Beav 08-Sep-22
wytex 08-Sep-22
WYOelker 08-Sep-22
Murph 08-Sep-22
wytex 08-Sep-22
Quinn @work 08-Sep-22
fdp 18-Sep-22
07-Sep-22
Looking for any helpful info on region w for Wyoming deer 82 looks good to me but have never seen it

07-Sep-22
lol, good luck with your quest. What have you got to offer in exchange for this free info you seek?

07-Sep-22
Nothing to offer to you, but thanks for the reminder of why I don’t waste time on forums… Maybe the request is misleading if you interpret it as asking for gps coordinates or a pin on where to kill a deer that’s definetly not it just general info like what a guy can expect to see or not access issues etc

08-Sep-22
I know Murph personally and he has done a lot of research on the unit and has killed a lot of shit with his bow. I was the one who said put a feeler out on this site as I've received a lot of help from here as well as given plenty. Good luck Murph!

08-Sep-22
Sorry, some folks have nothing to offer but attitude. Lots of folks but a few good deer over there. You'll need to get away from roads as much as possible to avoid the masses. Remember the 3 pt restriction, brow tines count. The gal at the bar in Encampment has decent food, Saratoga has the free hot spring soaking pool too.

Good luck! I'd buy a game bird license too, grouse of different species can be found over that way.

08-Sep-22
Spent almost 20 days in the unit so far this year. Have not found a good buck yet. Tons of dinks and opening weekend every where was crawling with people. The heat had deer already bedded before the sun came up and most were still bedded as it set.

Good luck but having hunted the area since the early 2000s my expectations for deer is really low. My son age 12 is having a blast as he does not have to worry about point restrictions…. There are good bucks someplace, but we sure have not found any in 82 this year in our usual spots…

08-Sep-22
Thanks for the comments guys don’t have a ton of expectation with only a week to hunt but after talking to the biologist out of Baggs sounds like it worked out that I couldn’t make it for the opener with the extreme high temps the area has experienced, leaving for that area in a week so hopefully the more seasonal weather will increase activity

08-Sep-22
I would listen to this guy^^^^^ And the bar with food is in Riverside, sorry. Hope your son finds a buck to take WYOelker, and good luck Murph.

08-Sep-22

18-Sep-22

• Sitka Gear