spike78 13-Sep-22
tobywon 13-Sep-22
spike78 13-Sep-22
tobywon 13-Sep-22
Catscratch 13-Sep-22
Zbone 13-Sep-22
fdp 18-Sep-22
12-Sep-22
Does anyone use an air fryer for venison? I'm assuming its not a particular method that lends itself very well to venison, just wondering if anyone does or has attempted? If so, post up any good recipes?

12-Sep-22
We tried and it and to be honest we didn't like it. (and we are fans of the airfryer). It seems, and maybe it is different with different makes/models or temperature, that the texture just doesn't end up the same when it is air fried. Kind of hard to explain.

12-Sep-22
I use it for making jerky. Does a great job. Also, I think trial and error is the way to go.

12-Sep-22
Burgers come out good on an air fryer grill cooked on high for 8 minutes.

12-Sep-22
We do it a lot with medallions. Use a cup of plain flour, two tablespoons of Tony Cacheres, bread them and pit in a cast iron skillet with half a stick of butter heated almost to smoke point, sear both sides and air fry 12 minutes

12-Sep-22

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
I cooked last years venison in my air fryer a few weeks ago for the first time and I can say it was the best I ever had. I put some butter on it and dumped Worcestershire sauce with salt and pepper fantastic! The trick is cooking it just right. I think I cooked mine for like 17 minutes but I cooked a back strap that was in one piece and not cut into steaks. See pic

12-Sep-22
Forgot I also used garlic powder.

12-Sep-22
Spike what temperature did you cook it at?

12-Sep-22
I think it was 350 but I have a button on mine that shows a meat symbol and I just press that. Try 350 and check at like 12-15 minutes and see where it’s at. I like mine bleeding alittle!

12-Sep-22
That looks delicious Spike. I’m gonna try that. I also like the idea of jerky in the air fryer. What’s your cooking time and recipe, Boris?

Matt

12-Sep-22
I'm going to give it another shot. I like it kinda' rare as well.

12-Sep-22
spike78 - What's the vegie, squash, zucchini?

I used to grill about everything on my Go-Anywhere gas grill until I got and air fryer, now the air fryer is about all I use...

13-Sep-22
Zbone that’s summer squash and I don’t recommend it in air fryer I could never get the skin soft. I grew that in the garden this year and omg what flavor.

13-Sep-22
Interesting, thanks for the input, I'll have to try to use it. My air fryer is underutilized for sure. Also sounds like its a bit of trial and error as well.

13-Sep-22
Toby, my air fryer sat in the kitchen for like two years before I finally decided to try it and I wish I tried it two years ago!

13-Sep-22
Thanks Spike, yes that's where I am now. Its really not used that often for any food and I know there are some good uses for it. The kids may use it on occasion for the frozen breaded chicken that I keep on hand in a pinch and they had me trying to copy Chick-fil-A nuggets with it, but other than that it sits unused.

13-Sep-22
I've grown to really like our air fryer for cooking steaks. No guesswork, they turn out right every time.

13-Sep-22
Thanks spike78...

18-Sep-22

• Sitka Gear