bigwoodsbucks22 19-Aug-22
Kidwalker 20-Aug-22
Scrappy 20-Aug-22
montnatom 20-Aug-22
ND String Puller 20-Aug-22
Kidwalker 21-Aug-22
Thornton 23-Aug-22
19-Aug-22
Curious what everyone out in North Dakota is experiencing for EHD. I know last year was really bad in some parts of the state but it seems like there is less of a drought this year so I'm curious if you guys think the problem is getting better or if you're still dealing with it.

19-Aug-22
It hasn't shown itself this year yet, but we lost 60-70% of our whitetails in our area last year. Mule deer and antelope were also affected to a smaller percentage. I am seeing a few dry does this year on camera, both whitetail and mule deer. If you are hunting the area west of the Missouri River and south of I94-it was definitely affected.

19-Aug-22
No EHD this summer, but most of the older age classes were eliminated last year. I’m seeing a good fawn crop and a young bucks each day on route in western ND.

19-Aug-22
about now (middle of August) is when EHD shows up, so time will tell

19-Aug-22
How has the rain been? From my understanding there is no longer a drought right? Heading out to the south western part of the state, around the Little Missouri River

20-Aug-22
Rain has been especially good along the little Missouri early. It’s just recently started to get dry. Either way, it will take several years for the whitetail herd to rebound after the hit they’ve taken the past two years.

20-Aug-22
EHD can't be bad two years in a row in the same spot due to all the deer are already dead.

20-Aug-22
NE Montana was hit pretty hard last fall. I usually have 20-30 whitetails wintering on my property, this year I have seen none. I drive 20 miles to work everyday through prime whitetail country and I have seen one whitetail this year. Riverbottoms are empty, there are a few but I have seen nothing for older age class bucks. Just like last time, It will be a long recovery, F&G didn't reduce doe tags either time and that makes recovery take 3 or 4 years. Mule deer however are everywhere. It is also extremely dry, just happened later than last year. Grasshoppers are eating everything in sight! I've also heard the breaks have dried out but haven't been over there yet.

20-Aug-22

ND String Puller's embedded Photo
ND String Puller's embedded Photo
Above ^^^ maps from last years outbreak. The west and southwest typically get hit the worst. However last year it affected a much larger area. If you have a whitetail tag it will be slim pickings for a few years. Just a heads up to anyone... An “any deer” tag, good for WT or MD is draw only.

We were hit hard here (Killdeer Area). There are still some pockets of deer that weren’t hit as bad. G&F said if a doe that has a mild case and recovers from EHD can potentially pass that immunity to their fawns.

21-Aug-22
Montnatom is spot on. River bottom pivots that used to have 50-100 whitetails each , now have 3-4 to 0. Muledeer #’s are up , lots of young bucks.

23-Aug-22
They just cut 8,000 whitetail tags due to EHD.

• Sitka Gear