BULELK1 30-Oct-22
fuzzy 30-Oct-22
t-roy 30-Oct-22
Nick Muche 30-Oct-22
BULELK1 31-Oct-22
Glidingindian 04-Nov-22
fuzzy 08-Nov-22
01-Oct-22
I have a spot and stalk archery mule deer hunt coming up. I had double knee replacement in December. The knees are incredibly good except for kneeling. I definitely will need some type of knee pads. Any recommendations?

01-Oct-22
The pants at Duluth trading company that have pockets built in for kneepads. Keeps the pads from sliding around and you can get their thicker kneepad if desired.

01-Oct-22
I am a concrete contractor, I wear these everyday also while archery elk hunting. After the velcro quits working just duct tape them. You can get them on Amazon, Troxell USA leatherhead kneepads. Carpet padding behind if you need more support.

01-Oct-22
I’ve got some tactical knee pads I bought years ago that I love. They’re super light weight, protect the knees and offer padding but last l look they were no longer available. I’ll check and post a link in a few minutes (unless I get distracted) if I find something similar.

01-Oct-22
I did a quick search for tactical and military knee pads and there are a ton of options. Do a quick search using “military” or “tactical knee pads” and you’ll find the same. Nearly all have plastic caps and will be noisy so I suggest you pick one you like then use some spray glue to adhere some fleece or felt to the plastic portion to quiet them down so they’re better for closing the deal on deer.

Pick one

01-Oct-22

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
spot and stalk turkey hunting
spot and stalk turkey hunting
I have tried them all and now use these. No hard shell but softer hard rubber on the outside and soft rubber on the inside. The two straps are of good quality and are adjustable. Your knees will love you for wearing these. I use them in the blind while turkey, pronghorn and goose hunting as I shoot off my knees mostly. And yes while spot and staking if needed. Price around $25.

01-Oct-22
^^^^ I have those exact same knee pads and I’ve used them around the house for years and they’re great!. But I’d still look at some lighter, more articulate tactical knee pads for hunts where I’m moving and hiking a lot.

02-Oct-22
I bought mine over 25 years ago from some company out of Montana, when I started to hunt the prarie. I love them. Can not remember the name of company, may have been Trautman, something like that..... I use them all the time, even here in Wis,

02-Oct-22
Pants with Built in Knee pads are my go to these days. Options from Sitka and possibly Kuiu as well. I have also used the ones like Paul is wearing and hard plastic ones as well but they are loud in rocky terrain. All of them will work, but having them built in the pant is my preference.

Matt

02-Oct-22
i agree with matt, pants with built-in knee pads are the way to go if you cover a lot of ground. the sitka are hard to beat and their knee pads are removable.

kuiu makes a pant with knee pads sewed on. they are OK too.

02-Oct-22
Go to the hardware store near you. Never know what you might find on the shelf. With the new knees you might find you need the ones filled with gel.

02-Oct-22

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo
My Sitka Timberline pants have knee pads and I love them.

That being said I wear knee pads at work as a union carpenter a lit. The biggest problem with most is the eventually fall down below the knee. Constantly pulling them up is annoying. Myself and guys I work with wear Knee Pro. They stay put. No velcro to wear out either.

02-Oct-22
My ACUs have a built in pocket for knee pads. You can buy the pads or make your own. Don't forget about elbow pads too. I forgot mine on the 4-wheeler when I went on a stalk. Bloody elbows but I got a nice mulely. Good luck.

02-Oct-22
AWP brand from lowes. Cost a whopping $11. Cordura material, nice and thick. Good and comfy. Quieter too. Try them.

02-Oct-22
Get something from Home Depot, Lowe's, or Amazon. Unless you're going to use them a lot in the near future, don't waste a lot of money on them.

02-Oct-22
Volley ball knee pads seem to work good

16-Oct-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've had these for years and years.

I really like how padded they are and light weight

I added a strip of Velcro from the pocket flap to help with keeping them up as I hunt thru.

Good luck, Robb

16-Oct-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Dang double post

16-Oct-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Another Angle

16-Oct-22
Robb………I had the exact same pair. Loved them! Unfortunately, I loaned them to friend for an antelope hunt, and they never got returned. You don’t happen to know who made them, do you? Probably haven’t been made for years, unfortunately.

16-Oct-22
Interesting . The Troxell USA leatherhead kneepads. Is the brand Ms M Lewinsky endorses on the Equine and Cattle Network so I been told . I don't think she is a hunter though ? ..........................................................

17-Oct-22
I'll have to see if I still have the website, I get them from buddy.

Good luck, Robb

18-Oct-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I actually had ordered a spare pair while back, although they have modified them a bit on the front, they still are really nice to have.

Enjoy,

Robb

18-Oct-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
And some Point of Contact info

19-Oct-22
Sorry, I do not know if they are still in bsns,

Robb

19-Oct-22
I’m not seeing the old style ones in your top pics, Robb. Looks like Trophyline is geared more towards saddle hunting applications now, with an entirely different type of pads for that style hunting.

Thanks for the effort, though!

20-Oct-22
You are Welcome

Good luck, Robb

20-Oct-22

SoDakSooner's embedded Photo
SoDakSooner's embedded Photo
May be late to the party but I also mountain bike. Ive been really happy with my G-form pads.(you can get them on amazon) Low profile, will fit under pants very comfy to wear. Just be aware that they are sized for bikers. I am not huge but have big quads and have to wear a 2xl.

30-Oct-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Well, I'm packing for my Muzzy Bull elk hunt here in my home state and I'm getting Gaiters out as it's going to be snowy weather and looky at what I find laying under some of my Gaiters!!

Good luck, Robb

30-Oct-22

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
If the contact info is out of date, I could very easily sell these to any interested fellow hunter

Enjoy,

Robb

30-Oct-22
The juxtaposition of this thread title amongst all the recent discussions on "alternative lifestyle " is a bit disturbing ??

30-Oct-22
PMed you, Robb.

Fuzzy……I only want them for hunting…..HONEST!

30-Oct-22
Those things are hip, Robb!

31-Oct-22
$OLD !!!

Thanks for the interest All,

Robb

04-Nov-22

Glidingindian's embedded Photo
Glidingindian's embedded Photo
Agree with Matt P. Hunted 6 hard days last year in NE Colorado archery MD, all spot n stalk. My Sitka timberline pants were great with built in knee pads but kuiu were great too. Can’t remember which model but had sewn in pads. If in that Colorado /Nebraska plains area keep tweezers in your pocket at all times and wear gloves a little thicker than what the temp calls for. Had to do a lotta sticker pickin

08-Nov-22
Lol @troy, thanks for taking it with the humor intended. For some bows(ite) changes the smiley emoji to two question marks ??

• Sitka Gear