Bearman 29-Sep-22
KSflatlander 29-Sep-22
LINK 30-Sep-22
Will 30-Sep-22
Will 06-Oct-22
Michael 08-Oct-22
kota-man 23-Oct-22
29-Sep-22
Kuiu recently came out with the Proximity line an insulated jacket and pant for stand hunting.

It appears to be between a Sitka Stratus and the Fanatic. Just wondering if anyone has purchased a set and your opinions.

29-Sep-22
Literally just ordered the Proximity Jacket this AM when I saw they were back in stock... So Ill re-discover this thread when it comes in next week and let you know how I like it.

I bet KotaMan already has it :) He has all the cool stuff!

29-Sep-22
The jacket intrigues me. The in between stratus and fanatic is what’s really doing it.

However I am curious how it performs in the blocking the wind department.

29-Sep-22
Must. Resist.

Problem is I really like that camo for a treestand. . . .

29-Sep-22
Michael, a friend just received the jacket. It is extremely quiet and I did the try the blow through it test and I can barely force any air through it. It has pit zips to dump heat while wearing it in, which the stratus doesn’t. And it is insulated which the stratus isn’t. Without using it in the field I would guess it would be perfect for the 45-20’s temperature range without layering but that’s just a guess.

The pants I haven’t seen but from the pictures they look like they run higher up than a pant but not quite a bib. Reviews on the pants are what I am most interested in as walking in and not overheating but yet staying warm on stand is harder in my opinion than the upper body.

29-Sep-22
Cocoonman - the pants look good. I had more use for the jacket short term, so did that first. If I love it, may splurge on them too. They have good length vent zips on the thigh sides I believe, which should help. That's something I like about Kuiu, it's technical wear for hunting vs hunting wear that's technical. That's NOT a bust on other brands with amazing gear. Just that, because I often use it for other activities that are more active, I enjoy the Kuiu features a lot.

Again, that's NOT a bust on other great brands like Sitka and what appears to be similar quality like Forloh and a few others.

I'm psyched to try it... though I admit, I've already had a buddy text me having seen this post to ask how I feel about my next CC bill ha ha ha! I guess I feel a little guilty, but excited too.

29-Sep-22
My jacket and pants arrived last week. I ordered the same size that I normally wear from Kuiu and I think the fit is great. I have only tried them on in the house. They are incredibly quiet and have great pockets, pits zips, full length leg zips, etc. I think they will be fantastic for my whitetail hunts. I'm sure I will need to add some layers when it's very cold but that's another reason I like Kuiu....just have to find the system that works for you.

29-Sep-22
Just ordered the jacket. Now I am wondering if I should have ordered the pants as well.

I really do like my stratus bibs. Just didn’t think I would ever find anything that would replace them.

29-Sep-22
Will…HA…I have looked but have a hard time finding where it fits in. I don’t think it will be warm enough for late season up here. Too warm for early season. Could work in October I guess!

29-Sep-22
I'll stick to my Walmart brand camo. And keep killn chitloads of deer. (Grin) GQHunter I aint.

29-Sep-22
Will- KUIU Proximity would be perfect for a treestand hunt in November in KS. LMAO. You just need to pull the trigger on a tag.

30-Sep-22
Bearman sometimes I pair Walmart stuff with stuff that’s GQ. To each their own. Some of the Sitka/ Kuiu stuff isn’t worth the money, some of it absolutely is especially if you can find it on sale.

30-Sep-22
Rocky, if you are in Northern MN after having been GA born and raised, then you should most definitely plunge into the warmest stuff you can get your hands on - ideally including a heated vest for a mid layer! Dark side of the moon cold!

06-Oct-22
So, arrived tonight. I like it. First observation, it's light. Meaning, literally light, as in, not heavy as other cold weather coats I have. The fit is true, and its very quiet to wear/move in. In my home office, wearing a T shirt and shorts, it was warm enough I wanted to take it off quick... But Ill have to wait for mother nature to toss a good chill at us before determining if it stays that warm outside.

Fits well, feels good when on, as noted, its light - almost feels like you are just wearing a fleece sweat shirt.

So, at first glance, my Proximity Jacket is great. Just have to wait on mother nature to make it chilly outside now to really test it out.

08-Oct-22
I received the jacket on Thursday and took it out for its first sit last night.

I would say sizing is spot on. All my jackets are 2X and this one fit as good as the others.

It’s very soft. It has a similar feel to the Sitka stratus. The jacket is very light and easily compressed down to be put in my back pack I use for whitetail hunting.

I wore a T shirt, First lite sawtooth mid layer and this jacket last night and was plenty warm. Truck read 36 when I got back to it after the sit. Anything colder then that I will add in a fleece 1/4 zip. As far as wind resistant goes. There wasn’t much for wind last night. However I did use the wife’s hair dryer and couldn’t feel any air movement on the inside.

23-Oct-22
Got a chance to see this set and was impressed. Like the original OP said, it falls right between the Sitka Stratus and Fanatic. (Guessing this was by design). Should be perfect for October and November hunts in most States. I really like that it doesn’t feel as bulky as the Fanatic and with a heated Pnuma Vest and Long Johns, I bet I could wear this in the same temp range as the Fanatic. Don’t get me wrong, it is not the Fanatic, but possibly a less bulky option that will get you close to the same temps with layering. The Proximity will not be warm enough for late season up here, but will fill a spot in October/November rut hunts. Will be interesting to see where KUIU goes with this whitetail line. With the early success of Proximity, you can bet there will be more.

• Sitka Gear