scndwfstlhntng 21-Aug-22
billc 21-Aug-22
StickFlicker 21-Aug-22
fuzzy 21-Aug-22
AZ~Rich 25-Aug-22
20-Aug-22

billc's embedded Photo
billc's embedded Photo
Started 6 years ago when I saw a picture of one. I decide to ask around to try and find and area with one. Got trail cam pics 3 years ago but we knew he needed to grow yet. Hunted for him in 2021 but never laid eyes on him. This year 4th day of the hunt found him and could not pass him. Tried with the bow but he was not coming in the area with the blind. Once in a lifetime trophy so I am still happy to have taken him any way I could. wish I could of gave him one more year to grow but was not letting him walk off

20-Aug-22

billc's embedded Photo
male nyala female colors
billc's embedded Photo
male nyala female colors

20-Aug-22
Very nice trophy !! Congrats !!

20-Aug-22
Beautiful animal!

20-Aug-22
Where were you hunting this animal ? What do you attribute the female coloration to? Very unique trophy

20-Aug-22
This was taken in natal south africa. Was male but just had a sack no balls at all. Everyone I know of it is the same no balls. Just mother nature doing something different I guess. It is as close to a bongo as I will ever get

20-Aug-22
Bongo ?

20-Aug-22
Beat the drums for that one.

20-Aug-22
That’s awesome. Looks like a bongo. Great job!! Nyala are really pretty Congrats

20-Aug-22
Very nice trophy. Congrats.

20-Aug-22
Thanks everyone . Funny part was when I saw him my ph did not. he saw the regular nyala right next to him so when I shot he thought I missed. said shot again I said red nyala down he could not believe it.

Working on how I will have him posed for the mount doing a full body since it is a once in a few lifetimes kind of trophy

21-Aug-22
How's the meat? Betting a "steer" would be fine eating.

21-Aug-22
Amazing looking animal

21-Aug-22
Congrats, closest I would see something like that is a local game preserve which I was at just Friday... amazing animal for sure.

21-Aug-22
Congrats!! Maybe he is transitioning?

21-Aug-22
extraordinary specimen. thanks for sharing.

21-Aug-22
we ate the filets and is was amazing. Cooked on an open fire the next day

21-Aug-22

StickFlicker's Link
That is pretty awesome. I too thought it was a Bongo when I first saw your pic. I've linked a discussion on this topic of red Nyala coloration why I found interesting.

21-Aug-22
Sounds amazing (the fresh filets)

25-Aug-22
That is really cool! A rarity for sure. I immediately thought something was peculiar since bongo have heavier horns and large bodies without the dorsal mane. Very neat trophy!!

• Sitka Gear