DanaC 09-Sep-22
Buck Watcher 09-Sep-22
JL 09-Sep-22
Bowfreak 09-Sep-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 09-Sep-22
ahunter76 09-Sep-22
fdp 18-Sep-22
09-Sep-22
Has anyone rigged up something to help transport a double ladder through the woods? I’m thinking of attaching wheels or something to one to get it back into the woods. The area I am taking it to has logging roads for access but it is no ATV use. Has anyone ever rigged up something like this and if so where did you round up your parts?

09-Sep-22
Generally speaking...........if alone, make multiple trips with sections.........or, get some help.

I guess with a flat type area with a road system, you could drill some holes at the top section and add a couple appropriate sized wheels and pull with the bottom section. I just don't have areas like that.

Good luck........let us know what you settle on.

09-Sep-22

DanaC's Link
Could bungee it to one of these

09-Sep-22
Otter sled works if you take it apart. Stay off the sandy areas to make pulling easier.

09-Sep-22
I have moved single and double stands ratchet strapped to deer carts.

This doesn't do ya any good but last week I moved one assembled on my ATV. I strapped the seat to the back of the ATV rack, let the 12' ladder portion drag on the ground. Surprisingly....it worked real good dragging it thru the woods.

If your terrain allows, you may be able to do something similar with a deer cart...strap the seat to the cart and let the ladder portion drag on the ground while you pull it.

09-Sep-22
Thanks all. I had planned on taking it in sections. The main portion with the seat is too heavy for me to want to pack it in. I wondered if I could rig up some kind of way to attach it to my deer cart. I'll see what I can come up with.

I am sure some of you all have the same issues I have. A couple of kids who love to shoot deer but don't really care to put in any work.

09-Sep-22
I ratchet strap to my deer cart OR where I have roads I use my salt water surf casting cart which has wheels ! Smaller but once strapped still works well.

09-Sep-22
I'm an old fart & I have used my game cart to haul doubles & single in. I bungee the sections together & to the seat section then Bungee, ratchet all to my hauler. ONE TRIP. With fire lanes or cut path should be pretty easy. I have seen them with wheels too. I thought about this but had my cart. Anyway, If you had an axel & attached 20" kids bike tires to it, should work great. My idea anyway. Also, doing this, bungee all sections together & put the seat part just in front of the wheels (weight rides better back by wheels I would think). 1 year my adult son & I loaded 2 15 foot singe & 1 15 foot double on my cart. It was A LOAD but we managed getting it out of the woods together My kid did have a pretty wild ride hanging on as he flew down a 45 degree hill 60+ yards long as I watched ONE was/is easy for me & I'm soon to be 81. If all else fails, strap it to a bicycle & walk it in.

18-Sep-22

• Sitka Gear