Murph 14-Sep-22
BUCKeye 15-Sep-22
Pyrannah 15-Sep-22
RonP 15-Sep-22
Pyrannah 15-Sep-22
fdp 18-Sep-22
14-Sep-22
picked up a new muddy boss loc on stand

directions say not to leave hung for more than 14 days...

seems ridiculous right!?

14-Sep-22
Liability

14-Sep-22
Say anything about refrigerating after opening, too??

14-Sep-22
lol...

can't imagine anyone takes em down til end of season, never have, but makes sense bou

anyone happy with this stand overall? it was on sale figured i'd give it a shot

14-Sep-22
I’ve never bought a factory stand have made my own hang ons since I was in high school, but I know how to weld and fabricate and have never had an issue always used chain instead of straps and have many that haven’t been moved or readjusted for 4-5 years, never felt unsafe, but I get the liability issue, I always built mine heavier duty then commercial though too somewhat copied a pattern but way less squeaks and creaks on cold mornings that I do know..

15-Sep-22
Saw that too and laughed. I have about a dozen of the boss xl stands. Very happy for the price, no squeaks and relatively comfy but I do bring a seat cushion pad.

I leave mine up for most of the season and add a supplemental ratchet strap.

15-Sep-22
same here buck!!

15-Sep-22
i wonder what they or their lawyer determined was the significance of 14 days. why not 7, 10, or 21?

when i hunted from tree stands, i'd put them up a month before the season and leave them up. i took them down but seldom removed them from the woods unless i was no longer planning to hunt that spot. i'd hide them nearby and then check them really good the following season before hanging them back up.

15-Sep-22
yeah ron! they talk about animal damage in the literature.. an animal could chew through two days after they are put up...

18-Sep-22

• Sitka Gear