PoudreCanyon 23-Aug-22
PoudreCanyon 23-Aug-22
WV Mountaineer 23-Aug-22
Corax_latrans 23-Aug-22
Grunt-N-Gobble 23-Aug-22
Cheesehead Mike 24-Aug-22
Whatthefoc 24-Aug-22
22-Aug-22
Soooooooo sick of all the political chit on BS.....gotta post some hunting threads.

My new gear for this year is a pair of Timberline waterproof mid calf boots. Trying something light and comfy vs the standard full leather foot torture devices (LOWA) I wear for more challenging terrain.

A water bottle holster for my nalgene bottle. I've relied upon my camel bak systems entirely over the years. Time to try a hip pocket water source and carry less water weight on my back. This one was $15 so y the f not? eh? Hoser.

Sitka hoody with integrated face mask, superlight so not super warm. But a nice extra layer I think. Happy with the purchase and looking forward to trying it out.

Reloaded on a spray can of Nose Jammer. Jaq tested and approved....good 'nuf fer me. Laf if you like but I have been happy with it in the field and it makes my unwashed body tolerable for days.

What chu got Willis?!

22-Aug-22
The same shit I’ve been using for at least a decade, grasshopper. You’ll get there.

;-)

Matt

22-Aug-22
new knife, new chinese braodheads

partner said "hey lets go old school and get rid of the 15# pack full of crap we never use and binos we don't need," so I bought a waist pack from rei and it holds everything I need from calls, kill kit, rangefinder, extras, etc and total weight is 4.0#.

22-Aug-22
Wore out my old backpack. Shoulder strap worn halfway thru and some hard plastic inside was rubbing me raw.

Bought a new stone glacier frame and bag. Super light day pack with load shelf i can haul a quarter with. Also made in the USA. Win win.

I wonder if i can buy new shoulder straps for old pack? Other than that it isnt bad.

22-Aug-22
I’m tired of cold feet so I bought a pair of Mudd boots in case it snows. Other than that, I’ll pretty much echo GG.

22-Aug-22
New underwear

22-Aug-22
Same as CNELK. Also bought a new head lamp.

22-Aug-22
How about you Grey Ghost? Same decade old underwear too?

22-Aug-22
Bought new wool pants as old ones are getting kind of thread bare. Maybe I'll have to hold off shooting something early so I can try them out during November and December? Hoping not to need them in October?

22-Aug-22

WapitiBob's Link
forgot about the $20 headlamp; same thing peax sells for $90.

23-Aug-22
^^^ Ha, I got the same one! Lol…I was like $90, no way and Duck Duck Go was like nope, here you go!

23-Aug-22
Hey Brad, does the word “Commando” ring a bell? ;-)

23-Aug-22
HECS suit for me.

23-Aug-22
Carlton Cow call and just all my old reliable gear.

Kind of funny but I did just order a new 6 pack of underwear, not just for hunting in my mind at the time though.

Good luck, Robb

23-Aug-22
New maddog longbow.

23-Aug-22
Brad, got a link? :-)

23-Aug-22
Went all out. New latex bands for power bugle and getting a haircut Thursday. Oh, and washed both pair of underwear. Good to go.

23-Aug-22
I'am a diehard recurve / longbow guy but sometimes I feel like pulling the trigger and ordering me an Oneida Eagle Phoenix in black . Never owned a " O" lever bow .

23-Aug-22
I picked up 6 new diaphragms. I think that’s it.

23-Aug-22
Everything!!!

23-Aug-22
I'm shooting wood arrows this fall. After shooting carbon and aluminum arrows since 1986, it's impressive to see how the wood arrows fly and group at 20 and 25 yards.

23-Aug-22
Mostly same old stuff. But what I need last minute is a new sleeping pad. The thin little thermarest ain’t cutting it anymore. Anyone have a recommendation? It would be for backpacking.

23-Aug-22
All my tree saddle gear. All fits in a little pack (including the tree steps), less than 10 pounds, and will get me 20+ feet up almost any tree.

Hopefully a game changer, for evening hunts in Wyoming this Season.

23-Aug-22
Have a pair of Sig Zulu 6's on order.

23-Aug-22
Taking my saddle gear this year as well.

Also, just ordered a new Bushnell Broadhead rangefinder and will be shooting Sevr broadheads.

23-Aug-22
My problem is boredom waiting for season to arrive...which I tend to fill with dreaming of new gear I probably don't need. ugh LOL

23-Aug-22
WapitiBob, thanks for the link on the head lamp!

Just ordered one, $24.98 shipped to my house in PA.

23-Aug-22
enjoy ang have a fun hunt

23-Aug-22
Put a new Hamskea Trinity rest on my bow a couple months ago. That's about it for new gear I believe...

23-Aug-22
Onx is brand new to me... spending alot of time with my new toy! Also ordered two battery packs... Question is did I add extra weight with the battery packs for phone when my GPS was working just fine! Ha! I like the Onx so far for the scouting, creating maps, and dropping pins all over the place.

23-Aug-22
I recently got a Kowa 554 Spotting Scope. Absolutely unreal edge to edge clarity, color rendition, contrast, brightness for a compact 55 mm spotter. Really clear all the way to 45x. Less than 2#. STOKED! Only minor gripe is a small FOV compared to binos but that is not a biggy if you are using it to size up a critter only after glassing them up. If you like to "glass" with a spotting scope this might not be the best choice.

23-Aug-22
Bought a pair of Lowa Camino GTX boots. Was looking for something between my Renegades and Tibets. Hopefully, these fit the bill.

23-Aug-22
SteriPen

23-Aug-22
Hey Paul would you say the Lowa's run true to size ? Or did you end up going up or down ?

23-Aug-22
"Bought a pair of Lowa Camino GTX boots. Was looking for something between my Renegades and Tibets. Hopefully, these fit the bill".

Ended up with 2 pairs of these (Caminos) for the Season, I always go a half size up from my normal shoe size. Good fit, and a great boot so far.

23-Aug-22
2 new diaphragm calls and a new rangefinder to replace the old bushnell scout. Everything else the same.

23-Aug-22
New FHF gear bino harness and a new Vortex rangefinder. Have a half dozen FMJ’s getting refletched/ nocks replaced/ inserted at the local shop as we speak…

23-Aug-22
New FHF gear bino harness and a new Vortex rangefinder. Have a half dozen FMJ’s getting refletched/ nocks replaced/ inserted at the local shop as we speak…

23-Aug-22
I intialky forgot all about my new saddle gear. I’ve bought the Skeletor sticks from tethrd, a madrock belay, and a 35’ length of rappelling rope. Broke down and bought an ooal Bob Bob one stick too. Spent the last few weekends getting comfortable with the gear. I’m going to really enjoy whitetail hunting this year.

23-Aug-22
If I were to take a deer per year with each of the legal-hunting-weight bows in the house, I’d be on an 8-year rotation….

About all I need to replace is boots and socks from time to time. Oh, and arrows. I go through a CRAPLOAD of arrows in practice sessions… But then I take a lot of shots that the Compound guys won’t take even after lasering the range, so I figure I’m having WAY more fun than they are…. ;)

23-Aug-22
Crispi Thor II boots, some new First Lite items, sidebar stabilizer and Vortex 125gr broadheads.

24-Aug-22
Not new but I also have Lowa Camino's and they fit nicely between my Renegades and Hanwag Alaska's (very similar to Lowa Tibet). For me the length is true to size but I always get the wide widths. The Camino's are my go to boot when not hauling a heavy pack.

24-Aug-22
New broadhead arrow combo and … shhhhh Swaro ATX65.

• Sitka Gear