t-roy 29-Sep-22
Paul@thefort 29-Sep-22
BULELK1 29-Sep-22
midwest 29-Sep-22
GhostBird 29-Sep-22
27-Sep-22

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
A couple weeks I was driving around with Midwest (Nick) in another unit in Colorado and found Paul@thefort’s truck.

We decided to just keep driving as he probably has all the elk in the area scared! :)

27-Sep-22
No doubt they will underestimate a killer disguised as an old phart ! Go get ‘em Paul !

27-Sep-22
Could be a decoy to throw you off his trail but even if that is his truck he could still be hunting miles from there Since we know Paul still hunts miles deep into elk country :>)))

27-Sep-22
A brush with greatness

27-Sep-22
We were surprised the elk hadn't slashed his tires yet!

27-Sep-22
I thought Paul’s ride was a horse and buggy. ;-)

Matt

27-Sep-22
I was 5 hours from home in my secret honey hole and came across his truck. Guess it was his secret honey hole first :^)

27-Sep-22
I see he is using the ol “close the gate” tactic.

27-Sep-22
When I saw it a couple gals had thrown their bras on his windshield.

27-Sep-22
^^^ Probably Rainbow People

27-Sep-22
He probably chased them to WY.

27-Sep-22
I feel bad for any animal that is near Paul’s truck!

27-Sep-22
That animal will soon be IN Pauls truck.

27-Sep-22
Bras....you are confusing Paul with Lou my friend......LOLOLOL

27-Sep-22
Paul has seven trucks and stunt doubles parking them all over.

He gets some young chicks from the gym to drop him off where he’s actually hunting.

27-Sep-22
Owwww, the ol, "here's his Hiney hole" trick. LOL

28-Sep-22
That’s cool ?? I’m sure he is in hot pursuit Good Luck all Lewis

28-Sep-22
I heard Chuck Norris saw his truck and peed himself.

28-Sep-22
Paul@thefort is the only person Chuck Norris ever googled.

28-Sep-22
Word has it that Chuck Norris is on standby to drag Paul’s elk out.

28-Sep-22
"^^^ Probably Rainbow People"

Doubtful....they don't wear bras. Or so I've heard.

28-Sep-22
Paul the man, the myth, the legend! We are due another great hunt recap! Go Paul!

28-Sep-22
When Paul tells a joke about Will Smiths wife.

Will Smith slaps himself

28-Sep-22
Doesn't look like a very good goose spot to me?

28-Sep-22
You guys are creative ! LMAO !

28-Sep-22
When you find Paul's truck, mark it on a map, then draw a fifteen mile radius around that spot. Somewhere on that perimeter, you're within five miles of a Honey Hole.

28-Sep-22
Probably stolen & dumped there... no elk anywhere near that spot... move along

28-Sep-22
Question is - where is Paul? Has he been found yet? Like has been mentioned multiple vehicles. You go Paul!! An Icon!

28-Sep-22
That’s why Paul is so successful he gets lost in the woods and doesn’t come out until he kills something.

28-Sep-22

28-Sep-22
I thought that I found Paul's truck until I saw the bag of "Dots Pretzels" in the front seat. I knew then it could not be him unless he is still trying to sell the bag with one missing.

28-Sep-22
I just got off the phone with the Jackson County Sheriff Dept. Sargent Smith told me they just found my truck. I checked out the site and found it was 15 miles from where I had been hunting two weeks ago. The truck was at the end of an old logging road, next to a locked gate and a few miles from the main highway. The day the truck was stolen, luckily I had cell coverage and got my wife to come and pick me up in her car. I ended up using her car as my hunting vehicle for the past two weeks but only hunted a few days out of frustration and the lost of the truck. The good new is they found my Toyota but the bad news was, it was found up on blocks, and the wheels and tires removed, the battery was stolen, the catalytic converter was sawed off, and a large cooler was taken from the back that was full of hunting equipment.

The Sherriff was able to interview two hunters from Wisconsin who had been hunting the area around that time, and they reported seeing two guys removing one of the tires from the Toyota. The Wisconsin hunters asked the two guys if they needed help and one of guys stated, "oh, we just had a flat tire." They told the sheriff that they over heard one of the guys say, " hey Brad, we need to get out of here". This Brad guy stated back, " what is your hurry?. Something about getting back to Iowa and training for another 100 mile race. Seemed crazy to the guys from Wisconsin, but in the elk woods, anything can and does happen.

The Sherriff told me they take these this type of theft very seriously and they will get to the bottom shortly. They had one name, also knew one guy was from Iowa, and they had tire tread marks that must have been on a Chevy truck. Oh, the guys from Wisconsin said, the other truck was also white and they just happened to copy down the license plates number.

I guess my advice is , always watch your back because you never know who may be lurking around; be it Friend or Foe!

Now you know the rest of the story.

28-Sep-22
LOL good one Paul !

28-Sep-22
We talked to those Cheeseheads and told them that Paul was somewhere in the area - looking for geese or something.

I know the Jackson County sheriff and already spoke to him about the Cheeseheads whom were the ones that stole the parts of Paul’s truck.

But since it was a Toyota, all investigations were halted. Not worth the effort he said.

28-Sep-22
" they said, vs, he said". The Jackson County DA just told me, this is still under investigation and they will get to the bottom of it. "Someone will hang", was his words. "Messing with a Toyota Tacoma is like horse theft in this county." "Worse than wolves".

29-Sep-22
I heard the Kansas guy was holed up in Iowa….

29-Sep-22
That is a great lead Troy.

29-Sep-22
Good reading @ 0320--------->

Start the day off with laughter and ya just know the rest of the day will be Great!

Good luck, Robb

29-Sep-22
On a totally unrelated note, does anyone have any tips on how to remove black lab hair from goose jerky?

Should probably start a new thread...

29-Sep-22
Pick it off with your teeth.

I told you guys the truck was stolen. No way Paul would hunt such a terrible spot with no animals.

• Sitka Gear