Bigpizzaman 14-Sep-22
fuzzy 14-Sep-22
greg simon 14-Sep-22
spike buck 14-Sep-22
spike buck 14-Sep-22
t-roy 14-Sep-22
fdp 18-Sep-22
14-Sep-22
There used to be a "bloke from down under" who posted camel hunt stories here. Said he had them processed into bologna. I'd give it a try.

14-Sep-22
Nice hump on that one!!!

14-Sep-22
Gotta be careful when shooting them. They have an unusually large void area.

14-Sep-22
lol T-Roy… I’d love to hunt them in the Out back!

14-Sep-22

midwest's Link
Just make sure the jockey is off first. Same with goats.

benno was the aussie that posted all those hunts on here. Really good stories and pics.

See my link for one.

14-Sep-22

midwest's Link
Another...

14-Sep-22
Camels are about like the feral horses in the Western US, destructive to the landscape. I was down under touring underground mines 30 yrs ago and got an invite to go bowhunt one that weekend near Mt Isa. Unfortunately had to go down to Tasmania or I would have taken the guy up on it. Guess they can be pretty tough...to die and maybe chew.

14-Sep-22
What's the prime cut on a camel? I've heard good things about the toe oddly enough...

14-Sep-22
LMAO @ greg!!!!!

14-Sep-22
I thought the thread would be about using them as pack animals instead of llamas...

14-Sep-22
Oh geez Greg, funny right there!!! So many responses to that comment, but I must refrain :)

14-Sep-22
Good on 'em. No different than thinning out invasive feral hogs in the southern USA.

14-Sep-22
hmmmm not sure about this.....

14-Sep-22
I was going to be down in Perth for a bit. After looking for potential hunting in the area I found that camels were on the list… I definitely was going to try and skewer one if I had gone. Will still plan on it if I am down there for any length of time! And hopefully can make a buffalo hunt with Tyler if the stars align!

14-Sep-22
Thos things are half neck/head and half hump. Crazy.

14-Sep-22
Greg Simon won the internet for today!

14-Sep-22
Treeman and I are headed down in July to do this hunt with Mic, we’ll post story/pics!

14-Sep-22
Yep "Benno" was the handle. Bigpizzaman good luck and safe travels

14-Sep-22
Bigpizzaman, Treeman, I want to see close ups of those camel toes!!!

14-Sep-22
As soon as I jumped on our Camel I took this toe picture in the next post... Ayers Rock.

We had a choice of either hiking, mountain bike or rent a Camel to get to Ayers Rock. We chose camel. At the end of the treck we had a buffet of all the animals in the Outback. Camel was on the buffet. I thought it was good. BUT, Camel is one of the worst for Trichinosis. Crocodile was the worst for taste!!

While in the Outback, the Camels were way over populated so while we were there they conducted a Camel Cull

14-Sep-22

spike buck's embedded Photo
Ayers Rock..
Ayers Rock..

14-Sep-22
Spike’s pic of the camel toes, reminds of one of my old girlfriends……..Not as many calluses, though.

18-Sep-22

• Sitka Gear