DanaC 23-Aug-22
Thornton 23-Aug-22
Keefers 25-Aug-22
Catscratch 25-Aug-22
Thornton 25-Aug-22
21-Aug-22

Thornton's embedded Photo
These look like they'd have been amazing to hunt.

21-Aug-22
Still cheaper then some guided elk hunts I have seen lol.

21-Aug-22
If it came with a cape I’d be all over it!!!

21-Aug-22
Looks more like the ones found preserved in bogs rather than a true "fossil". If that's the case, could make a lot or dog chews out of that thing.

21-Aug-22
Just the other day my wife and I were talking about the size of antlers on various species of animals. I mentioned the Irish elk and how their huge antlers caused them to go extinct. She was skeptical I know. Your photo above brought some proof and clarity to what I was saying. Thanks for the timely post!

21-Aug-22
I've seen the one at the Hall of Horns in San Antonio. You really can't grasp the size until you see one in person. They were amazing creatures.

22-Aug-22
I agree Tilzbow, they really don't know what color they were, cave drawing depicts them as multi colored with maybe some striping, one strip from a shoulder hump down towards the lower hind quarter, and they think they are more closely related to fallow deer rather that either elk/red deer or moose... Interesting species for sure, I guess they have the biologically ancestry with the fallow deer...

22-Aug-22

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo

22-Aug-22
That's not far from where I live. Would be interesting to talk to the owner and find out how he got that. There is a quarry close to that area that many fossils are found in.

22-Aug-22
Was in Ireland and visited some castles that had some hanging on the walls. They were black and came out of peat bogs.

Terry

22-Aug-22
I think Moyles misplaced the cape for that rack....

22-Aug-22
Look up Ken Walker's Irish Elk recreation that he did for The World Taxidermy Show back in about 2005. It was quite incredible in person.

22-Aug-22
Nice to have a ruler next to the antlers for reference

23-Aug-22
hobbes - I looked up Ken Walker's Irish Elk recreation, that's pretty cool, thanks for sharing...

23-Aug-22

23-Aug-22

23-Aug-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
Preferred ride of the elder ones ;-)

23-Aug-22
I listened to a pod cast the other day where they talked about all the things they had found in Illinois like a giant sloth skull.A couple girls I know found a 500 year old wolf skull a few miles from my farm a couple years ago. In Kansas.Just think if they could get some DNA we could be chasing them again.

23-Aug-22
Randy, you might soon get them spreading from Colorado.

23-Aug-22
Grizzly bears, wolves,mountain lions, elk, and Bison were once numerous on the plains.

25-Aug-22

Keefers's embedded Photo
Keefers's embedded Photo
Kind of looks like mine

25-Aug-22
If $16k was disposable income for me I would have one of those in a heartbeat! One of those and a sabretooth. And a hippo. And a cave bear... So cool!

25-Aug-22
Huge. What did that one score Keefers?

• Sitka Gear