billygoat 11-Sep-22
Wv hillbilly 11-Sep-22
Lewis 11-Sep-22
Wv hillbilly 25-Sep-22
Wv hillbilly 25-Sep-22
drycreek 25-Sep-22
Missouribreaks 25-Sep-22
10-Sep-22
Good luck to everyone out or heading out! We just crossed into Kansas heading west. After the 300 hour drive across the state we’ll be on a mountain Monday morning chasing elks. Hope everyone has a safe and successful season!

10-Sep-22
Good luck David. Hopefully you guys get into em

10-Sep-22
Good luck!

10-Sep-22
Thanks fellas. Matt I’ll shoot ya a message with the Garmin if we get something down.

10-Sep-22
We just left KS this morning and we will be hunting tomorrow morning.

Best of luck to you.

10-Sep-22
Good luck fellas. Please post up some pics of anything cool or pretty....chicks included! :-))

11-Sep-22

billygoat's embedded Photo
billygoat's embedded Photo
I had a short early trip. Saw 9 elk and 12 hunters. That's 5-1/2 miles into a no motor, non-wilderness OTC unit.

It was good to get out. Next week going longer and deeper (days and miles, to be clear).

11-Sep-22

Wv hillbilly 's embedded Photo
This what ya looking for jl?
This what ya looking for jl?

11-Sep-22
Good luck stick a biggun Lewis

25-Sep-22

Buddy is in the pic by the red arrow. Closest we could get the bull to come was 125 yards. Dang good time
Buddy is in the pic by the red arrow. Closest we could get the bull to come was 125 yards. Dang good time
Thought I’d give a brief update. Had a great trip just got home. I had three opportunities and four encounters. I screwed it up each time. Was a lot of fun with family and friends. Not many bugles except at night. Lot of pressure in the areas we were at. Elk weren’t responding to calls. Can’t wait for next year to get here to get at them again.

25-Sep-22

Five years later just walking by and found it like this.
Five years later just walking by and found it like this.
Made it to the spot I killed one in 2017. Not nearly the sign as back then. Walking out I wasn’t looking for it but found the broadhead I shot a bull with back then. I found the broken arrow while trailing the bull but couldn’t find the bh.

25-Sep-22
Good luck and shoot straight !

25-Sep-22

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Good Luck everyone. Months of prep and practice and it goes by quick. I just returned from our elk hunt. 3 other guys hunted with Muzzleloaders and I packed my takedown recurve. My friends son and my Son in Law were after their first bulls. As I tend to do every year. I didn’t carry my bow until the person I’m helping gets their animal. My Son in Law missed a herd bull at 90 with a rushed shot Then couldn’t put it all together on another good opportunity. Then as elk hunting goes. Thermal shifts, other unseen animals spooking the target animal. ETC, ETC. He did not bring home his bull. But had a great time. Never quit and hunted hard every minute we could. He’s already to return.

My friends son shot a nice 6 point satellite bull at 80 yds. This is the first group he saw and his first opportunity and he got it done.

We told them to check this basin out as it had a good herd in it. and this was the same herd my son in law had the herd bull at 50 yards. But another animal spooked the cows as he was preparing to shoot.

Enjoy your time chasing them. Sitting on the sidelines now cheering you guys on.

25-Sep-22
Good luck to all of you !

• Sitka Gear