JohnMC 13-Sep-22
Zbone 13-Sep-22
Corax_latrans 14-Sep-22
WV Mountaineer 14-Sep-22
13-Sep-22

JohnMC's Link
Hope the guy is ok.

13-Sep-22
",,,when they heard a hunter had made contact with a moose and had serious, life-threatening injuries"

Sounds more like the moose contacted him? Hope he will be alright.

13-Sep-22
Wonder if he wounded it first, doesn't say...

13-Sep-22
Zbone it does says "The hunter was bow hunting the animal, missed and was then attacked by the moose."

13-Sep-22
Yeah, but a "miss" could mean missed the vitals he was shooting at... Maybe got too close to a pizzed off wounded animal... Would like to know the real truth about it...

14-Sep-22
You don’t need to poke a bull in the eye (or anywhere else) to have a Situation with a bull moose…

My brother and I ran across a bull one morning, and you could tell he was just dying to find somebody’s ass to kick. NOT “looking for an excuse to” ; just the opportunity would suffice….

So my brother knelt down, hid behind the barrel of his .58, and froze like a cottontail until the bull apparently decided that there was no ass there to be kicked after all. He may have been guarding a hot cow, I suppose….

But that was one helluva stand-off at about 5 yards…. That’s the only time I ever felt potentially undergunned while carrying my .54…

Hope the guy’s alright. Kinda surprised, though, that nobody had figured out the need for a tourniquet sooner than the deputy.

14-Sep-22
I read it as he missed it entirely. Assumption only as I’m sure the great journalists we have today would have included that as a juicy tidbit of info.

The first lesson they taught in college level creative writing was to create a story to captivate the audience. I agree that a moose linebacker sacking a would be hunter and intended killer is cause enough to read on. But, there is zero chance the author left out the wounded part.

On a serious note, I pray the guy heals quickly and completely.

• Sitka Gear