huntinelk 17-Aug-22
Blood 17-Aug-22
Grey Ghost 17-Aug-22
Shug 17-Aug-22
WapitiBob 17-Aug-22
17-Aug-22

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
I switched from fingers to a release aid a year ago.. when shooting fingers my sight pins were always left of my shaft due to anchor point..( still had excellent flight to target out to 60 yards ) When I switched to my release I essentially went to the same anchor point. I’m curious if anyone else has the same thing or are your pins lined up perfectly over the center of the arrow? Still my arrows hit on spot with the pin so far right anyone else?

17-Aug-22
Peep or not? If no peep, your eye placement is essentially the rear sight. If it's left or right of in line with the arrow, your pins won't be in line with your arrow.

17-Aug-22
Glunt I do use a peep.. I also lean my head right as I always did. Which also partially explains it along with with using my odd feather against my lip ( don’t wanna say cock against my lip)

It’s essentially the same anchor I’ve always used . I’m not concerned I’m just curious if anyone else has come the same “Set up”

17-Aug-22
My pin is slightly to the left of arrow

17-Aug-22
I shoot right handed with a Release and my pins are left of my arrow. I have heard that this will always be the case because your bowl flexes as you draw pulling the pins back into the line of your arrow. Essentially there is torque on your cable guard system

17-Aug-22
It's perfectly normal on any compound bow with cables that are offset to one side due to the horizontal forces that the cables put on the riser at full draw. If you took the same pic at full draw, I'd bet your pins would be more inline with the arrow shaft. It's more noticeable on some bow designs than others.

Shoot thru cable/riser designs don't exhibit the same behavior. The arrow shaft and pins are usually inline in both static and full draw positions on them because the horizontal forces are equal on each side.

Hope this helps,

Matt

17-Aug-22
Ty guys

17-Aug-22
GG hit all the points.

• Sitka Gear