Jaquomo 29-Aug-22
fdp 18-Sep-22
milnrick 18-Sep-22
Saxon 18-Sep-22
Starfire 18-Sep-22
Zbone 18-Sep-22
Fuzzy 19-Sep-22
24-Aug-22
If so, are the latest chips capable of being tracked on a cell phone, GPS, SAT phone etc.?

24-Aug-22
No, they say there are certain apps, but they aren't really effective! Even some vets and pet stores like Petco can't really detect every chip. A GPS collar is the only way to go!

24-Aug-22
My 6mo old Lab has a PetLink chip. Your question made me think, so I logged in and to answer your question...no, I cannot track him with that chip. Their website did have a GPS link however, and it's for new a device/collar(I believe) with which he could be tracked. It will supposedly provide location within 30sec, battery good for a month at home, or 7 days on the road, or 10hrs "on the run"? I signed up for a trial, not sure what steps are next but they'll email me.

25-Aug-22
My bird dog was chipped but no gps. A vet would need to scan her to get any information.

25-Aug-22
Yes and no. Maybe a "air tag" on the collar would work.

25-Aug-22
All my labs are chipped. No gps or tracking devices out there in that style that i am aware of. The only option for tracking remotely is still a collar, as far as i am aware.

25-Aug-22
Our dogs are chipped and they wear Halo collars that are GPS and eliminate the need for invisible fences. I can track them and set a fence for them anywhere using my phone.

25-Aug-22
My lab is chipped. He likes Doritos best but he's not picky.

I have a Garmin Alpha GPS collar for him for when we are out and about where separation is possible, IE hiking or hunting. It links to my Garmin watch and will show me at a glance exactly where he is with an arrow and distance from me. Would not do much if he was stolen or similar but a great tool for when in the field.

25-Aug-22
No sir. I don’t need the government knowing what my dog does in the privacy of her own home

26-Aug-22
Yes my GSP German Shorthair Pointer is..

26-Aug-22
My lab was chipped three years ago as a pup, but no tracking ability with the chip.

26-Aug-22
GPS tracking requires a power source. Chips are too small to have that. Many of them do report their temperature but you still need a scanner.

26-Aug-22
Supernatural for the win! I wonder if I can finance 3 of them thru the bank?!!

Man, I really need to catch up on my technological insufficiencies!

26-Aug-22
My chocolate lab is.

27-Aug-22

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Yes chipped, no to being able to track her without my Garmin Pro 550 Plus…She’s a GSP and a bird finding machine, so that’s the only way to go, at least for me…

28-Aug-22
They now have GPS collars, you can track what your dog does all day...8^)

29-Aug-22

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Mine is, with a sub-Q chip as a pup.

I had a GPS tracker on my daughter's car after she turned 16. Boy, was she surprised when we confronted her with all the places she had gone and the speeds she was driving when supposedly "staying over at a friend's house"!

18-Sep-22

18-Sep-22

milnrick's embedded Photo
milnrick's embedded Photo
Yes, our lab is chipped.

18-Sep-22
No but I am. Wife caught me foolin' around a few years ago.

18-Sep-22
No but they have GPD collars. $100 ea and $5 a month but I can't get my wife to wear it.

18-Sep-22

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
milnrick - Cool looking lab, reminds me of one I had of English bloodlines back in the day...

Here's my Elsa, a 5 year old female Teckel of Germany bloodlines... Had her chipped when she was a pup...

19-Sep-22
no but he's a little cracked

• Sitka Gear