grape 23-Sep-22
spike buck 23-Sep-22
grape 23-Sep-22
spike buck 26-Sep-22
Mike Ukrainetz 26-Sep-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 26-Sep-22
spike buck 26-Sep-22
20-Sep-22
Service interruption for the Arrive Can App today and the 22nd of September, between 6:00 am and 6:30 am each day. Must go to the CBSA site and download a form and have filled out instead of app. Have form filled out before you reach the border ( Traveler contact information form) . Thay say they are enhancing the App... will be interesting to see what they are changing on the app

20-Sep-22
Chris, I'm heading to Saskatchewan in a month. Is the Arrivecan app still required? Has Trudeau declared the pandemic is over like Biden has?

20-Sep-22
I was in NB last week. ArriveCan was still required. I was checked coming back in by Federal F&W, both US and Canada, before the border. Checked at the border and registered the bear then got stopped in a Border Patrol drug check point on 95 just below exit 286.

20-Sep-22
Trudeau will keep the Arrive Cann App as long as he wants to. I expect it to be around till end of year. Also, he is enhancing the app which means it will be around for awhile. Stay tuned to Bowsite to see what he is enhancing on the app.

20-Sep-22
I was in Canada last week. Drove to Toronto and flew from there. Arrive Can app was required to cross the border. I would not try to cross the border without having the application filled out showing proof of vaccination. Also note that it is a federal (Canadian) regulation to wear a mask in all Canadian Airports as well as on all commercial (Canadian) flights.

20-Sep-22
Yeah, the Canadian airport mask mandate caught me off guard too Tom. What a PIA, I had no idea…

—Jim

20-Sep-22
Good to know. Thanks guys.

20-Sep-22

Powder's Link
There are only suppose to be two brief interruptions of 30 minutes each. Not all day long. The way I read it is that you can still cross at those times. You just won't be able to access the app so have proof printed out. Here is what their site says:

This is from the Canadian gov't site https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

Planned service disruption ArriveCAN will undergo a scheduled upgrade on September 20 and September 22, 2022, from 6 am to 6:30 am EDT. This will result in 2 brief service disruptions. We advise you to submit your ArriveCAN information before or after the scheduled maintenance time. You can do so through the ArriveCAN mobile app or web platform up to 72 hours before arriving in Canada. Travellers affected during the disruption will not be able to access ArriveCAN. Travellers can submit information using the Traveller Contact Information Form. Please have the form completed prior to arrival.

20-Sep-22
I was up in Ontario fishing in July and again the first of September. I filled out the paper form and both times the border guards didnt even want to see it. Just wanted my passport. I think they are over the covid stuff also. When I went in July the system was down thats why I went with the paper form.

20-Sep-22
I cross quite frequently and yes, it's a bit annoying that we need to do it each time but it has come a long way since they first started. It takes about 30 seconds for me to fill it out each time. All the information they want is saved in my app and I just need to confirm it's correct. Then I let them know when I when/where I will be crossing and if anyone else is in my group. It is not difficult at all. I will be a surprised if this requirement ever goes away.

20-Sep-22
Good info Powder, thx

20-Sep-22
Ya...that's good to know. The wife and I are heading to Baniff via Eureka in early October.

21-Sep-22
On the news last night there were rumblings about dropping the app.

This doesn’t mean that you don’t need to be vaxxed to enter - it just means no more app. You would still have to flash some sort of ‘proof of vax’ I assume.

21-Sep-22
I just heard that Canada is to drop the vaccine requirement on September 20.

21-Sep-22
Went through Sweet Grass into Alberta and the ArriiveCanada app was not working on my phone, just had a circle. Had the 72 hr Covid test app from my clinic and was let through with a warning that it was a 1x acceptance, another Canada FUBAR.

21-Sep-22
I heard on the news, CBC and CTV that the vaccine requirement will be dropped for border.

21-Sep-22
Definitely should be both ways!

21-Sep-22
Important correction here … They are dropping the arrivecan app, but no commitment as to dropping the vaccine requirement or the random testing - yet.

Trudeau will hang on to this for awhile. Remember, he was willing to invoke martial law just a few months ago - he can’t very well drop everything so soon, it might look bad.

and for our US friends who are pissing and moaning - remember, foreigners still need to be vaxxed to enter the us. Until you clean your own house, you shouldn’t criticize ours.

21-Sep-22
Just wait and see on the 30th... ***The Vaccine Requirement WILL END September 30th!! *** When I was in the States last December, it was like a new world. No masking, life as normal. Canada Government wants to ride on the Covid train as long as it can. Canada or US, there is no comparison. USA believes in freedom! Hell, just went to a Tim Hortons in Dryden and they are still wearing masks LOL!! *** Manitoba and Ontario wouldn't even allow other Canadians into either Province for most of last year.

I went against all Government reccomendations and went on a 10 day Cruise... No Masks. Middle of Omnicron outbreak. Free covid tests paid for by Florida Government. Was great. Then had to go back to covid jail once in Canada again. Spent over $12,000.00 USD Tourist dollars in 3 weeks in America Dec 2021. Canada missed out on my vacation money. But the 3 weeks in America was well worth it!!

Did 2 shows in Indy and Des MoinesJanuary and February March 2022. Shaking hands with 1000's of people. Coughing spitting while being talked to, Not a mask to be seen. Wouldn't of happened in this communist Country of Canada!! None of us caught covid while doing shows.

***Canada deserves the critic ism it is getting!!

22-Sep-22
Spike - I’ll type slowly so you get it.

They have announced that they are doing away with the ArriveCAN app. CBC and CTV have NOT reported that vaccine requirements are being dropped for non residents. What you posted was incorrect and misleading.

As for vaccine requirements for foreign travellers - both the US and Canada are the same.

22-Sep-22
Right now the vaccine is required to cross into Canada, yes. I was never asked to produce my proof of vaccine to enter the USA at any time this past year. So USA is not like Canada.

Yesterday and again today, CBC, Global News and CTV announced, ***The requirement for vaccines will end and arrive can app will be a personal decision***. I listened to the news cast twice, to make sure I heard it right. Our Ontario Travel Association NOTO was also on CBC today saying the Vaccine requirement will end.

No need to argue as you will see.

22-Sep-22
I was wrong - my bad. Articles I read on Monday were clear - app gone, but vax requirements still in place. Obviously that changed yesterday.

22-Sep-22
Well, it’s great news that the politics finally changed! Covid didn’t change, science didn’t change, just the politics did.

23-Sep-22
Just deleted that app from my iPhone.

23-Sep-22
Same here Charlie.

23-Sep-22
Thoughts??? I’ve crossed the border three times since June. I am aware of the pain in the ass it was initially to fill out the arrive Canada app. I’m going again in November. My thoughts are once your in the system it has made the crossing simple. I know it is optional, but as soon as I hand them my passport, they know where I’m going and what I’m doing. Thoughts!?!

23-Sep-22
Vaxx requirements and Arrivecan gone on the 30th. Officers have never used the Arrivecan app to help know where you're going or what you're doing to be honest, and once its optional, they wont be checking it or worrying about it (especially on the land border).

23-Sep-22
Just curious. What makes you think they never used it? It’s right in front of them on the computer screen once you hand them your passport and they scan it??

23-Sep-22
Rackmastr is a border agent Greg.

23-Sep-22
That answers that question. Thanks Chris

26-Sep-22
Its Official... No Vaccine required to cross into Canada as of October 1rst. No more arrive can app. Come on and visit Canada!!

26-Sep-22
Amen to that Chris!

26-Sep-22
So now is the time I should book that bear hunt in Canada…..

26-Sep-22
Yes MA-PA.... Outfitters in Canada need your support!!

• Sitka Gear