craigmcalvey 19-Aug-22
Pat Lefemine 19-Aug-22
craigmcalvey 19-Aug-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 19-Aug-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 20-Aug-22
groundhunter50 20-Aug-22
groundhunter50 20-Aug-22
18-Aug-22
Whitetail set up, finally sucking it up and spending the coin. I run pretty warm…so I’m thinking this to get me early season till December 31..

Fanatic Hoodie- Equinox Hoodie- Equinox Pants- Fanatic Lite Bibs- Fanatic Lite Jacket- Misc Hat/Gloves- Merino Glove Fanatic Glove

Going to run my current heavy weight base layers in cold weather … thinking of adding core light weight top to the Sitka Lot for early and late season as a wicking layer.. please all the advice you have as this is quite the investment!

My whitetail hunting takes me from Mass to Pennsylvania and potentially to the Midwest to a friends in Iowa or his in-laws in Illinois at some point… that would be most likely bow season.

18-Aug-22
Looks good, however I would replace the Fanatic Lite stuff with the Stratus stuff, like the stratus jacket, and bibs. And Add a Fanatic Vest in case there a cold snap.

That's my go-to in CT until it hits the teens. That works for most of the season. Good luck. You won't regret the investment. Best stuff ever.

18-Aug-22
Pat I was considering the stratus and was set on it…until my brother talked me into the lite…or steered me that way… what am I looking at for differences?

18-Aug-22
Pat x2 on the vest. I wore it to the teens with a heavy core pull over, a 250 merino under that, and a light polyester next to skin. I never shivered once.

I was thinking about buying the fanatic lite jacket but, the vest regulates so well in the warmer temps, I found I’d just shed the merino or heavyweight core I could wear it into the 40 s and 50’s and not get hot.

I love that vest.

18-Aug-22
You can also go with a heated vest instead of the Sitka and save some money.

18-Aug-22
I used Kuiu (Attack Pant) over a merino base layer. The only thing I missed was a pair of puffy pants for glassing sessions.

18-Aug-22
I second the stratus set over the fanatic lite.

If I remember right the fanatic lite doesn’t have wind blocker. The stratus does.

I wear the stratus jacket with a base layer and a mid layer for temps in the high 30’s. With a good base layer, Kuiu attack pants and the stratus bibs I can get down to teens for temps. The stratus bibs help a lot in keeping your core warm as well.

18-Aug-22
10-4 on the wind stopper. Not sure how I missed that. Im sold on those recommendations

18-Aug-22
Correct, the wind stopper and the brushed quiet fabric is optimal. The Fanatic lite is better for temps down to the 40's but no further than that. I have it all, the Fanatic, Fanatic Lite, and the Stratus. I wear my Stratus 90% of the time.

18-Aug-22
Buy it once. Sitka replaced my several years old rain gear with a brand new set when the pockets and velcro failed. Best money spent on hunting gear.

19-Aug-22
What’s the verdict on the fanatic hoody?

19-Aug-22
I wear the fanatic hoody all the time for all temps up to 55-60 degrees. I use the hood and facemask at all times.

19-Aug-22
Pat, I’ve seen some mixed reviews of the hand mitten part. Does using those cause any issues with hand placement on your bow? I prefer to shoot just wearing those brown jersey gloves….

Craig

19-Aug-22
I never use them, feels too weird. You can bypass them and that's what I do.

19-Aug-22
Ok thanks

19-Aug-22
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the equinox midi pant???

20-Aug-22

20-Aug-22
Most fishing lures, are to sell to the fishermen, not that they are anything better than what we have been using, or live bait,,,, I worked for Fishing Facts, so I know what I am talking about..........................................

With that said, from SW Wis,, Nebraska, and years in Iowa, before it went nuts, and owning a house in SD, I can assure you, the deer do not care. I wear plaid shirts, and carhart pants in the plains,, etc... Yes I try to keep scent control, but no need to go nuts on clothing...... Most camo is to fool the hunter,, not the deer.....

Always know the wind, and shoot a top quality bow, and stay in shape,,,, the rest is pure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what ever you want to call it

20-Aug-22
One more thing I will add, and I am in the UP,,,,,, when it comes to cold hunting, get a HBS, everything else is not for me.... I have hunted Canada, etc, I know cold,, get a HBS, simple and will keep you warm

• Sitka Gear