Swampbuck 29-Sep-22
TGbow 29-Sep-22
JohnMC 30-Sep-22
Thornton 30-Sep-22
TGbow 30-Sep-22
28-Sep-22

TGbow's embedded Photo
TGbow's embedded Photo
Guess this is why I've hunted on the ground 90% of the time. This pic doesn't include the Wild edge steps..3 of em

Lit of stuff to fool with..lol

28-Sep-22
To each their own.

28-Sep-22
I'm thankful I Can still tote it all in at 62 yrs old..it's just fooling with so much stuff that I don't care for...lol

28-Sep-22

TGbow's embedded Photo
TGbow's embedded Photo
This is what I would take hunting on the ground.

28-Sep-22
Nice Riverwolf quiver clay. Looks like mine.

28-Sep-22

Thornton's embedded Photo
On the ground now, tucked in a brushy terrace with just my bow and a 170" nontypical just stood up outta the beans and walked into the woods. Couple does walked by earlier.

28-Sep-22
Dang Jason..guess you weren't able to get a shot. Nice buck!

28-Sep-22
Thanks Tony, Ralph did a good job on it

28-Sep-22
Ralph does make a nice quiver and he's an even nicer guy!

Good luck this season Clay in the trees or on the ground and stay safe!

28-Sep-22
Jim, same to you. My brother asked me why I bought another treestand..he sais " you always end up on the ground..lol Yes, Ralph is a top notch fella. Have a great season.

28-Sep-22
Nice Thornton - take the plastic off the lens though!

28-Sep-22
LMAO!!!

28-Sep-22
TG I hear ya, doing hang hunts on public I get tired of packing all that stuff in and out. I bought all the goodies for saddle hunting but haven’t taken the time to practice it yet.

Thornton, you could open an abstract photography studio. Are you using a 20 year old flip phone? If you are, I could respect that, fight the big tech spy’s!

29-Sep-22

My new android won't focus in my new Sig rangefinding binoculars like my old phone did in my old vortex binoculars. Here he is for reference, except he didn't grow the paddle back this year. He sprouted points elsewhere though. Back on the ground with him in the morning hopefully. He watched me walk out this evening.

29-Sep-22

29-Sep-22
Hope you get a shot Jason.

29-Sep-22

TGbow's embedded Photo
TGbow's embedded Photo
Anybody ever use a Molle frame attached to your treestand? I'm curious if it would make much difference as far as the perceived weight

29-Sep-22
Thornton is the official photographer of bigfoot. ;-)

29-Sep-22

ND String Puller's embedded Photo
ND String Puller's embedded Photo
TG this is what I use on my LW setup...carries a lot better now

29-Sep-22
Kelly, that's what I have minus the waist strap.

29-Sep-22
Ok, yes I see that now. I had the LW neoprene shoulder straps before and the stand would just grind on my back. The waist belt definitely helps that and the shoulder and neck strain. I use the old LW alpha with 3 of their 32” sticks. I think it all weighs 22-23 lbs with the straps for everything. Let us know what you come up with.

29-Sep-22
Kelly, I think the reason I've hunted on the ground so many years is the fact that I just don't like a lot of bulk to fool with. Preset would be good but I'm back on public land. The saddle might be next venture..lol

29-Sep-22

SteveB's embedded Photo
SteveB's embedded Photo
Hey...at least that seat has a smile on its face. Check it out.

29-Sep-22
Hey ..it sure does Steve..cheerful

29-Sep-22
Ahh the joy and benefits of owning your own land, year round ladder stands

29-Sep-22
I like ladder stands the best

30-Sep-22
Curious when you hunt on ground vs a tree stand do you feel it cost you chances to kill deer? Either from scent or get busted by deer eyes.

30-Sep-22
I have hunted quite a few big bucks that saw me on the ground and I was given another or multiple other chances throughout the season as long as I moved to another spot. I have been busted one time by multiple bucks that saw me in a tree and they disappeared never to be seen again. If you've ever been in the woods in the dark, you'll agree they come alive with all sorts of crawling, noisy animals. I think being spooked from something on the ground is ordinary for deer, so they seem to get over it faster. Sito on the KS forum has lots of late season footage of deer grazing close by while he sits against a tree in the open.

30-Sep-22
John, I'm sure at some point t it has cost me..and I didn't even know it.

Been busted a few times in 47 years.

But, I also know fellas that have been busted in a treestand also. Actually, I can usually hide easier on the ground, the majority of the time..but not always. A treestand will usually give you an advantage IMO..but not always. As far as scent goes I've not had a problem for the most part. I think you can get busted scent wise in a treestand just like on the ground. I've found that as long as I keep the human body odor down as much as possible, watching the wind, I haven't had a problem..occasionally but not often.

The deer I hunt smell diesel, oil, gas, chemicals, ect..it's body odor I worry about.

• Sitka Gear