co one year. Well worth the cost to keep them on you at all times. They are basically huge thick rubber "cleats" not to hard to put on in adverse conditions. You will NOT drive with them over a couple miles - it feels like you are going over a curb constantly but man they WORK!!! I suspect they would also work great in mud but never tried.

16-Aug-22
I assume you just put them on the back wheels because clearance issues in the front?

16-Aug-22
I put them on the back wheels and they worked great to get me out of a snowdrift. Heck of a lot easier to install in bad conditions than chains.

16-Aug-22
Thanks for the tip, Don. I had never heard of them. They seem to get mostly good reviews. I’ll probably buy a set because I hate putting chains on.

Matt

16-Aug-22
They make some snow "socks" that work pretty well and don't feel like a curb. Although they pr9bablt won't help much in mud they are legal in CO on commercial vehicles under chain laws.

16-Aug-22
Funny this thread came up, I just checked the fit of my chains an hour ago.

16-Aug-22
I have a set of 4. Got another person out of snow but haven't used them on my truck, yet

16-Aug-22
I also have a set of four (different brand). I've used two in the mud and they do work, but are painful slow to move you and that's why I bought the other set. Should move painfully slow at twice the speed now :)

But they are no substitute for a good set of V-bar chains put on at the appropriate time if you have any distance to go.

17-Aug-22

BULELK1's Link
I've posted the link many times over the years here on the Bowsite and over on M&M.

I have them in both my Jeeps.

Simple and reliable.

See my link above,

Robb

17-Aug-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I had gone snowshoeing up Mill Creek Canyon on a big snow day and when I got back the snowplows had buried a few of us in with 6-8 feet wide bank of snow.

I used mine to get me up and over and out and then used them on a few of the other vehicles if the driver was back.

Although, they didn't fit well on the smaller tire size vehicles.

Enjoy,

Robb

17-Aug-22
Pretty cheap insurance!

• Sitka Gear