'Ike' (Phone) 21-Aug-22
Bowboy 21-Aug-22
Whatthefoc 22-Aug-22
pav 22-Aug-22
Blood 22-Aug-22
'Ike' (Phone) 22-Aug-22
Bowfreak 22-Aug-22
21-Aug-22
Anyone else find that they're off quite a bit? I'm shooting a blazing 266fps, but the 'scale' that fit is 304.5fps!

Maybe on a good day with a good wind at my back! Lol The tape is spot on though...

21-Aug-22
No. I was super surprised that mine is almost spot on. I’m shooting a 565 grain arrow at 285 fps and that’s what fits mine. I thought I’d be a one-off with that heavy of an arrow and fps. But it’s on.

First I shot out to 70 yards and marked all my distances on a blank piece of paper. Then matched it up to what they had. I have the dual trac. And it matches up pretty spot on all the way out to 100 yards.

How far out did you shoot?

21-Aug-22
Ike, there's gotta be something amiss. I'm shooting around 285 with my current set up and the MBG 285 tape I'm using is about dead on at all ranges. I've used their tapes on the Ascent sights for years and typically they're pretty close.

21-Aug-22
I've used HHA and Black Gold and never had a tape that was balls on. I end up using a blank tape and making my own marks.

21-Aug-22
Yeah, weird...I shot to 60, then 30, but also all in between...That's the one that matched!

21-Aug-22
Just set up a new Dual Trac two weeks ago. Wound up using the 277.5 fps tape. Chrono says the bow is shooting 274 fps...so slight difference, but nothing like yours Ike.

21-Aug-22
Do NOT go by the fps listed on each tape. Best I can remember the instructions point that out as well. I love Black Gold sights, but the way they have their tapes marked makes zero sense. They are only for reference from one to another. Once you have your sight in tape marked, find the tape that most closely matches it from say 20 yds to 60 yds and you are good to go. The tape that you actually use may be 20-30 fps off from your actual arrow speed.

21-Aug-22
Pretty rare the sight tapes will be spot on. Shooting 300 fps with a 300, 350, 400 and 450 grain arrow will all produce different drops and their in different tapes. Every bow will be different.

21-Aug-22
You gotta shoot farther than 60. Then go match it up. The tapes for that FPS are very very similar from 30 to 60….but start really showing their true gaps from 70 to 100.

21-Aug-22

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
It works, so I'm happy...That and somewhat waterproof..

21-Aug-22

Pav, how are you liking the Dual Trac? I really like the looks of that sight...

21-Aug-22
I sight my bow in at 20yds and 60yds. I then measure the distance between and find the tape that matches. I’ve never had one wrong yet using this method it’s dead on out to a 100yds.

22-Aug-22
The fps is for reference only.

Try this - if u shoot a dovetail sight, extend it to the max. Find the tape that works for that scenario - then slide your dovetail all the way in. You’ll find that u need a much different tape when u compress the distance between peep and pin.

Treat the mbg fps as ‘for reference only’ - your sight will not chrono your bow.

22-Aug-22
Hey Ike. I like the Dual Trac, but honestly still prefer to shoot with my Ascent Verdict single pin slider. Provides the best possible sight picture for my aging eyes...without the need for a verifier. I will likely still use the single pin for whitetails and turkey...as my shots are rarely over 20 yards. Bought the Dual Trac for western big game. Spaced the pins at 25 yards and 40 yards and still get a pretty good sight picture. Figure the second pin may come in handy for spur of the moment shot opportunities...when adjusting the slider is not an option.

22-Aug-22
WTF, excellent advice.

22-Aug-22
Pav, yeah I really like my Pro Single Pin…That one has caught my eye though, just for the reason you listed! Thanks…

22-Aug-22
Speed could be off if peep to pin and peep to arrow distances are much different than what they used to calibrate their tapes. If by chance two people had the same exact marks at 30 yards and 60 yards, the one with the shorter measurements for peep to pin and peep to arrow would have the faster bow.

• Sitka Gear