JusPassin 04-Oct-22
Bou'bound 04-Oct-22
Pat Lefemine 04-Oct-22
dm/wolfskin 05-Oct-22
Bou'bound 05-Oct-22
30-Sep-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Elk shed with euros off points. If I do it not sure how I would mount shed to display. I had some antelope near by so used them and bear.

30-Sep-22
Great idea! Maybe mount the shed to the top of a stump (about 3 foot tall)?

30-Sep-22
I like it! Mounting it to s stump is a good idea also.

30-Sep-22
Drill a hole in the elk shed and bondo in a square tubing. Once it is hardened, cut it off flush. Find a good stump you like or build a nice wood pedestal stand for it. Drill a hole in the stump or top of stand and secure a solid piece of square metal stock that will allow the square tubing in the elk shed to slide over. I used this method a lot mounting shoulder pedestal mounts. A piece of all thread in the elk shed will work as well especially if you go with a wood pedestal. The top of the pedestal should be removable so the all thread will go through it and secured underneath with washers and bolts.

30-Sep-22
Hold my Dr. Pepper, watch this! Definitely an "A" for thinking outside the box. I like butcherboys idea of a stump but I'm trying to picture it as a finished product. I'm thinking of a stump about 16-20" in diameter/18-20" high and mount the base of the elk antler on the side of the stump at about the same angle you are holding it. Probably need to notch an area for the antler to go into. I think that would hold all that weight.

30-Sep-22
Guess I will be the lone dissenter. Doesn't appeal to me. I would display the skulls on something more compact like a tree trunk and use the elk horn to accent the whole piece. You could anchor a couple skulls against the main beam too. You could reverse the horns to hang down and try hanging skulls from the beams too. The way I see your piece right now it's too random or abstract. It's your piece though and your vision, work it and find what pleases you most. Take your time and set it aside and just watch it a bit each time you change it up. Something will really get your attention. My hats off to anybody who tries something 'different'!

30-Sep-22
Not my favorite either but don't mind the creative juices flowing

30-Sep-22
Original idea for sure, but it doesn’t do it for me. I don’t hate it but I wouldn’t get one like that.

01-Oct-22

Catscratch's embedded Photo
A "stump" start, and some logs.

01-Oct-22

01-Oct-22

01-Oct-22
I think your elk antler idea might look pretty good off the top of my first pic. Or make an pronghorn skull tree like my other 2 pics.

01-Oct-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
That is a kool idea man.

I did mine a little differently------->

Muley, Bobcat, Lynx, Mnt. Lion, Wolf, Antelope, Wyo-Cow Buff and Wyo-Bull Buff.

Keep us posted as ya modify your project,

Robb

01-Oct-22
Probably an unpopular position but when there are a bunch of antlers together it looks messy to me. However at current shoulder mount prices I see the sense. They certainly take up less space as well. To each his own.

01-Oct-22
We all know how easy it is to break a euro if it falls or gets hit by something. I found a deer euro on the floor a couple times in my office. No damage, checked the wall mount, all good so hung it back up. Forgot to ask if anyone knocked it off or knew why it was on the floor. Turns out it was in the background of my wife's zoom meetings so she kept removing it :^)

01-Oct-22
I like Cat’s cedar tree better, just my opinion.

01-Oct-22
"Probably an unpopular position but when there are a bunch of antlers together it looks messy to me."

I struggle with that too Guardian. I have exactly 1 shoulder mount, everything else is just antlers. Most of what is pictured is from my younger days of bowhunting. What I shoot now doesn't fit without way to much clutter so they've been going to the garage. The "trees" do offer a way to house quite a few without using a ton of space.

01-Oct-22
Original idea for sure, but it doesn’t do it for me. I don’t hate it but I wouldn’t get one like that.

01-Oct-22
I think it looks kind cheesy, but the finished product mounted to a stump with grass and maybe a fox, turkey, bobcat on stump may look great.

01-Oct-22
Too busy for me. Saves space but depletes the individualism of each special animal. It is artistic and its your house or ?

02-Oct-22
To each his own, but I’ll pass on the euros on the elk antler.

03-Oct-22
I like it. Drill a hole in back side of elk antler for a heavy-duty picture hanger or eye screw, then hang that on a screw in a stud on the wall.

Just curious, why leave the horn/antler tags on the skulls? Do you have to? Here in NM once skulls are home or finished those can be removed. I stuff them inside the brain cavity just to keep them together, but to me they look odd on your final skull.

03-Oct-22
Not sure why I still have a tag on one. Should have left them all then I remember when I killed them. They look enough a like I forget. Not sure if I'll do it or not. Would take up a decent about of space. Just a different idea that popped in my brain.

03-Oct-22
If you like it you like it and that's all that matters. I like how it displays the skulls and that's really cool. For the antler I'm an antler purist so I have a hard time taking away from the shed.

04-Oct-22
If you like it then go for it. Not for me though.

04-Oct-22
Sometimes Less is more. There is a lot going on with that display.

04-Oct-22
Count me in the 'minimalist' crowd. Nothing loses the magnificence of an animal more than clutter. I have seen trophy rooms that have 300 mounts in them, all on top of one another. It doesn't impress me, it gives me a headache. But as anything else, to each his own. It's your mounts, and your home and you are the only one looking at them 99.99% of the time. If you like it, go for it! Definitely imaginative and thinking out of the box for sure!

05-Oct-22
The older I have gotten mounts are just dust collectors.

05-Oct-22
Sometimes Less is more. There is a lot going on with that display.

• Sitka Gear