RutnStrut 01-Oct-22
rickepanton 08-Apr-24
ILbowhntr 08-Apr-24
APauls 09-Apr-24
KSflatlander 09-Apr-24
JTreeman 09-Apr-24
#bowhunter 09-Apr-24
28-Sep-22
Has anyone tried the new lithium cartridge available for the reveal cameras?

28-Sep-22
I use regular CVS batteries and my Reveals last a year.

28-Sep-22
Haven't used the lithium cartridge, but I've had lithium cells to last 9 months in a Tactacam Reveal in a very high deer and hog traffic area......thousands of great photos.

29-Sep-22
My Reveals last me a whole year on a set of standard CVS batteries. wordle unlimited

29-Sep-22
Lithiums work fine. I just wondered if anyone has tried the new cartridge. Thanks for responding.

29-Sep-22
I read about the new cartridges and a lot of people actually were saying that they don’t last nearly as long as a full set of lithium batteries. Some archery talk guys were saying lithium’s lasted 9 months, thousands of pics and the lithium pack only lasted 3-4 months

29-Sep-22
Energizer AA batteries seem to last a very, very long time for me, even in colder temperatures. No need to purchase the lithium cartridge, although I did see it for sale when I purchased another Reveal yesterday.

30-Sep-22
Purchased their solar charger(high traffic area) has been two months and still 100%.The battery pack(2)+charger is pricy.Good luck the Energizer lithium's.

01-Oct-22
I love my Tactacams. But the lithium cartridge is junk. I bought one last month, charged it and put it in a cam. That cam dropped down to 60% in 2 days with less than 200 pics. It was dead a week later. I'll stick to Energizer lithiums and the Tactacam solar panels.

08-Apr-24
I haven't personally tried the new lithium cartridge for the Tactacam reveal cameras, but it sounds like an interesting upgrade. Lithium batteries are known for their long-lasting power and durability, which can be great for outdoor and hunting cameras like the Tactacam. If you're looking for more information or options for lithium batteries, you might want to check out a reputable lipo battery manufacturer. They offer a range of lithium polymer batteries that could potentially be compatible with your Tactacam. It's always a good idea to do some research and read reviews before making a purchase to ensure you're getting a high-quality product that meets your needs.

08-Apr-24
I’ve got the cartridge in 2 of my cameras. One been in since January, 580 pictures a month, and still at 80%.

09-Apr-24
I bought a lithium cartridge and used it a couple times. Not great is all I can say. I went back to using Kirkland AA alkaline's.

09-Apr-24
I have 5 cartridges and 4 cameras and used the cartridges the first time last season. I just swap out the charged spare battery when needed and rotate them. The cartridges don't last as long but they lasted me 3-4 months. I like the cartridges as they work fine for my situation with the hunting property within 30 minutes of the house.

Note that there are Chinese knock offs out there and they are prevalent on eBay. Go with the Tactacam brand of cartridge.

09-Apr-24
I have 5-6 of the cartridges. They cost about the same as 2.5 sets of lithium AA if I recall. They don’t last as long as lithium in my experience. But I Feel longer than regular AA, burning have no data to confirm that.

The older TactaCam recommend no battery when using the solar panel. I use solar on almost all mine. I noticed the new instructions recommend using batteries (I think not 100% necessary though) so I’ve started using the battery packs with the solar. Hard to say if it makes any difference, but I have so many going and far between it seemed logical to me, and I hate dead batteries… so for my use (with solar) I’d say they are good, but as a standalone battery I would hold my judgment.

—Jim

09-Apr-24
Best thing for me, I have them in all my cams, with 1 extra, each time I go to a cam I just change batt, bring the other home and recharge it. No more 12 aa batteries for me

• Sitka Gear