hunt forever 06-Sep-22
Zbone 06-Sep-22
Zbone 06-Sep-22
Jims 06-Sep-22
hunt forever 08-Sep-22
IABowhunter74 08-Sep-22
fdp 18-Sep-22
05-Sep-22
Where's the best location and outfitter for a pure Merriam turkey bow hunt? My understanding is that the numbers have dropped recently in Nebraska.

05-Sep-22
Some areas have, but I've got more Merriams than ever so far it seems. Pm me if you want more information.

06-Sep-22
NW Nebraska. My friend Dan Casey operates www.ddtrophydeer.com

Has plenty of them.

06-Sep-22
I hear Wyoming is doing really well.

06-Sep-22
Thought NE birds were all mixed without true bloodlines?

06-Sep-22
Oops, sorry for double post...

06-Sep-22
You may want to do a bunch of research on different areas. There have been so many transplants over the years that many states and areas within states are mixes. I think it's pretty safe to say that it's getting tougher each year to find pure merriams anywhere in the Western US. Your safest bet is to find some secluded areas where there haven't been any stocking where it would be nearly impossible for rios wandering in along drainages. The national turkey foundation has a map of distribution but even it is pretty dated.

08-Sep-22
I hear Wyoming is doing really well.

08-Sep-22
Without a doubt western South Dakota. I was just outside of Wasta, SD and never seen so many turkeys in my life. All of the turkeys were pure white tipped. I would be cautious about Nebraska. Being a Nebraska resident, the state is full of hybrids. I am sure you can get into pockets of pure merriams in the northwest corner of the state though.

18-Sep-22

• Sitka Gear