milnrick 15-Sep-22
Bearman 15-Sep-22
Screwball 15-Sep-22
Lewis 15-Sep-22
smarba 16-Sep-22
15-Sep-22

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
I’m not a bear judge by any means but with our new season I’m going to give it a try.Any thoughts on this guy Good luck Lewis

15-Sep-22

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Another

15-Sep-22
That's a repectable bear. I've got a bear rug and won't do another or a mount so for me he's a shooter. I like bear meat and he should be good to eat.

15-Sep-22
Funky looking hide on that critter. Looks like a decent bear though.

15-Sep-22
Thanks guys this is new to me but kinda cool ??

15-Sep-22
A bit better then average. Decent bear.

15-Sep-22
IMO...it looks like a small to medium sow missing some hair.

15-Sep-22
Not a sow. To long n lanky.

15-Sep-22
A smaller bear with hide issues-kinda looks like mange. Not "rug" quality, but a "head" mount if you so desire. Shooting it is your decision.

15-Sep-22
Bear....you can see what looks like the elongated teats on it going up the chest.

15-Sep-22
Boar maybe short hair in summer in Tennessee

15-Sep-22
He is jet black it’s the way the sun is hitting I’ll see if I can get a better picture thanks all Lewis

15-Sep-22
Then camera angle/sun glare explains the “mange look.” Still on the small side. It has “long looking” legs and lots of space under its belly. I think it will be a good bear in a couple of years.

15-Sep-22
I’d say younger boar. I’d shoot em given the chance. He’ll be mighty tastey in some chili

15-Sep-22
Lewis,

Have you ever shot a bear? If not, this could be your "birthday bear !"

15-Sep-22
It is a personal decision.

15-Sep-22
Ground check him Lewis ! I’ve never hunted bear, but if I had a brand new season for something I could eat, that’s what I’d do.

15-Sep-22
Lewis,

I feel comfortable saying the bear is a very well fed young sow. That said, if its your first time bear hunting and if the bear gets your pulse racing like when you shot your first deer, I'd say take it and enjoy the moment.

I shot my first bear in '02, a nice boar (probably 150#) and I was thrilled (and hooked on bear hunting).

Enjoy the challenge

15-Sep-22
I shot a bear once. That's a boar.

15-Sep-22
If it is a trophy to you shoot it. It is your tag no one else's. Had a guy in camp older gentlemen one year. Shot an 60 pounder, guys in camp were ridiculing him, it was what his wife wanted to mount by the fireplace with his fishing pole and creel.

15-Sep-22
Thanks guys we shall see Lewis

16-Sep-22
To me it has the indicators of a "not overly big bear". Ears look big compared to head, legs look long, belly not sagging. HOWEVER, it ain't a cub and I see no reason not to shoot it if you have the chance. A trophy is in the eye of the beholder. I've shot plenty of game that many people would only scoff at, and I was and still am proud of every one of them. Plus delicious. What's not to like?

• Sitka Gear