JL 16-Sep-22
spike78 17-Sep-22
DanaC 17-Sep-22
DanaC 17-Sep-22
Shuteye 17-Sep-22
JL 17-Sep-22
JL 17-Sep-22
13-Sep-22
I know this is bowsite, but there are a lot of good people on here with good information.

I am wondering if anyone knows a reliable online store to buy some 300 wsm ammo.

13-Sep-22

JL's Link
Quite a few folks shoot and reload here and have some great info.

Here is some .300 WSM

13-Sep-22
I just ordered some 300 Savage ammo from Rogers Sporting Goods in Missouri. Could not find anywhere , but they had plenty . My wife's rifle.

13-Sep-22
Thanks guys. I will take a look

13-Sep-22
I’ve ordered from Norma ammo before. Reasonable prices and shipping.

13-Sep-22
Try ammoseek.com - will give you a bunch of options, starting at the cheapest per round price.

13-Sep-22
I'm glad l have bunch left. I didn't know it's getting hard to find.

13-Sep-22
I've ordered things from Rogers Sporting Goods. Quick ship on everything I've ordered. They even called me once to make sure they were shipping me the right product.

13-Sep-22
Yea, I wish i would have stocked up. It is hard to find especially the 180 grain.

13-Sep-22
I use Midway USA but they were recently out of the ammo I use and I was able to find it online at Sportsman’s Warehouse. It arrived a few days after I ordered it.

13-Sep-22
Bghunter. Did you buy the 150 gr?

13-Sep-22
FWIW....if ya have several calibers that ya shoot often, ya may want to consider getting into reloading. There is an initial upfront cost but once you're past that....it's pretty cheap to make custom ammo for your guns. Plus you won't be a slave to the political times anymore.

14-Sep-22
Be aware all the credit card companies have just assigned a unique transaction code to FFL dealers, so your firearms purchases and ammo purchases can be easily traced. Cash is king.

Terry

14-Sep-22
Exact problem I had trying to buy 300wsm for my moose hunt. Midway Cabelas and the like have nothing. I went to the St. Louis Cabelas and their entire rifle ammo selection was on one side of one of the one of the store divider racks and half of that was 6.5 Creed and .308. Unbelievably poor hardly anyone in store. Springfield illinois Scheels had one brand. 180s really hard to find.

14-Sep-22
Yup unless your going for really big game you might as well just own a 308 or 30/06 cuz that’s about all you can find.

14-Sep-22
If I owned a 300wsm I would definitely be reloading it. You can find a Lee single stage press on EBay for cheap and their are plenty of 30 cal bullets out there. Only issue at the moment would be primers but once you get going your pretty much set for life.

14-Sep-22
Rogers or academy sports.

14-Sep-22
Cabelas had (some) primers when I went yesterday, buyers are still limited to one brick, one pound of powder per day etc. PITA when you live 50 miles away. (Ammo in any particular caliber is still hit-or-miss.)

I load with a RCBS Rock Chucker press fitted with the Lee quick-switch system for dies. Way more solid than the Lee I used for years, not too much more $$.

14-Sep-22
Thanks for all the help guys looks like I finally found some.

RK. I have some 165 that worked great on mule deer last year, but for I like the 180 I used in Africa. I have always favored a heavier bullet.

No that I am retired I have thought about reloading, but I currently don't shoot enough to really justify it, but I do need a hobby now lol.

14-Sep-22
Graf and Sons is another great source

15-Sep-22
https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/219?

15-Sep-22
bghunter, if you reload you'll find yourself shooting more, as you work up loads and test them for accuracy. (But don't let anyone tell you you'll "save money" ;-) )

15-Sep-22
"Save money" LOL.. NO way.. That is just the excuse you tell yourself to justify buying the reloader... It's a lie!!

15-Sep-22
Yeah, I lied to myself 35 + years ago and haven't 'saved' a penny yet. But it's been fun.

15-Sep-22
I tried to purchase a little hand LEE Hand Reloader in 300WSM like I have for my 45-70 . You know the one's that go for 40 bucks more or less however they don't offer it in 300WSM . Loading is slow , but I weigh everything against each etc and get them down pretty precise . They look nice too , for a $40 dollar loader .

16-Sep-22
Gun broker is a good source,just had a 300wsm built and wanted a variety of factory ammo to test and gather some brass. I ordered from Reed and Sons ,and one other from Wisconsin .Not too expensive and they had lots. Quick shipping 0 problems.

16-Sep-22
I have same issue same ammo Why doesn't Winchester or others make it in bulk?

16-Sep-22
The Fed. agencies bought $millions of ammo. I know a gent that work for Federal Ammo and there has been pallets of ammo that moved out of their warehouse. The only suggestion is to buy them when seen and sale the brass for reloading, the cost is no joke just to go out and target practice, pulling the string on the arrow is heck a lot cheaper.

16-Sep-22
They could be keeping the supply low to keep the prices up? Or like mentioned above...the govt is still needing to get their reserve's back up. Could be a lot went to Ukraine??

17-Sep-22
Vaquero I use those to load .308 yes they are slow but I get nice accurate loads out of them.

17-Sep-22
What's a new hobby cost these days? Right now you can buy a RCBS 'Rock Chucker' for about $150. Add in a Lee Lock-n-load system for $20 and a set of dies for about $50. Powder measure and small electric scale, another $100. Plenty of free loading data out there or you can buy a manual, or use both.

If you save $20 a box loading your own it will take a couple years to recoup your cost.

17-Sep-22

DanaC's Link
The Rock Chucker press has been replaced in the RCBS line-up by the 'Rebel', slightly heavier and wider, but there are plenty of RC's out there. Used ones on e-bay are selling for almost new prices, they hold their value well. If anyone ever broke one I'd like to know how! (My old Lee turret press failed after 30 years, pos... ;-) )

17-Sep-22
Try Cheaper Than Dirt, they have lots of ammo. I was just in my local gun store and they have plenty of Winchester 350 legend ammo but it is $35 for a box of 20. Fortunately I have enough to last the rest of my life.

17-Sep-22
^....I was just sighting in my buddy's new 350 Legend yesterday and his young son was trying to shoot it today. Still a little too much recoil for him. I seen that ammo locally for the mid to high $20's locally.

17-Sep-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Ref the RC....this just posted today up on Discord.

I was at the range today to do some testing on my 6.5 PRC and help my buddy's son. It was packed and waiting in line. A lot of young guys were there shooting. It's Whack-a-Doe Weekend here and I guess some are just now checking their guns. I went back home and will try again later.

• Sitka Gear