hunt forever 06-Sep-22
bigeasygator 06-Sep-22
BOHNTR 06-Sep-22
BOHNTR 06-Sep-22
BOWUNTR 09-Sep-22
MrPoindexter 09-Sep-22
Treeline 10-Sep-22
05-Sep-22
What regions does P&Y and SCI consider to be Central Canadian Barren Ground Caribou?? I read somewhere that SCI didn't consider Greenland but I can't confirm that for sure.

06-Sep-22
P&Y and Grand Slam Club accept Greenland caribou as Central Canada Barren Ground Caribou.

No idea on SCI.

06-Sep-22

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo
This is what SCI and GSCO show for boundaries.

06-Sep-22

Nick Muche's Link

06-Sep-22
I have been informed that SCI does not accept Greenland at all for CCBG. A simple glance of the record books shows not a single caribou from Greenland, which is pretty compelling secondary evidence for me since I cannot really find the exact reason in writing why they don't accept them.

06-Sep-22

MrPoindexter's embedded Photo
SCI Caribou Map
MrPoindexter's embedded Photo
SCI Caribou Map
This is the actual SCI map for Caribou. I think the picture above from @huntinelk was just for GSCO.

06-Sep-22
Thanks everyone!! I just found thst same Map from SCI. I wonder why they don't accept Greenland at all?

06-Sep-22
Nick, based on that description it looks like B&C doesn’t count Greenland either (and I would think the same would be said for P&Y if that’s the case). I could be misreading it, but that’s what I got out of it.

06-Sep-22
Hunt forever:

The Pope and Young Club accepts caribou from Greenland as CCBG caribou. B&C does not.

Roy Grace

P&Y Records Chairman

06-Sep-22

09-Sep-22
B&C would consider it if they received a potential entry... so far they have not. SCI accepts pen raised animals... not sure why Greenland is out of bounds for them. Ed F

09-Sep-22
Pen raised?

10-Sep-22
Yes. SCI accepts pen raised animals.

There used to be a place by Gunnison, CO that had all kinds of penned animals - including caribou, mountain goats, sheep, muskox, yaks, bison, and who knows what else in small, high fenced pens.

They were selling “hunts” for those animals that were legal for entry in SCI. Some of the pens were only an acre or maybe smaller.

Had to be an absolutely miserable existence for the animals.

SCI is definitely not about Fair Chase.

• Sitka Gear