onX Maps
WY election change - make a difference??
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Inshart 16-Aug-22
Jordan 16-Aug-22
Treeline 17-Aug-22
Will 17-Aug-22
WYelkhunter 17-Aug-22
wytex 17-Aug-22
Tjm1534 17-Aug-22
Treeline 17-Aug-22
Ron Niziolek 17-Aug-22
Michael 17-Aug-22
bill v 17-Aug-22
Beendare 18-Aug-22
Beendare 18-Aug-22
Bowboy 18-Aug-22
KSflatlander 18-Aug-22
Inshart 18-Aug-22
Treeline 18-Aug-22
RonP 18-Aug-22
Tjm1534 18-Aug-22
DanaC 18-Aug-22
Glunt@work 18-Aug-22
Norseman 18-Aug-22
KSflatlander 18-Aug-22
Jordan 18-Aug-22
Will 18-Aug-22
Pat Lefemine 18-Aug-22
KSflatlander 18-Aug-22
Bob H in NH 18-Aug-22
70lbDraw 18-Aug-22
HDE 18-Aug-22
Jordan 18-Aug-22
KSflatlander 18-Aug-22
DanaC 18-Aug-22
thedude 19-Aug-22
Will tell 19-Aug-22
Beendare 19-Aug-22
groundhunter50 19-Aug-22
Lost Arra 20-Aug-22
16-Aug-22
Watching the news tonight - for you WY guys, do you think the election change will make a difference as far as hunting / conservation goes?

16-Aug-22

Jordan's Link
Not a WY guy....but Ole Harriet ain't our friend unless you are in favor of privatization of public lands.

17-Aug-22
Plenty of checks to that potential, Jordan.

17-Aug-22
Jordan's point was my first thought.

17-Aug-22
I don't think it will affect outdoor activities at all. I am just glad the non-Wyoming wanna-be career politician is out. I believe Hageman will truly represent what the people of WY that elected her want. She will listen to the people and vote how we want her to.

17-Aug-22
Hageman is not our friend. Heck got kicked off that water case because she did not do what folks in Wyoming wanted. She is not a public land supporter. Just another lawyer that got elected, we had no good choice over Cheney.

17-Aug-22
Bye Liz

17-Aug-22
Need to get someone else warming up in the bullpen, then. Any really solid potential from any sportsmen up there?

I would think that Ron Niziolek would be a damn good one for Wyoming in Congress! Get him to run!

17-Aug-22
Oh hell Tavis, that made me laugh. I’d probably get arrested for knocking some heads together and telling 99% of congress to f off. I don’t believe this election will have any impact on sportsmen.

17-Aug-22
Good news is get someone to primary her in 2 years if she is that bad.

At least we have 1 less Neocon in Congress.

17-Aug-22
Way to go boys!

18-Aug-22
Hag is the lesser of 2 evils…. Thats what politics is coming to these days.

Cheney decided she was going to dictate to her constituents- not the other way around. This was a vote, “For the People The Cheney family has done a lot to wreck our country” …. Its only the TDS crowd that doesnt get that, now they love her. She presided iver a kangaroo court J6 and it cost her.

18-Aug-22
Double

18-Aug-22
The reason Liz hates Trump so much is because Trump was one of the few people against the Iraq war and didn’t mince words against the Cheney Industrial war machine.

She will be fine, another greasy politician that made $170k per year and is now worth 40 million.

The industrial military complex wants the status quo. Trump was the first in decades with no new wars. Bad guys equal contracts, which equal Billions for Cheney cronies. Trump disrupted the cash pipeline for many.

18-Aug-22

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Ron, here’s your political slogan

18-Aug-22
Ron you could get elected and in 6yrs you’d be multi millionaire, and go on all those lifetime hunting trips.

You could also be the first elected politician to finish your super slam:)

18-Aug-22
They eat there own. Especially when doing the right thing when it disagreed with Trump. Hilarious mental gymnastics.

18-Aug-22
Hell Ron, if your a politician you don't even need a license to kill --- (insert a pic of Hillary)

18-Aug-22
I can see the headlines now:

“Wyoming Representative Niziolek (Independent) claims no Responsibility for the Semi-load of Grizzlies Released in Congress today. “Hell, they must have followed me here! I can’t get away from the damn things! So tragic what happened to Nancy, AOC, Schumer, and all those other slow Democrats… Glad Representative Boebert and the rest of us with our CC’s were in the room with and kept the bears from getting any of us on our side of the aisle!”

18-Aug-22
if i had to guess, her priorities will be self-serving and put herself, family and close friends first like the rest of them.

afterward, sportsmen and others may see improvement if there is any time, money, and resources left. any improvement or perceived effort to making improvement will come during an election year.

18-Aug-22
It’s evident at least to me that Liz Chaney has been hatching a run for the White House all along,thinking that acting like Trump was the devil would help her cause.Twisted sister. I believe I could run and receive as many votes as she would .

18-Aug-22
Liz Cheney should/could be the first woman President.

I would pay cash money to watch her debate Trumpf.

18-Aug-22
She won't beat Trump or DeSantis in a primary. If her family's plan is making sure Trump isn't elected, her best bet is a third party run to siphon off republican voters and boost the Democrats chances.

That's a big step so my guess is an unsuccessful Republican run as a platform for slinging as much mud as she can.

18-Aug-22
Dana and Flatbrim should be happy. Now their gal can but all efforts into running for President.

18-Aug-22
Azelkhunter- obviously you don't read your own posts when looking for the dumbest thing of the day.

18-Aug-22
Oh my...spit coffee all over my puter.....dammit! LOLOLOL

18-Aug-22
I mean, in fairness, God made the mess so he should be able to fix it.

LC voted with Trump (93% of the time) more than almost any other house member, even more than "freedom caucus" folks. If conservative policy actions is what people want in the house, a high ranking member who is more in line with Trump policy than almost anyone seems like a valuable person to stick around. She was literally more conservative in terms of voting record than her committee successor Stefanick. The only observable reason she seemed to get the boot is because she didnt like Trump. Seems like a weird approach to me - one man over actionable policy and a strong voice in the house. How she's viewed as a hopeless shank to conservatism is a good indicator of the "America First" flow away from conservativism into whatever it's (AF's) message is.

18-Aug-22
If I could invest in Cheney right now I would. Not that I like her, I don't, but because the networks will be lining up with multi-million dollar offers to have her join their divisions. Brilliant move, really. As long as Trump stays in the headlines, she's highly relevant as a conservative with the last name Cheney - she is the ultimate anti-trump voice. They all love her now, and she will maximize that. Cynical me thinks this was her plan all along. She knew she was toast, but riding it out raised her stock with the MSM. She's not stupid.

18-Aug-22
^^^ “LC voted with Trump (93% of the time) more than almost any other house member, even more than "freedom caucus" folks. If conservative policy actions is what people want in the house, a high ranking member who is more in line with Trump policy“

Will, Let’s spin that around 180 degrees . If she agrees with 93% of his policies why is she so disparaging to all of Trumps supporters.

She is the the establishment RINO type that would actually rather see Biden, Harris or AOC running the country than Trump. Just like John Mcain

18-Aug-22
“Cynical me thinks this was her plan all along.”

Or maybe she put a higher value on morals and ethics and the constitution. And we need more of that on both sides of the aisle.

18-Aug-22
Her voting record is one thing. Her anti Trump actions are another.

How can someone , with a straight face, say they will do whatever it takes to stop Trump cause he's a threat to democracy. Sorry but let the people decide, isn't that democracy?

I don't care about her first impeachment vote. I want those hearing the evidence to vote.

I do have a huge problem with the pattern of support for an endless stream of "get Trump" attacks with no results, no charges, nothing. At some point they just have to admit it's simply cause they don't like him

18-Aug-22
“Sorry but let the people decide, isn't that democracy?”

From the looks of the primary votes, the Democrats are the only ones that hate him. It looks like most Americans still support Trump and still intend to vote for him again.

18-Aug-22
"Or maybe she put a higher value on morals and ethics and the constitution. And we need more of that on both sides of the aisle."

And yet you voted for biden...

18-Aug-22

Jordan's embedded Photo
Jordan's embedded Photo

18-Aug-22
“And yet you voted for biden...”

Against Trump. You bet I did.

18-Aug-22
"The only observable reason she seemed to get the boot is because she didnt like Trump."

"Like'??? No, it's because she sees Trump for the anti-Constitutional criminal dirtbag he really is, and his minions voted his wishes.

19-Aug-22
Lest not forget trump signed GAOA and cheney voted against it. Cheney also had a hand in the blocking of the wyoming land sale to increase public access.

I am glad cheney is out but not sure if the replacement will be any better.

19-Aug-22
I'm thinking Liz is going to run for President as a Independent. She'll get a lot of votes from both parties and independent voters if she does. If it's Biden and Trump running again I'd vote for her. Both parties should pick two new faces to run for President.

19-Aug-22
Yeah Pat, you nailed it.

She is the “Conservative” CNN needs to replace that turd Stelter.

19-Aug-22
How dumb can all of you Wyoming people be,,,,, Yeah how dumb are you, to have this women, as a representative,,,, She has live in suburban VA, all of her priveledge life... Her father is an asshole, who was war monger, who of course never had to drop a shed of blood, in the effort......... She will go on to get book deals, and lectures etc, for alot of money, and get more money from war lord lobbyis

You people in Wy are just plain dumb,,,,,

20-Aug-22
I got the impression that Liz's only political base was in Jackson, which apparently doesn't really represent Wyoming.

• Sitka Gear