greg simon 14-Sep-22
hdaman 14-Sep-22
SBH 14-Sep-22
SBH 14-Sep-22
9er 15-Sep-22
WV Mountaineer 15-Sep-22
Footshooter 17-Sep-22
14-Sep-22
Smarba's thread on his Swaro attachment got me thinking but I didn't want to hijack.

Here's my question.........I have a Sirui tripod, Swaro scope and binos. No issues with attachments there. What I'm wondering is if there is an attachment I can put on the tripod that will work for a rifle as a shooting support. Yes I know it's BOWsite but I've still got youngsters coming up and the old .243 will get some rounds thrown. Would be nice to just carry one tripod if possible. Any ideas? Thanks!

14-Sep-22

smarba's embedded Photo
smarba's embedded Photo
I just cut a u-shaped piece of wood, wrapped it with foam tape and screwed an extra tripod plate into it. Works like a charm. Plastic or aluminum would also work. I don't have a photo handy, but just copy something from an online photo. I prefer a U-shape vs V-shape, as my rifle seems to sit in it better. I'll try to get a photo, but sketch looks like this.

14-Sep-22
May look at the bog death grip ultra lite mount.

14-Sep-22
Thanks Karl! American ingenuity at its best right there.

Yes I looked at the big death grip and have used one before. They are awesome and Would work fine but i was hoping to not buy another tripod. Plus those things are heavy compared to my Sirui. Trying to find a way to make it work with what I have already.

14-Sep-22
You can buy a Y shaped rifle rest that has a threaded female in the bottom and just screw on a plate that mounts to your tripod head. Cheap and east.

14-Sep-22

smarba's embedded Photo
smarba's embedded Photo

smarba's Link
yeah there are plenty of relatively cheap options to buy also.

14-Sep-22

Matt's embedded Photo
Matt's embedded Photo

14-Sep-22
Love it. Thanks gentleman

14-Sep-22
Outdoorsman makes some good rifle rests for tripods. They are nice but far from low priced.

14-Sep-22
Fyi-Can buy just the death grip head w/o the tripod.

14-Sep-22

Yes I looked at the big death grip and have used one before. They are awesome and Would work fine but i was hoping to not buy another tripod. Plus those things are heavy compared to my Sirui. Trying to find a way to make it work with what I have already.

14-Sep-22

15-Sep-22
Triclawps or Hog saddle

They definitely help steady the rifle, but from what I’ve experienced it doesn’t totally eliminate the shake.

15-Sep-22

WV Mountaineer's Link
Scott, it’s been my experience that a tent stake type bipod is easier for kids to shoot with. It allows them to huddle up and get their back elbow resting on their knee or thigh when settled in. Making for a much better rest for those longer shots. Applies to adults to. If that back elbow is floating, accuracy is going to differ dramatically. See the link.

17-Sep-22
Look into spartan precision they make several products from a new ball head to an Arca adaptor and rifle attachment. Really good stuff, and you can do as little or as much as you want with it.

• Sitka Gear