Huntiam 11-Sep-22
Huntiam 11-Sep-22
SteveB 11-Sep-22
fdp 18-Sep-22
22-Aug-22

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo

Pat Lefemine's Link
Check out our review of the new Moultrie Mobile Edge cell cam. Quite an upgrade over previous models and zero issues after using 6 cams for several weeks and thousands of images. Watch video here:

22-Aug-22
Great review Pat! I love the onboard storage that automatically overwrites. These are on my wish list.

22-Aug-22
Looks like a good rival to the Reveal cams. How much per month?

22-Aug-22
Interesting… the no SD card is mostly fantastic. Having the camera choose a carrier not so much. There is so much more to a mobile connection than signal strength. For instance 5 bars doesn’t necessary facilitate the speed, reliability, accessibility, or retainability of any cellular network. Not all networks in all areas are built the same.

At first glance the data plan is more expensive than most I have used. That would probably even out though without the need to mess with SD cards. Memory at those levels are cheap too bad they didn’t make it 32 gig.

I think I will purchase one and hang it right next to one of my reveals.

22-Aug-22
RIT, internal storage never runs out. It just overwrites the oldest files. I have had zero connection issues across three different states including some very weak signal areas that I was unable to use a cell cam before.

22-Aug-22
Pat do you think these surpass the deltas you and I talked about before?

22-Aug-22
Yes, they are much better on features, storage, signal, ease of use - than the Delta Base (which were great cams) and no comparison with the original Delta Cams (which were awful).

22-Aug-22
Pat I don’t recall if you stated that in your review or if it’s what I read but I did see that after posting. I assume there is a way to connect to the internal HD to pull photos? I also read you get unlimited cloud storage also. I cannot speak to Moultrie cams because I have never owned one until a just now but I have had some “missed photos” that weren’t transmitted to me but were on the HD card.

My only concern with the camera choosing the provider is I know that AT&T has a tower closer to my farm but I prefer Verizon but that may be a non-issue.

22-Aug-22
RIT,

I asked Moultrie if there was a way to pull images off the internal storage and they told me there is not. What I do is I download the high resolution photo or video to my phone and that syncs to Whatever you want, like iCoud, OneDrive or your laptop.

22-Aug-22

Nice buck pic I just got
Nice buck pic I just got
Just got this photo an hour ago and it was worth saving.

22-Aug-22
Pat that might be a downer for a guy that has one really remote. I doubt it would be an issue for most. Thx for the info! Nice deer I feel like that camera location has provided a few photos worth saving.

22-Aug-22
I just ordered a solar panel also. I plan to hook it up to an external 12V battery and see how long it will go for. The goofy solar panel I got from Tactacam slides on top of the camera and locks into place. You cannot turn it so you have to face it into the sun. Dumbest design ever. At least Moultrie comes with a 4’ cord. I’ll put it in some seal tight to keep the rodents off of it. You can get 12V batteries and a bomb-proof box rather cheap as long as you don’t purchase them from the camera manufacturers.

22-Aug-22
Pat,

If I understand it correctly, it sends vids too?

What are the initial impressions on battery life?

Thanks...John

22-Aug-22
Yes, it captures 15 second video clips. The App displays the thumbnail and you can choose to download them.

So far I’m still at 100% battery life and that includes the cams without an external battery pack.

I am using 16 fresh Lithium batteries in every cam. So far battery life seems really good.

22-Aug-22
Pat...thanks. I have several of the earlier Moultrie solar panels. Do you think they will work on these new cams?

Edit: I just looked on the website...it looks like they will.

22-Aug-22
Yes, all the solar panels and battery boxes are compatible.

23-Aug-22
Thanks for the review Pat. Just ordered a two pack......

23-Aug-22
How expensive is the fee to have it send videos or pictures? Guess I could look it up on there website, but since it's here.

24-Aug-22
I got 2 of them and I’ll be honest they have worked great..they do not pick up signal as good as the previous moultrie cel cams in my area this is a fact …

26-Aug-22
Thanks for the review Pat. I just happened to need two new cameras. They got delivered today and I'll set them up this weekend.

27-Aug-22
For you guys that have the 2022 Moultrie Mobile app, how do you like it? Some of the app reviews are hit and miss.

27-Aug-22
I’ve had the app for several years and it’s been updated every year I really like the weather and the map functionality. Works for me. I have read some comments that it’s not as modern as some apps but then I’m not really modern either

29-Aug-22
So if you can't get reception then you are out of luck since you can't pull a card. My property reception is terrible. I still would like to see how the reception stacks up against tactacam so I think I will pick one up and if it doesn't work at my place I have some other areas with better reception where I bet this thing would shine. If you have good reception, the lack of an SD card sounds awesome. Thanks for the review.

29-Aug-22
I read a few early 2022 reviews about the app itself having some issues. IAW the Moultrie tech rep, one issue was addressed by a "patch". Not sure about the other issues??

29-Aug-22
I have a Moultrie 7000i and it’s been issue after issue since day one, constant connection issues even though the app. Is telling me my signal is good, and the app. Itself is always crashing. Another issue is the picture quality, they are always blurry and grainy unless you “request” a Hi-res image. The photos you posted look pretty clear, are they Hi-res pictures? Hopefully with the new cameras they finally have all these issues figured out.

10-Sep-22
TTT

10-Sep-22

RIT's embedded Photo
RIT's embedded Photo
So far not very impressive.

Any photo from first light until about 11:00 am looks like fog city. There is nothing in the gasket and the door seals as well as one would expect. I have moved the camera 3 times and tried varying heights and angles. No bueno!

I do like the app. It’s advanced as they come. I have not figured everything out but that is a work in progress. The video is really good for the few I have requested. I can’t seem to figure out how to request just the HD photo. I only have the option to request the video. Several hours poking around Moultries FAQs and forums haven’t yielded any results. I have a Moultrie made video for the exact process but my app is different than what they show in the video. I am going to contact Moultrie about the fog like affect on all morning photos.

In haste to get the camera out I didn’t use lithium batteries. It’s close and is not a bother to change them. They don’t last long and with that said normally I would use Lithiums so this isn’t really a negative.

I have a second camera to put out yet so that should improve the odds of getting a few decent photos. I would imagine if a guy had enough of them out eventually you would have to have a few worthy photos to post. To be fair I have a couple newer Tactacams running this year that have been less than stellar. I also have several Reconyx cell cams that I didn’t not put out yet. They are dependable but expensive. If it wasn’t for the Reconyx data plans I’d probably stick with them.

The no SD card is special. I like it a lot. The biggest bother for me is the crappy morning photos to date. When I put out camera 2 it will be mounted next to a Tactacam.

10-Sep-22

RIT's embedded Photo
RIT's embedded Photo

10-Sep-22
Thanks for the real-time report/review. There is often a lot of humidity and temperature flux where I put my cams at the cabin. Lately it has been common for some of the cams over the plots or grass fields in certain spots to get the condensation build up over the outside of the clear lens window. It's only happens in the mornings. Once the sun comes up, the condensation burns off. I don't see that as abnormal. If it is on the inside....then that is a problem with the door, lens or IR light seal somewhere. From time to time I do get some ants inside the cams. They are coming in thru the power plug hole on the bottom I believe.

10-Sep-22

BOWNUT's embedded Photo
BOWNUT's embedded Photo

10-Sep-22

BOWNUT's embedded Photo
BOWNUT's embedded Photo

10-Sep-22

BOWNUT's embedded Photo
BOWNUT's embedded Photo
No problem so far. I have two cameras out and both have only two bar's and sometimes only one.

10-Sep-22
8 batteries lots of photos and still showing full.

10-Sep-22

BOWNUT's embedded Photo
BOWNUT's embedded Photo

10-Sep-22
I have the delta base and just got the edge and put it out. So far I think then photo quality is far better overall with the delta. Anyone have the same comparison with the two?

11-Sep-22
I’ve had every cell cam moultrie has ever made …these are the best quality pics ..but crappy signal around here and these won’t pick up places the previous models did

11-Sep-22

Huntiam 's embedded Photo
Day
Day
Night
Night

11-Sep-22
Cabelas has a 2 pack for $149 right now.

18-Sep-22

• Sitka Gear