Zbone 17-Sep-22
Candor 17-Sep-22
PoudreCanyon 17-Sep-22
Stekewood 17-Sep-22
fdp 18-Sep-22
16-Sep-22

Stekewood's embedded Photo
Stekewood's embedded Photo
Jesse Griffiths Hot Fried Doves. One of the best wild game recipes you’ll ever eat. Don’t think I’ll ever make another popper again…..

16-Sep-22

Stekewood's Link

16-Sep-22
Looks great! Those jaloponoes will scare mama away though.

16-Sep-22
Looks awesome!

16-Sep-22

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
Looks good. I haven't shot any snipe yet this year. I just grilled teal and doves and finished them on the smoker though. Delicious.

17-Sep-22
I like it…

17-Sep-22
Thornton that garlic butter is some amazing stuff

17-Sep-22
Awesome looking.

17-Sep-22
Looks good... Where you guys find that garlic butter at, hadn't heard of it before, but sounds great...

17-Sep-22
Steke - did you split your breast like the recipe says or did you use the entire breast ?

My grandfather used to make me pluck doves. I don't think I have plucked on since he passed in 1994. Later in the season when things were slow I would sit in the field and pluck them while waiting for my next bird.

That recipe looks good.

17-Sep-22

PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
I’m not above trying something new, but I’m pretty partial to the kebabs I always make. 2 Dove breasts marinated in Italian dressing with a peppercini sandwiched between and then wrapped in bacon. Soooooo delicious.

17-Sep-22
Candor, I plucked them then took the breastbone out and split them up the middle of the backbone with shears. I’ve found that if you get them into the fridge quickly after shooting them, and leave them in overnight, they are so much easier to pluck.

18-Sep-22

• Sitka Gear